2 Pages V   1 2 >  
The Nintendo Wii, And of course, problems
Ayen
Aug 27 2007, 01:22 PM
GMC:er
I just came back from a weeks vacation, and brought back a Wii that was essentially a birthday gift. The Wii Sports game disc is mildly scratched as it is now, but nothing deep and/or serious. Every time I try and start it up, it gives me an error either requiring me to power down my Wii and try again later, or call nintendo support. It's late now so I'm calling tomorrow morning, has anyone else had any problems with the Wii?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ayen: Aug 27 2007, 03:07 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Layzer
Aug 27 2007, 01:27 PM
yeah same....just wii sports tho

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 27 2007, 01:39 PM
It gave you that damned Eject and Turn off error?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 27 2007, 05:10 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
The kids sometimes get that they can't turn the Wii off other than pulling the power cord in the back.

+Quote Post
Pentatonic Gathe...
Aug 27 2007, 06:45 PM
I dont have a single problem with it or Wii sports.
I got mine on the waiting list as they went on presale, so maybe its one of the later batches of consoles???

--------------------
-Gabriel De Rose

Guitars:
(This one is my dad´s but I play it just as much, just love it) -Gibson Les Paul 1957 Custom Delux Sun Burst (Beautifull!!!!!!)
-Fender Stratocaster 1964 Anniversary (Exactly like my display picture)
-Ibanez Acoustic Nylon Strings (This thing is older thank I am and has such a mature sound, its amazing)

My Amp & Pedal Board
-Fender 65R Frontman & Boss GT-8

Thats all folks!

+Quote Post
Chris
Aug 27 2007, 07:13 PM
You say you got it on vacation? Europe > America holiday? If so there may be something wrong with it....wrong voltage? , wrong game region?
But I havent had problems with my wii....only when i bought resident evil in america...brought it back and tried to play in UK...and then found out it didnt work....

--------------------
Never Stop Rockin'

Axes : PRS SE Singlecut, Fender Squire Stratocaster, Epiphone SG
Amp : Marshall MG Series 30DFX
Pedals : Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95, Behringer OD100

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 28 2007, 01:37 AM
Do the problems come when you turn on your wii or try to play wii sports? If it's the latter, have you tried playing another game, and does that work?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 28 2007, 01:41 AM
I have no problems turning the Wii on, or making a Mii or anything, only when I put in Wii Sports do I get the problem. Once my dad comes home I'm going to go get Zelda Twilight Princess.

You say you got it on vacation? Europe > America holiday? If so there may be something wrong with it....wrong voltage? , wrong game region?
But I havent had problems with my wii....only when i bought resident evil in america...brought it back and tried to play in UK...and then found out it didnt work....

I was in New Hampshire, I never left the US.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Aug 28 2007, 02:54 AM
QUOTE (Pentatonic Gathering @ Aug 27 2007, 05:45 PM) *
I dont have a single problem with it or Wii sports.
I got mine on the waiting list as they went on presale, so maybe its one of the later batches of consoles???

I got mine in July. No problems.

Working my way through Sonic and the Secret Rings before I pick up anything else.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 28 2007, 05:45 AM
Bah, I've called Nintendo, they're sending a new one from Syracuse that should be here in a few days. I'll send mine back once I receive theirs. At least their customer service seems to care about you, which is more than I can say about other Gaming companies.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 28 2007, 07:06 AM
btw, UPS came to pick up my XBOX 360 today. It's on it's way to Germany for repairing.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 29 2007, 01:53 AM
MickeM: Ouch, red lights of doom I presume?

Ayen: I envy you for being able to play Twilight Princess for the first time, I'd pay a lot to be able to do it again, definetly my favourite game! (Yes, it even beats Ocarina of Time! laugh.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 29 2007, 02:13 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 27 2007, 10:06 PM) *
btw, UPS came to pick up my XBOX 360 today. It's on it's way to Germany for repairing.

That sucks I had to send mine to Texas from New york for it to get repaired. I had that stupid 3 red lights stuff. And now its back and its funny to see my friends xboxs break and I get to see them go through what I went through smile.gif

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 29 2007, 04:40 AM
Ayen: I envy you for being able to play Twilight Princess for the first time, I'd pay a lot to be able to do it again, definetly my favourite game! (Yes, it even beats Ocarina of Time! )

So far I haven't been able to play yet, my (busted) Wii still won't read any discs. All I can do now is wait for the new Wii to come. I can stare at the disc though.

This post has been edited by Ayen: Aug 29 2007, 03:06 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 29 2007, 05:50 AM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Aug 29 2007, 02:53 AM) *
MickeM: Ouch, red lights of doom I presume?

Yes... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 31 2007, 03:05 AM
My Wii came today, and I finally got to play Twilight Princess. So far it's pretty good, feels just like playing Final Fantasy again with a story I don't know.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 31 2007, 03:24 AM
QUOTE (Ayen @ Aug 30 2007, 06:05 PM) *
My Wii came today, and I finally got to play Twilight Princess. So far it's pretty good, feels just like playing Final Fantasy again with a story I don't know.

I just beat BioShock, probably my favorite game in awhile smile.gif

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 31 2007, 05:12 AM
I played the demo the other night. I couldn't really do much in terms of gameplay, as my computer is kind of lacking in the "Good Parts" department, but Rapture as a concept is amazing.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ScottieDog
Aug 31 2007, 05:18 AM
Am I on the correct web site???????

+Quote Post
stratman33
Aug 31 2007, 05:28 AM
no problems with my wii or 360...btw any of u guys ever play oblivion?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:54 PM