Slash - By The Sword Video Premiere!
relaxenjoy
Apr 29 2010, 04:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
For all the Slash fans out there, a video has premiered for the first song off of his new album:

Ultimate-Guitar.com is proud to premiere a brand new Slash video for "By The Sword." The song comes from the legendary guitarist's latest album "Slash," and features Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother on vocals.

The video was shot April 3 and April 4 in the Los Angeles area. As previously reported, anyone could participate in the filming process as a part of the concert crowd. Several photos from the photoshoot are available at this location.

A live video of Slash and Andrew Stockdale performing "By The Sword" at The Roxy in L.A. on April 10th can be seen at Slash Online. At the show, Slash performed new songs from his new solo album together with GN'R classics such as "Civil War" and "Paradise City".

"Slash," the album, scored the highest new entry on The Billboard 200 chart, with first-week U.S. sales of around 60,000 copies.

The LP was released in North America on April 6 via EMI Label Services. The album features an all-star roster of guest musicians, including Ian Astbury, Chris Cornell, Rocco DeLuca, Fergie, Dave Grohl, Myles Kennedy, Kid Rock, Lemmy Kilmister, Adam Levine of Maroon 5, Duff McKagan, M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold, Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop, and Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother.

Watch the official "By The Sword" video below!

In other news, Slash and Ultimate Guitar are announcing a unique fan Q&A session, giving UG users a chance to ask Slash anything they want. The questions will be answered by the guitarist on a monthly basis in his blog.

"I've been getting some very inquisitive comments and tweets from fans," Slash said in the announcement. "I’m going to address some of your questions on my official blog here on Ultimate-Guitar. So if you have something to say, please post it in this thread and hopefully I can answer you here. Just keep it clean. Iiii|; )"

Start submitting your questions right away!

Source: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/genera...o_premiere.html

The video can be watched from the link above.

I not only think the the member Q and A thing is really cool, but the whole Slash having a UG blog and being so involved is pretty awesome!

It's hopefully a great pilot idea for some other artists in the future!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 29 2010, 04:13 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yeah, the site is cool, nice idea with the Q and A. Oh, and the song is great, too wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Joruus
Apr 29 2010, 05:14 PM
Oooh nice video smile.gif
Got the album last week, i really love the whole album!

also found it funny to see slash has his own smilie he uses: Iiii|; )

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
relaxenjoy
Apr 29 2010, 05:47 PM
QUOTE (Joruus @ Apr 29 2010, 12:14 PM) *
also found it funny to see slash has his own smilie he uses: Iiii|; )

Good eye! I hadn't noticed this, that's pretty cool,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 30 2010, 01:26 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very interesting video. Kinda reminds me to Mad max meets Demolition man atmosphere smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 30 2010, 02:15 AM
Instructor
Awesome stuff, the new album is great, I checked out the first half of it. Singer rocks smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Keep_Rocking
Apr 30 2010, 12:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool riff!
Just love the video and the album!
txs for the tip. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Apr 30 2010, 04:43 PM
GMC:er
Put me up for a stoning ohmy.gif - but I don´t like the vocals at all and the solo was a bit boring in my opinion...so not for me this time!
Thanks for the info though!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:52 PM