2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Rate My Tapping, Please comment
Victafor
Aug 27 2007, 02:24 AM
GMC:er
I have been practicing some tapping! this is Part of Pavel's metal soloing lesson. ive been playing for 5-6 months now! I messed up on the trill part once tho lol! even tho i hardly ever do but w.e! anyways here is the link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5663tcloQjw

remember only rate the tapping, the trill section i just for a buildup! Thanx smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Victafor: Aug 27 2007, 04:45 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Victafor
Aug 27 2007, 04:45 AM
I am going to be posting me playing the whole lesson! THis recording was in one try cause i had to go my parents were yelling at me -.- thats why there is a screw up in the beginning! But i will post myself doing the whole thing! very difficult lesson

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 27 2007, 07:15 AM
its getting there.. try cleaning it up a bit and working more on timing. i think your timing is a little off on some sections but other than that its very good.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Victafor
Aug 27 2007, 08:14 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Aug 27 2007, 07:15 AM) *
its getting there.. try cleaning it up a bit and working more on timing. i think your timing is a little off on some sections but other than that its very good.

thanks, like i said, i only had time for 1 recording... i can ussually get it pretty clean and good timing

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 27 2007, 08:25 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Aug 27 2007, 01:15 AM) *

why are you lying to him Smikey? It does them no good. Tell them the truth. You certainly can learn to pay well, anybody can with work. But that was bloody awful. Noise pollution. Slow down and work on your timing. Play with a metronome as Pavel told you, but also learn to play with timing without a metronome as Marcus would tell you. Or otherwise just do what you are doing and hope that people keep worrying about hurting your feelings and not telling you how awful it was.

This is what is wrong with the American Public school system, nobody wants to tell people when they are doing something awful, they always feel a need to put a positive spin on it, to be SENSITIVE. Crap.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 27 2007, 08:27 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I thought it was a good job for a first and only pass under parental pressure. If you could do more takes then yes clean up the sound a bit but nonetheless good job for a one take.

Cheers,
Tony

Oh and of course one take - good for being able to do it live tongue.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 27 2007, 08:33 AM
It was a very short video of your tapping so it's hard to judge sad.gif From what i heard to be completly honest on a scale from o being worst and 10 being best on the planet tongue.gif i would give you a 4 smile.gif .Ofcourse you know you have much work ahead of you.I've been playing for 11 years and have much work ahead of me.Your on a very good path though and if you continue the way you are now,you will be pulling off some insame playing in the next few years.Just remember to practice right and learnthe stuff thats going to make you improve not just be an ok guitarist.

Thanks for posting dude,look forward to hearing more biggrin.gif
Attached Image

This post has been edited by shredmandan: Aug 27 2007, 08:34 AM

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 27 2007, 08:44 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 27 2007, 01:25 AM) *
why are you lying to him Smikey? It does them no good. Tell them the truth. You certainly can learn to pay well, anybody can with work. But that was bloody awful. Noise pollution. Slow down and work on your timing. Play with a metronome as Pavel told you, but also learn to play with timing without a metronome as Marcus would tell you. Or otherwise just do what you are doing and hope that people keep worrying about hurting your feelings and not telling you how awful it was.

This is what is wrong with the American Public school system, nobody wants to tell people when they are doing something awful, they always feel a need to put a positive spin on it, to be SENSITIVE. Crap.

*SIGH* I work as a University lecturer - my job isn't teaching/lecturing undergrads but rather to supervise and viva PhD candidates. Sorry fkalich but I've heard all of this from people both within and without the education system many times. Too often 'honesty' or 'playing devil's advocate' is little more than someone mouthing off and point scoring because they have some 'beef' about an unrelated issue or are targeting someone else. Too often I've seen a student bullied/harassed and so who then gives up because someone decides to have a go. Too often the person who has a go does so from a position of safety. They rarely put themselves in the firing line.

This is a guitar forum so why you decide to have a pop at the education system, well I really don't know BUT I personally don't find it appropriate. Now to some extent I'm doing the same here to you but personally I feel after many years doing my job that positive reinforcement has a very serious place to play. I can give you a full pedagogic run down on that but it isn't appropriate here is it?

Now I personally feel that allowing for context that Vic here did a damned fine job. Yes there are things to work on BUT there is a big difference between constructive critique and being negative. I like and value your posts the vast majority of the times. You nearly always have an informed and interesting take on things, albeit not necessarily ones that I totally agree with (but hey that makes for debate biggrin.gif ). I don't however like and can't abide a flat out negative post on someone who is asking for comment, help and support.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 27 2007, 08:59 AM
Vic
apologies for my rant on your thread - I'm tired and have had a particularly bad day.
Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 27 2007, 09:01 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 27 2007, 03:59 AM) *
Vic
apologies for my rant on your thread - I'm tired and have had a particularly bad day.
Cheers,
Tony

The builders again ???

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 27 2007, 09:04 AM
No - worse Andrew - funeral coming up - just got told this weekend.
(Sorry - not a good bit on the forum for this).

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 27 2007, 09:08 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 27 2007, 04:04 AM) *
No - worse Andrew - funeral coming up - just got told this weekend.
(Sorry - not a good bit on the forum for this).

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry to hear that Tony ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 27 2007, 09:11 AM
TY Andrew - but continue - if at all - on a different thread?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Victafor
Aug 27 2007, 09:18 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 27 2007, 08:33 AM) *
It was a very short video of your tapping so it's hard to judge sad.gif From what i heard to be completly honest on a scale from o being worst and 10 being best on the planet tongue.gif i would give you a 4 smile.gif .Ofcourse you know you have much work ahead of you.I've been playing for 11 years and have much work ahead of me.Your on a very good path though and if you continue the way you are now,you will be pulling off some insame playing in the next few years.Just remember to practice right and learnthe stuff thats going to make you improve not just be an ok guitarist.

Thanks for posting dude,look forward to hearing more
Attached Image

well thank you for being honest! I have not been able to tap this fast for more than a week so that would also explain a little of the dirty playing! Like when i was first able to play 16th notes at 150 bpm i had no control for the first 2 weeks or so. But soon i got cleaner! i am practicing daily and i hope to post the full lesson soon! i luv the sound of it smile.gif

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 27 2007, 08:59 AM) *
Vic
Cheers,
Tony

its ok

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 27 2007, 08:27 AM) *
I thought it was a good job for a first and only pass under parental pressure. If you could do more takes then yes clean up the sound a bit but nonetheless good job for a one take.

Cheers,
Tony

Oh and of course one take - good for being able to do it live tongue.gif

haha yes but i generally get worse when i play live cause my fingers start shaking and i get soo nervous ha tongue.gif

QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 27 2007, 08:25 AM) *

thank you for being honest i will certianly work on it

QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 27 2007, 08:33 AM) *

Thanks for posting dude,look forward to hearing more biggrin.gif
Attached Image

thank you for the encouragement! nice pic lol

This post has been edited by Victafor: Aug 27 2007, 09:20 AM

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 27 2007, 09:20 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 27 2007, 02:44 AM) *
*SIGH* I work as a University lecturer - my job isn't teaching/lecturing undergrads but rather to supervise and viva PhD candidates. Sorry fkalich but I've heard all of this from people both within and without the education system many times. Too often 'honesty' or 'playing devil's advocate' is little more than someone mouthing off and point scoring because they have some 'beef' about an unrelated issue or are targeting someone else. Too often I've seen a student bullied/harassed and so who then gives up because someone decides to have a go. Too often the person who has a go does so from a position of safety. They rarely put themselves in the firing line.

This is a guitar forum so why you decide to have a pop at the education system, well I really don't know BUT I personally don't find it appropriate. Now to some extent I'm doing the same here to you but personally I feel after many years doing my job that positive reinforcement has a very serious place to play. I can give you a full pedagogic run down on that but it isn't appropriate here is it?

Now I personally feel that allowing for context that Vic here did a damned fine job. Yes there are things to work on BUT there is a big difference between constructive critique and being negative. I like and value your posts the vast majority of the times. You nearly always have an informed and interesting take on things, albeit not necessarily ones that I totally agree with (but hey that makes for debate biggrin.gif ). I don't however like and can't abide a flat out negative post on someone who is asking for comment, help and support.

YOU DO THEM NO GOOD by lowering the bar for them. You are NOT doing them a favor, what is the thing, you afraid that if you tell them the truth, they won't like you? I could care less if he likes me, I told him the truth. I have the truth on my side.
Cheers,
Tony

Good explanation of why the US now ranks 17th in the world in Engineers produced per capita, and used to be ranked 3rd. When I went back to graduate school in Computer Science, I was a minority student, American in a program with Asian students. I taught the course designed to weed them out for a year, Discrete Math. And have seen what the American public school system is producing.

Trouble with Americans, is so may of you think you are real hot, no matter what you do. When you face international competition, you have nowhere to go be into denial.

The tapping was awful. I stand by my statement. No points for anything. An F. Go back and do better.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Aug 27 2007, 09:23 AM

+Quote Post
Victafor
Aug 27 2007, 09:24 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 27 2007, 09:20 AM) *
Good explanation of why the US now ranks 17th in the world in Engineers produced per capita, and used to be ranked 3rd. When I went back to graduate school in Computer Science, I was a minority student, American in a program with Asian students. I taught the course designed to weed them out for a year, Discrete Math. And have seen what the American public school system is producing.

Trouble with Americans, is so may of you think you are real hot, no matter what you do. When you face international competition, you have nowhere to go be into denial.

The tapping was awful. I stand by my statement. No points for anything. An F. Go back and do better.

unsure.gif ok lol im just its all good ill keep practicing

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 27 2007, 09:25 AM
QUOTE (Victafor @ Aug 27 2007, 03:24 AM) *
unsure.gif ok lol im just its all good ill keep practicing

I figured you could take it Vic. I figure you can do it, I don't doubt that, but I am not going to lower the bar for you, does not help you.

I respect you for your response to hard criticism. That is being tough.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 27 2007, 09:28 AM
Fkalich,

You are entitled to your opinion, and we are in no doubt what that is.

However, the posting guidelines clearly call for constructive criticism, not out and out negativity. Your first post was barely the former, this last was definatley the latter.

Please provide Vic with some constructive feedback, you owe him that after your comments.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Victafor
Aug 27 2007, 09:31 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 27 2007, 09:28 AM) *
Fkalich,

You are entitled to your opinion, and we are in no doubt what that is.

However, the posting guidelines clearly call for constructive criticism, not out and out negativity. Your first post was barely the former, this last was definatley the latter.

Please provide Vic with some constructive feedback, you owe him that after your comments.

thank you for standing up for me... but when somebody tells me something like that, that could put lots of ppl down, it just makes me wanna try harder! This is something i definitely will do!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 27 2007, 09:34 AM
QUOTE (Victafor @ Aug 27 2007, 04:31 AM) *
thank you for standing up for me... but when somebody tells me something like that, that could put lots of ppl down, it just makes me wanna try harder! This is something i definitely will do!

Good for you Vic, but it was still rude.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:59 AM