Laptop Mounted On Pedal Board?
Todd Simpson
Sep 1 2019, 12:23 PM
GMC:er
This guy is using his macbook and BIAS on his pedal board. It seems a bit much in that you could just use bias on a tablet, or even on a phone and use a very small interface like the hotone JOGG or similar unit from ORANGE. Both are half width pedals that let you use guitar apps on your tablet/phone on your pedal board. I started doing this years ago as you guys probably rememer. I still have cell phones on my pedal board smile.gif I have not mounted my laptop to it though!!! Whaddya think?
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 1 2019, 04:50 PM
It looks more like a neural dsp software rather than bias (?)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 1 2019, 06:17 PM
My bad, it does look like neural dsp. Maybe that's why he has to use the laptop I don't know if they have mobile apps for those. One could always use a kemper and take a profile of the neural plugin and that power amp in to a cab. But that would of course require a kemper.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 1 2019, 11:50 AM) *
It looks more like a neural dsp software rather than bias (?)

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 9 2019, 10:40 AM
Learning Rock Star
When I was starting a band some years ago (which never amounted to anything) I actually ran BIAS through my laptop and FCB1010.

Attached Image

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 9 2019, 08:15 PM
Now that the latency can be handled by a decent laptop, I do think we are going to start seeing more laptops and or tablets doing signal processing for live bands. You were ahead of your time smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 9 2019, 05:40 AM) *
When I was starting a band some years ago (which never amounted to anything) I actually ran BIAS through my laptop and FCB1010.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 10 2019, 02:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 9 2019, 09:15 PM) *
Now that the latency can be handled by a decent laptop, I do think we are going to start seeing more laptops and or tablets doing signal processing for live bands. You were ahead of your time smile.gif

Latency was never an issue, but the drummer complained the sound from his electronic kit wasn't loud enough, as that was running through my laptop as well (superior drummer 2). He didn't have an amp for his kit, so we actually played "silent practice" with headphones, but as said, the sound wasn't all that loud.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2019, 06:20 AM
Thats actually really cool smile.gif Running the drummer and guitar through the laptop and using headhones. That way nobody has to go deaf and the neighbors can't call the cops!! I used to have band practice in my garage and the cops came out weekly. We got a lot of noise complaints.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 10 2019, 09:25 AM) *
Latency was never an issue, but the drummer complained the sound from his electronic kit wasn't loud enough, as that was running through my laptop as well (superior drummer 2). He didn't have an amp for his kit, so we actually played "silent practice" with headphones, but as said, the sound wasn't all that loud.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 11 2019, 07:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 11 2019, 07:20 AM) *
Thats actually really cool smile.gif Running the drummer and guitar through the laptop and using headhones. That way nobody has to go deaf and the neighbors can't call the cops!! I used to have band practice in my garage and the cops came out weekly. We got a lot of noise complaints.

I actually saw the silent practice years and years ago:

Here's another example:

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 11 2019, 07:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2019, 04:52 AM
I wish I'd have gone that route. Several bands I played with always seemed to be a volume war. I actually blew a guitar cab trying to hear my lead one time. smile.gif
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 11 2019, 02:11 AM) *
I actually saw the silent practice years and years ago:

Here's another example:

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 12 2019, 08:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 12 2019, 05:52 AM) *
I wish I'd have gone that route. Several bands I played with always seemed to be a volume war. I actually blew a guitar cab trying to hear my lead one time. smile.gif

It's pretty nice, yeah. I could even have a similar setup here in my music room, though the space would be a bit crammed. Could possibly have a drummer, a bass player and me here though if we really wanted to. I'm not looking for anyone at the moment though. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 17 2019, 04:01 PM
I've not incorporated a Laptop into my Pedal Board but I did use a Digitech iPB-10 for a while which uses an iPad and an App for the sounds.
It was not bad but I was always worrying about things getting spilled on the iPad at Gigs!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 18 2019, 06:10 PM
Always a concern to be sure. One beer spill could cause issues, then again, a good beer spill can cause all kinds of problems.
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 17 2019, 11:01 AM) *
I've not incorporated a Laptop into my Pedal Board but I did use a Digitech iPB-10 for a while which uses an iPad and an App for the sounds.
It was not bad but I was always worrying about things getting spilled on the iPad at Gigs!!!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 19 2019, 01:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 18 2019, 07:10 PM) *
Always a concern to be sure. One beer spill could cause issues, then again, a good beer spill can cause all kinds of problems.

Wouldn't that be the case with pedals as well? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 20 2019, 01:24 AM
My point exactly.

Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 19 2019, 08:32 AM) *

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 20 2019, 01:57 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 19 2019, 12:32 PM) *

Surface gaps where water can enter is much lesser on a pedals, so they probably have a better chance surviving.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:39 AM