Pedal Problem Help, Carl Martin Classic Chorus
ItsMe
Oct 15 2009, 11:28 AM
GMC:er
Hi there. Got a question for the gearheads on guitarmasterclass.
My pedal chain looks like this

Korg Pitchblack--.Fulltone OCD--MXR Distortion III--old EHX Qtron plus (in a loop switched by a little Lehle to get a true bypass)---Trex Reptile Delay--Trex Tonebug Reverb--BBE Boosta Grande---Amp

I don't have any hum or background noise with this chain and all the pedals are true bypass. The pedals are all powerd by one powerplant. Now I got a chorus form Carl Martin. It has some Carl Martin patented bypass switch which might be some kind of buffered switch. Anyway when I put this thing after the Qtron I get tons of hum but only when the OD pedals are off and the qtron is off. When I engage another pedal in front of the CM chorus the hum is gone. If I put it after the Trex Reptile I can switch of the Qtron or the OD pedals and I get humfree clean chorus if I engage the Reptile but again if the only pedal that is on is the chorus, I get tons of hum. The only way I don get too much hum in clean mode, means all pedals except the chorus are off, is when I put the chorus at the end of the chain after the Reverb and the boost. Sounds still pretty good but I'd rather have the chorus before the reverb. Anyway, is there something else I can do, all the patch cables I use are high end, or is the bypass circuit of the chorus not suitable for this chain.

Loved to get some advice from you guys

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Oct 15 2009, 11:38 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:16 AM