Black Machine Guitar? $18,000? !
Todd Simpson
Feb 13 2014, 11:02 AM
GMC:er
Well, I've now seen everything smile.gif I"d never even heard of BLACK MACHINE guitars outside of some obscure references on the inter webs. Today, I saw one on Ebay. I'd always heard they were CRAZY expensive but get ready for this.

$18,000!!!!

FOR ONE GUITAR!! I hate to seem shocked but my goodness! My car is brand new and didn't cost that much. Has anyone played these? I'm sure some folks think it's worth this, and some rich rock star might think it's cheap smile.gif But yeah, 18k? For one guitar? It looks kinda basic? Has EMGs? For 18k? Really?

Here is the link to prove I"m not making this up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321322364715?ssPag...984.m1555.l2649

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 13 2014, 12:34 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
That's just wrong.
The Nik Huber Redwood I used to own cost about 5000$ and that had just as good wood, better and more expensive pickups/hardware, wooden pickuprings, backplate etc.. I can't see one thing on this guitar that would be better than a Huber Redwood. And that's an expensive guitar at 4-5000$. 18000???
It's not like it's a vintage Gibson/Fender from the golden era, jeez...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 13 2014, 12:35 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I agree. The only reason to get one of those is exclusivity I guess, I'd be surprised otherwise. Plus, you obviously better be rich if you intend to get one laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Feb 13 2014, 02:09 PM
That listing doesn't say why this thing is so rare. The other photos show wires to the EMG pickups in the routed out spaces....that doesn't look too good to me. I personally think 1000 $ is too much for any guitar 18 G is ridiculous....Surely it would be better to practise more.laugh.gif

The seller has other expensive stuff on their listing as well.....somebody will buy probably it who has too much money and the seller knows it.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 13 2014, 03:25 PM
Instructor
Same as Fran. I believe this price is ridicolous but...You know...someone has to make guitarfor those crazy dudes with lot's of money in the pocket wink.gif Otherwise I just want to believe that guitar building procoess last for the whole Year tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Feb 13 2014, 04:55 PM
Funny how they use the headstock (albeit reversed) more or less from Parker, who when they did it, got laughed at...

This post has been edited by Hexabuzz: Feb 13 2014, 04:57 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 15 2014, 09:23 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
If I had 18 grand to toss around, I think I would pick up one of these and spend the rest on a lavish vacation. cool.gif

[attachment=35847:DSC08877.jpg]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Ibanez-Steve-...=item2588b8bdac

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 15 2014, 09:50 PM
Looks alot like a SKEVERSON head stock as well smile.gif The price seems just nuts. I guess reallly rich folks need crazy pricey guitars smile.gif
Attached Image

QUOTE (Hexabuzz @ Feb 13 2014, 10:55 AM) *
Funny how they use the headstock (albeit reversed) more or less from Parker, who when they did it, got laughed at...

+Quote Post
dark_dude
Feb 16 2014, 03:11 PM
A few years ago one of my guitar teachers had one; it was really nice. Not as expensive as this one, though.

--------------------
*Ibanez 2550E Prestige
*LTD EC-1000
*Squier bullet
----
*Roland Cube 30W
----
*Line 6 Pod Studio GX
My Practice Agenda

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 16 2014, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Many years ago I went to a guitar show at London and Black Machine had a booth there. He was a nice guy, he let me have a noodle on one of his guitars. Apart from that, I don't know anything else about the brand. $18, 000 though..... wow... ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 17 2014, 03:40 AM
IT's got me curious to play one that's for sure smile.gif But I"m guessing it just plays like a really nice guitar. The Strictly 7 I borrowed from them to do a playthrough is the most expensive guitar I"ve spend any time on. It runs about $3,500. I just don't see how any guitar could be an additional 15k?

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 16 2014, 09:52 AM) *
Many years ago I went to a guitar show at London and Black Machine had a booth there. He was a nice guy, he let me have a noodle on one of his guitars. Apart from that, I don't know anything else about the brand. $18, 000 though..... wow... ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Palacios
Feb 17 2014, 05:10 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 15 2014, 12:23 PM) *
If I had 18 grand to toss around, I think I would pick up one of these and spend the rest on a lavish vacation. cool.gif

[attachment=35847:DSC08877.jpg]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Ibanez-Steve-...=item2588b8bdac

That is one badass looking guitar. I don't think I'd spend $18,000 for anything. Hell I won't even pay that much for a car.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 17 2014, 10:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 17 2014, 02:40 AM) *
IT's got me curious to play one that's for sure smile.gif But I"m guessing it just plays like a really nice guitar. The Strictly 7 I borrowed from them to do a playthrough is the most expensive guitar I"ve spend any time on. It runs about $3,500. I just don't see how any guitar could be an additional 15k?

All I can remember is that it had really heavy strings on !! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 17 2014, 01:17 PM
Well thats a bit of a dissapointment sad.gif Maybe it was being down tuned or something? Just personal prefs of course but I dig 9 sets for lead work and if I picked up the 18k guitar with 11s on it ... uggh...

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 17 2014, 04:39 AM) *
All I can remember is that it had really heavy strings on !! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Feb 17 2014, 06:16 PM
Its interesting to see the ebay listing for this one now...They have reduced the price slightly now to $15777....bit better...and believe it or not they have refused 7 offers so far....the Highest being OMG $11,500!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
EDIT: The seller has now withdrawn the article for sale...as it is no longer available!....Probably sold!
http://www.ebay.es/itm/Extremely-Rare-Blac...;_qi=RTM1685972

This post has been edited by Headbanger: Feb 17 2014, 06:20 PM

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 18 2014, 07:07 AM
Learning Roadie
I think the main part of the price is the exclusivity. Black Machine is now made under licence by Feline Guitars, producing the B6 and B7 (I think). The B2 guitars were made by the founder of Black Machine himself and are very rare, I had a feeling that someone mentioned this was the owners personal guitar, but if it wasn't stated in the advert then I might be mistaken

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 22 2014, 05:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Man, what you couldn't buy for that money instead! I'm not sure I'd even dare to play that one if it cost that much.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 22 2014, 05:29 PM

I know right? You could equip a pretty spiff home studio for the cost of that guitar smile.gif But it takes all kinds i guess. Bugatti caters to the same market but just in Autos. smile.gif Folks with way too much money smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 22 2014, 11:02 AM) *
Man, what you couldn't buy for that money instead! I'm not sure I'd even dare to play that one if it cost that much.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 22 2014, 05:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 22 2014, 05:29 PM) *
I know right? You could equip a pretty spiff home studio for the cost of that guitar smile.gif But it takes all kinds i guess. Bugatti caters to the same market but just in Autos. smile.gif Folks with way too much money smile.gif

Todd

People who buy a guitar for 18k can probably afford a guitar for 18k, so yeah, it's for people with too much money, and I guess there's somewhat of a market for it then, though of course they'll probably not need to sell many of these.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2014, 08:42 PM
Good point smile.gif If he sells half a dozen a year he's doing just fine smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 22 2014, 11:44 AM) *
People who buy a guitar for 18k can probably afford a guitar for 18k, so yeah, it's for people with too much money, and I guess there's somewhat of a market for it then, though of course they'll probably not need to sell many of these.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:59 AM