> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Van Halen Style Rhythm, Lesson By Alex Feather
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

carminemarotta
May 11 2012, 11:25 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Van Halen Style Rhythm by Alex Feather

Dear Instructors this is a very very fun lesson. here my take. Sorry but the last two bars are missing (didn't edit well!). Thanks in advance, Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 12 2012, 10:02 AM
Instructor
Hey Carmine, good to see you in REC again.

You manage to keep up with the timing generally so that aspect of your playing is improving. The guitar was quite badly out of tune so those nice chords at 0:22 didn't come across too well. When you play those descending triads at 0:23, try to keep your fingers fretting the chords because the notes are supposed to ring together, not be fretted separately. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 12 2012, 01:44 PM
Instructor
Hey Carmine, congrats on your efforts man! You are a banner holder (that dude in the medieval armies who had to stay alive regardless of what happened and hold the banner up to cheer the soldiers)

biggrin.gif I agree with everything that Ben said, timing is good, but you are not yet confident with the piece - you should practice it some more, until you acquire more tightness - you don't make me feel like you mean what you are playing wink.gif YET!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 15 2012, 04:58 AM
Instructor
Good take! A few things:
-Your guitar was out of tune it can happen because of the intonation is not set up properly, you have new string or it's just out of tune:)
-Timing was good in the most parts but still need some work!
You are almost there and just need a little more time to get this lesson to sound perfect!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2012, 05:11 PM
Instructor
I just graded your take number 4! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
May 19 2012, 05:43 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.25 on this take..

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:33 AM