24 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Gas. What Next?
Mertay
Feb 18 2016, 06:04 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 18 2016, 04:46 PM) *
I do have a line on a great Luthier up here. The guy that has had a Fender shop up here for at least 40 yrs has a brother who owns a violin shop next door and he is a highly reputable Luthier. He has told me he could do the scallop job and refret to super jumbos if I decided to go that route. smile.gif

PS: I went and had the Strat setup the other day at my local music store. Normaly I would do it myself but I have been busy. I was surprised to see that the bill was only $34! smile.gif

Cool, its always nice to know a good luthier. I also do setups myself but at some point and some reason its very handy to know someone you can trust smile.gif

Wouldn't hurt to ask price for the re-fret and scalloping, if its not too far expensive to buying a new scalloped neck though I'd probably choose the new neck.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 18 2016, 06:16 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 18 2016, 08:04 AM) *
Cool, its always nice to know a good luthier. I also do setups myself but at some point and some reason its very handy to know someone you can trust smile.gif

Wouldn't hurt to ask price for the re-fret and scalloping, if its not too far expensive to buying a new scalloped neck though I'd probably choose the new neck.

I saved probably $800 buy buying the used 07 over the new Yngwie. I figure I got plenty of extra money to modify. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 18 2016, 06:21 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 18 2016, 05:16 PM) *
I saved probably $800 buy buying the used 07 over the new Yngwie. I figure I got plenty of extra money to modify. smile.gif

ehhe cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 19 2016, 09:25 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
The interface thread is building HERE
smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 26 2016, 06:24 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey everyone,

I went by my local music store again today to see if my TS-808 had arrived. It wasn't in yet but I was urged to plug into that Orange Rockerverb MK III I have been looking at since there were no music lessons on thursdays and I could crank the amp up if I wanted. smile.gif
Since I didn't have my own guitar with me the guys there set me up with Strat copy that was decent to play on.
I was impressed from the get go. What a beautiful sounding amp that thing is from the crystal clear sparkling and chimey cleans to a maxed out gain setting on the dirty channel that is punchy and chunky as hell, this head into a 4X12 with Celestian vintage 30's just sounded friggin great!
So refreshing to plug into a high quality tube amp for a change. I still want to try my own guitar into it and play with it a bit more but I gotta say as of now I am one step closer to pulling the trigger on this bad boy.
After I get back from a 3 day weekend snowmachine trip I am going to head back in there with my Ibanez and Strat to give her another run and try to make up my mind whether or not I want to lay down the serious coin needed to get that baby. cool.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 27 2016, 01:55 AM
Wampler makes an Orange pedal.
http://wamplerpedals.com/product/catapulp/
Probably $1000.00 cheaper.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 27 2016, 06:41 AM
True! But it's still just a pedal and not an amp, but it really is a great pedal smile.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 26 2016, 07:55 PM) *

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 27 2016, 07:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 27 2016, 08:58 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 26 2016, 03:55 PM) *

Double that at least after you throw in the 4x12 cab ohmy.gif Also considering a 2x12 combo version though. Wampler eh? Can't say I have heard of them but that doesn't mean anything.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 26 2016, 09:50 PM) *

That is a pretty versatile sounding little pedal there.

I see Orange has a few pedals of their own, and I wonder if I can find any of these pedals up here (The Wampler or The Oxford) to try out. You guys are making me want to experiment with the pedals again and add to my collection. rolleyes.gif
https://orangeamps.com/products/fx-pedals/

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 1 2016, 08:05 PM
Earlier on in this thread, you may want to look at THIS, there are three video demos in that link page smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 2 2016, 02:35 AM
The orange has a great tone going for it. Like most tube amps it bunches up in the bass/low freq under high gain. Orange released a parametric eq pedal of their own at once point to allow you to make use of all that gain without it turning in to moosh.

some folks used the EMPRESS parametric eq to great impact with the orange. Or really any parametric that will let you dip out some of the low mid problem range would work!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 1 2016, 02:05 PM) *
Earlier on in this thread, you may want to look at THIS, there are three video demos in that link page smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 2 2016, 01:27 PM
Thanks Todd,

What exactly does parametric meant in EQ terms?

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 2 2016, 08:12 PM
Always felt brands that make amps usually design pedals that can be limited to sounding good with their amps but a risk for others...

Parametric is highly adjustable, like we use with computer (plug-ins) while graphic is fixed (like a boss eq pedal or MESA markV eq).

Parametric makes more sense to me if one wants to change the core-tone of a guitar (inserted before the amp) but to some this might be confusing, you really have to know what you want specially if you have some fx going on.

Usually cause they're affordable, grapic eq's are used but I haven't met anyone who's happy with what they do to a guitar tone. They are better for fx send of an amp though, to balance the overall tone instead of core-tone. They're easier to use too as there is only 1 slider instead of knobs.

I'm not very fond of eq's as a guitar player while obsessed as a sound engineer. Always felt as a guitar player its better to use the right gear instead of being able to tweak the wrong one.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Mar 2 2016, 08:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 2 2016, 08:51 PM
Thanks Mertay,

Being a hi-fi fan I struggle with eq altogether laugh.gif laugh.gif It's a BIG NO NO NO on audiophile equipment tongue.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 2 2016, 10:27 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 2 2016, 07:51 PM) *
Thanks Mertay,

Being a hi-fi fan I struggle with eq altogether laugh.gif laugh.gif It's a BIG NO NO NO on audiophile equipment tongue.gif

Cheers

Phil

Thats actually very understandable, on a well produced album (with real music... smile.gif ) the mastering engineers already do their best so the playback system can perform its best.

A use is though if the room isn't treated (and usually isn't smile.gif ), it might help some issues in the room to be compansated. Like, very small rooms aren't good for hearing sub freq.s or if the speakers are too wide and far away adding some highs could be useful but this operation needs someone objective cause we all get used to our rooms sound in time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 3 2016, 08:10 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 2 2016, 09:27 PM) *
A use is though if the room isn't treated (and usually isn't smile.gif ), it might help some issues in the room to be compansated. Like, very small rooms aren't good for hearing sub freq.s or if the speakers are too wide and far away adding some highs could be useful but this operation needs someone objective cause we all get used to our rooms sound in time.

Yeah, that's the big dilemma, you can't actually change what's on the disc and when you turn a bass or treble knob on a hi-fi amp (if it has one) it seems to change a whole lot more than the frequencies you're expecting it to.

I'd rather setup a system tailored to the room as much as possible than buy random components and then distort the signal with tone controls but it's not always possible.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 4 2016, 03:15 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey everyone.

Well I went and did it. I pulled the trigger on a new Orange 50 watt Rockerverb MK III 2X12 combo. Good thing I did it today too because the gal at the music store got on the phone right away to order one and found that the distributor in Georgia only had one left. blink.gif
I also ordered a cover for it and while I was at the store and picked up a 2 switch footswitch for channel switching and to engage or disengage the attenuator. The reverb is also switchable but I figured I could do without that, at least for now.
I also picked up the Orange pre eq (Bax Bangeetar) for good measure. Now all that is left to do is wait. Orange says they will get it shipped out tomorrow so I should be seeing her in a couple weeks. biggrin.gif Needless to say, my wallet is a bit on the lighter side today. rolleyes.gif Oh well, that's GAS for ya!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 4 2016, 08:00 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 4 2016, 02:15 AM) *
Now all that is left to do is wait. Orange says they will get it shipped out tomorrow so I should be seeing her in a couple weeks. biggrin.gif Needless to say, my wallet is a bit on the lighter side today. rolleyes.gif Oh well, that's GAS for ya!

biggrin.gif

I'm sure it will be worth the wait, let us know when it arrives smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 4 2016, 08:18 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 4 2016, 02:15 AM) *
Needless to say, my wallet is a bit on the lighter side today. rolleyes.gif Oh well, that's GAS for ya!

Tell me about it laugh.gif

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it in a few weeks when you've got to know that little beast. I love Orange amps, I always thought of them as a bit of a one trick pony but I don't think they are nowadays. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

Enjoy experimenting with it smile.gif

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 4 2016, 08:18 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2016, 11:47 AM
Congrats!!! It's a small world smile.gif That Georgia ORANGE AMP distributor is the same place I took those pix a while back and where I borrowed the JIM root head for that vid I did on it. The guy that runs the place is very cool and works with wads of great artists from all over the world and custom builds rigs for tons of bands. Those are killer amps and will last forever. Congrats on getting one of the last new ones left!

P.S. PIX AND RECORDINGS!!!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 3 2016, 09:15 PM) *
Hey everyone.

Well I went and did it. I pulled the trigger on a new Orange 50 watt Rockerverb MK III 2X12 combo. Good thing I did it today too because the gal at the music store got on the phone right away to order one and found that the distributor in Georgia only had one left. blink.gif
I also ordered a cover for it and while I was at the store and picked up a 2 switch footswitch for channel switching and to engage or disengage the attenuator. The reverb is also switchable but I figured I could do without that, at least for now.
I also picked up the Orange pre eq (Bax Bangeetar) for good measure. Now all that is left to do is wait. Orange says they will get it shipped out tomorrow so I should be seeing her in a couple weeks. biggrin.gif Needless to say, my wallet is a bit on the lighter side today. rolleyes.gif Oh well, that's GAS for ya!

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:54 AM