Buying Clothes...
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2011, 10:49 PM
Instructor
hey guys! I just came back from buying some clothes for the next shows and I was wondering if you guys like and take the time to buy clothes or if you hate it and you just buy the first thing that appears... which are your favourite brands?

Maybe the most feminine thread ever at GMC???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 23 2011, 10:54 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
And maybe the most manly answer ever at GMC.
My wife buys my clothes! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 23 2011, 11:28 PM
Learning Roadie
My mom is getting me some clothes to wear at Walmart. smile.gif Just got me some navy blue t-shirts.

I am starting my new job at Walmart Monday morning. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Giacinto
Sep 24 2011, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
cmon thats not feminine at all, you sure got to look good on stage! the question is, do you wear the same clothing you wear freetime also when your on a gig? I do not like to spend too much on clothing, but also I dont like to buy low quality cheap stuff just to save some euros. So I dont have particular brands or sth. like that, but I guess finding good outlets saves you a lot of money, I am always impressed that you can get brand like armani in certain outlets in italy for around 30-50 € whereas you spend here in germany like 130-180. clearly, thats out of my range tho, but I dig italian way of "serious" clothing. adding to that I love colorful tshirts, often some sports/skating brand manage to create some neat stuff.. hope this didn't sound too girlish, but you wanted an opinion, heh? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Sep 24 2011, 01:18 AM
Shirts are typically band shirts.
Pants I usually wear Tripp pants which tend to be baggy I would like to consider them raver pants maybe?
Shoes, I hate shoe shopping its the hardest thing for me to find a pair that looks good and fits since I need to wear wide shoes. But overall I enjoy going shopping.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 24 2011, 02:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Giacinto @ Sep 23 2011, 08:01 PM) *
cmon thats not feminine at all, you sure got to look good on stage! the question is, do you wear the same clothing you wear freetime also when your on a gig? I do not like to spend too much on clothing, but also I dont like to buy low quality cheap stuff just to save some euros. So I dont have particular brands or sth. like that, but I guess finding good outlets saves you a lot of money, I am always impressed that you can get brand like armani in certain outlets in italy for around 30-50 € whereas you spend here in germany like 130-180. clearly, thats out of my range tho, but I dig italian way of "serious" clothing. adding to that I love colorful tshirts, often some sports/skating brand manage to create some neat stuff.. hope this didn't sound too girlish, but you wanted an opinion, heh? biggrin.gif

haha yeah man. That's why I posted this after buying some clothes. I think that the image is important on stage and we are having lots of shows with my band so I have to buy clothes very often.. I wanted to know what about you... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 24 2011, 02:20 AM
Instructor
naaa it's not feminine at all i think, after all you get the chicks if you look good wink.gif

i just grab a shirt, jeans and go!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 24 2011, 03:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 23 2011, 10:20 PM) *
after all you get the chicks if you look good wink.gif

definitely! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 24 2011, 07:41 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
haha, the most feminine thread was about shaving your body, I gues...ogh wait, that was a chat discussion, strated by a weird german guy.
Anyway, I love buying clothes...especially cool T-Shirts (Ben and Todd, you know what I'm talking about). Since I always wear a suit and tie for work, I also shop for great shirts and ties now and then.
Don't forget about clothing as a motivational factor! My goal is to lose a somewhat big amount of weight until next spring, and I already bookmarked some really nice spring and summer clothes at an online shop that I am going to get when I reach the weight I aim for.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 24 2011, 07:47 AM
Grandma homemade 666 teddy bear t-shirts \m/

we have a huge family with alot of cousins tongue.gif so clothes just jump from them to me, from me to my brothers etcetc.
but i also, buy some new ones and i don't have any favorite brands tongue.gif, as long as i enjoy myself wearing it, it's fine for me

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 24 2011, 09:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 23 2011, 10:49 PM) *
Maybe the most feminine thread ever at GMC???

Nah, the most feminine thing we could discuss is manicuring our nails or something... tongue.gif

As soon as I can afford it guys it's gonna be..

a WHITE SUIT !! You know it !! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

If I have any money left.. a Hawaiian shirt to complete the look !

You know it's gonna happen.

+Quote Post
superize
Sep 24 2011, 09:37 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I really hate buying clothes. I cant go out on the town and look and try clothes i get bored right away. I order my clothes from a catalouge instead

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 24 2011, 09:58 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 24 2011, 10:30 AM) *
Nah, the most feminine thing we could discuss is manicuring our nails or something... tongue.gif

As soon as I can afford it guys it's gonna be..

a WHITE SUIT !! You know it !! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

If I have any money left.. a Hawaiian shirt to complete the look !

You know it's gonna happen.

This is gonna be so epic! laugh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 24 2011, 11:34 AM
Instructor
It's awesome for me to go and buy some new clothes, I feel good when buying, and wearing something freshly bought. I like when I choose something nice (sometimes I choose something wrong too smile.gif )

Unfortunately there aren't too many good brands, urban or rock brands here. I like Pull&Bear and Jack&Jones the most, but that's what we have here, nothing more, and I always bought Zara and J&J jeans, the sizes fit. T-Shirts are always cheap in those brands, like 9-10e, so I can bought a couple, you can't have too little T-Shirts smile.gif

I think image is important on stage and off stage as well. For big gigs and important shows it's important to buy something extra special, that you wouldn't wear on the street, but it's sometimes cool to get and wear something completely wacky as a street wear too.

I'm going to Italy in couple of weeks so hope to catch some cool deals there on outlet village shops cool.gif

It's a bit of a girly topic I think because women are so much better at shopping, they can spot cool things faster and better smile.gif I'm not that great at spotting cool things, so my girl or (in the past) girlfriends always followed me as "support". Bringin woman along can be risky, bringing two or more women with you in shopping can be dangerous, we would will have to wait and walk a lot more for them hehe biggrin.gif

PS I like websites from famous brands, these sites are among the best on the web in terms of quality and design! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Sep 24 2011, 11:34 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 24 2011, 04:18 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 24 2011, 04:34 AM) *
It's a bit of a girly topic I think because women are so much better at shopping, they can spot cool things faster and better smile.gif I'm not that great at spotting cool things, so my girl or (in the past) girlfriends always followed me as "support". Bringin woman along can be risky, bringing two or more women with you in shopping can be dangerous, we would will have to wait and walk a lot more for them hehe biggrin.gif

We all depend on my Mom to help us with our clothes. biggrin.gif She is the only girl of the house of me, my Dad, and 13 year old brother. My Dad will come in there with a couple of ties with his suit, "Which matches better?" I come to her at times with an outfit and asks, "Does this match?" hahaha And my Mom helps my little brother make sure he looks good for special events as well. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Sep 24 2011, 08:45 PM
I guess i'm a bit metro-sexual. If it's not the hair, it's the clothes. Warning: this lifestyle choice involves getting hit on a lot by both sides of the fence.

I prefer wearing known quality brands, but this isn't necessary, I find what looks best and a good price too. I'm not really a sucker just for brands or treads.

Pure coloured clothes over faded is a major, you look 20x better if your red shirt isn't turning pinkish. Colours also play a part, what matchs the rest of my clothes, even eyes, blue tends to suit me mostly.

Fit, well most guys are lazy as and will wear whatever or oversized, finding the perfect fit takes ages. The most dramatic improvement you can make in your style is to make sure everything fits impeccably.

If it’s one thing that women will notice, it’s your shoes, the most overlooked for a guy.

Favourite brands are Nike and Quiksilver.

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 24 2011, 10:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 23 2011, 11:54 PM) *
And maybe the most manly answer ever at GMC.
My wife buys my clothes! cool.gif

+1 on that !!! I just don't know to buying clothes for myself ! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2011, 06:00 AM
Instructor
Great post guys!! I'm starting to enjoy buying clothes, mainly buying special clothes for the live shows... we also have some sponsors that give us t-shirts to play but not for every show.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 25 2011, 01:48 PM
Instructor
I usually wear a tight t shirt or black shirt, jeans and converse shoes smile.gif I go shopping pretty rarely, just because I seldom find suitable clothes for my taste. I like simple things that can stay as fit as possible on my body and it seems that the fashion industry is going in the EXACT opposite direction...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 25 2011, 08:25 PM
Instructor
Not really sure, I noticed tight jeans and shirts are pretty "in" right now, compared to last couple of years or so. Several years ago there was 1-2 models of tight fit jeans, and now you can find a whole line filled with nothing else than various combos of "tightness" biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:14 PM