2 Pages V   1 2 >  
French Guitar Contest, Open worldwide
thefireball
Feb 18 2012, 05:08 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC community! I'd like to take the opportunity to announce a guitar contest I found out about. They have killer prizes!!

THE FRENCH GUITAR CONTEST
All details and rules can be found at the link above. Here are the prizes!

1st Prize
LÂG IMPERATOR 500 + Croco case Deluxefrom ALGAM

2nd Prize
Torpedo LIVE FROM TWO NOTES ENGENEERING

3rd Prize
FOUR EFFECT PEDALS from BEN ROD

4th Prize
High-end In-ears from EARSONICS

5th - 10th Prizes
a CD "Guitar addiction" A tribute to modern guitar

Special Voting Prize
A NOS'BOX Custom PreamP + A SET oF 2 HANDMADE HUMBUCKERS

For every winner
GUITAR PRO 6 LICENSE

I'm entering. How about you?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 18 2012, 11:12 AM
Instructor
Wow, great contest & prizes, this is something worthy of attempts. Tune your guitars guys, and good luck smile.gif ! Thanks for sharing wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 18 2012, 12:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Nice, downloaded the BT. I will surely enter this contest smile.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
FrontlineGuitar
Feb 18 2012, 12:45 PM
GMC:er
Wow, definitely gonna be entering this one!

Good luck to everyone smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 18 2012, 06:05 PM
Instructor
Those are great prizes and the backing is amazing!! I'll try to record something over it! Thanks for sharing! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
FrontlineGuitar
Feb 18 2012, 06:21 PM
Hey I just noticed David Wallimann entered! You can see his entry on the site along with Neogeofanatic, a pretty popular youtube guitarist.. I am gonna really try on this contest!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 18 2012, 11:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (FrontlineGuitar @ Feb 18 2012, 02:21 PM) *
Hey I just noticed David Wallimann entered! You can see his entry on the site along with Neogeofanatic, a pretty popular youtube guitarist.. I am gonna really try on this contest!! biggrin.gif

Definitely mate! This type of competitions are always a great way to promote yourself as a player in the web.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 18 2012, 11:49 PM
Learning Roadie
I've looked several times and I cannot find David Walliman's take. sad.gif What page?

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 19 2012, 02:57 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Brandon,

Here it is smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 19 2012, 04:25 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (quadrium @ Feb 18 2012, 07:57 PM) *
Hey Brandon,

Here it is smile.gif

Thanks. Did anybody see it on the website as well?

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 19 2012, 10:55 PM
Learning Roadie
*bump* anybody else interested? i don't want you to miss it if you are....there are some amazing players here!!

+Quote Post
AdamB
Feb 20 2012, 06:54 PM
Yea I'm interested,

I've never entered one before so I thought I might try,

I tried doing one take but I'm not happy with it at all. I might upload my takes to youtube as unlisted videos for you to take a look at for feedback, but I think I need to start over from scratch with it if I want to enter seriously. Taking a look through the other peoples videos is scary stuff though, they're so ridiculously good compared to my slop! Will upload my first try when I get home and post a link to the unlisted video on here! If nothing else it'd be nice just to get some feedback on my first attempt!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2012, 08:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Feb 19 2012, 06:55 PM) *
*bump* anybody else interested? i don't want you to miss it if you are....there are some amazing players here!!

yeah! GMC must be there showing how many cool player are here! smile.gif
I'm working on my take! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
FrontlineGuitar
Feb 21 2012, 12:03 AM
Same I've pretty much worked out mine at last.. Now to get a decent take of it without messing up laugh.gif Damn camera makes me nervous tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2012, 12:45 AM
Great looking contest! Thanks for sharing!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 21 2012, 05:56 AM
Learning Roadie
Glad to share it with the GMC community!! tongue.gif It'd be so cool to see a student or instructor win this competition! Or what if all the winners were from GMC!! ohmy.gif smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
AdamB
Feb 21 2012, 12:26 PM
That david walliams one is pretty killer.

That's my first attempt. It's not done yet, I made like 8 mistakes in that video, and there's bits I don't like. Like the slide I do on the Low E, that could do with being a pick slide really. And I messed up a bend, and some of the legato's not clean enough. And the worst part is the switch from distorted lead to clean lead that happens when it switches to C, it's jarring and horrible.

Any advice/feedback is appreciated!

Hopefully I'll get another one done in the next few days and I'll post that! If I get one that's good enough I'll enter and see what happens!

+Quote Post
zoom
Feb 21 2012, 01:22 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (AdamB @ Feb 21 2012, 12:26 PM) *
That david walliams one is pretty killer.

That's my first attempt. It's not done yet, I made like 8 mistakes in that video, and there's bits I don't like. Like the slide I do on the Low E, that could do with being a pick slide really. And I messed up a bend, and some of the legato's not clean enough. And the worst part is the switch from distorted lead to clean lead that happens when it switches to C, it's jarring and horrible.

Any advice/feedback is appreciated!

Hopefully I'll get another one done in the next few days and I'll post that! If I get one that's good enough I'll enter and see what happens!

Up to the the bend around 1:00 I was pretty much blown away man great stuff. But I felt the 2nd half didn't take it any where and I zoned out.
I liked the first minute better than David Wallmans.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 21 2012, 03:52 PM
Learning Roadie
This great, guys. We can post our stuff here and get our takes perfected! smile.gif

+Quote Post
AdamB
Feb 22 2012, 01:51 PM
Up to the the bend around 1:00 I was pretty much blown away man great stuff. But I felt the 2nd half didn't take it any where and I zoned out.
I liked the first minute better than David Wallmans.

Cheers dude, yea I think you're right and I'm gonna try some new ideas with the later half of it. I'm keeping the first half, just trying to clean the sound up a bit I think with a couple of adjustments to it here and there Gonna see if I can perfect it over the week and will do another take by the weekend and post it up on here!

Anyone else got takes to share?

-Adam

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:31 AM