Proud To Be A Canadian Today., Currency talk
Smikey2006
Sep 21 2007, 04:32 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys just because the rest of the world may be unaware i am here posting that officially yesterday the Canadian Dollar matched the US dollar which means no more undermining the canadian dollar smile.gif apparently its actually hurting our economy but it means i get to go shopping in the US for guitar stuff and actually end up paying less smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chast
Sep 21 2007, 04:49 AM
Learning Roadie
€ for teh win tongue.gif
We have a really good course at the moment. But shopping (online) in the USA isnt good for me, because the shipping costs etc wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by chast: Sep 21 2007, 04:49 AM

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 21 2007, 04:57 AM
Instructor
US $ is TOOOOO LOOOOOOOW!!!!! sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Sep 21 2007, 05:44 AM
haha, yeah the US dollar is going to ****, because the Feds keep borrowing money and just printing more money to pay off debts. if we weren't wasting millions of dollars every day in Iraq... but, that's another story.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 21 2007, 06:32 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
lol....Looney.....

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 21 2007, 10:48 AM
Ive always wanted to move somewhere in Canada.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 21 2007, 04:55 PM
Lets go fishing!
Smikey, this seems a big thing to Canadians so i say congratulations ! wink.gif I hope you dont spend ALL your money on guitars tongue.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Sep 21 2007, 08:32 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Sep 21 2007, 12:32 AM) *
Hey guys just because the rest of the world may be unaware i am here posting that officially yesterday the Canadian Dollar matched the US dollar which means no more undermining the canadian dollar smile.gif apparently its actually hurting our economy but it means i get to go shopping in the US for guitar stuff and actually end up paying less smile.gif

It's great for importing but REALLY bad for exporting.

It is a proud moment however the companies in Canada have to come on board and adjust prices to compare with the US or else they risk losing a lot of business. But before all us Canucks go hog wild and spend oodles of money on big ticket items.... just an FYI....make sure you check out policies on cars, boats etc as most big companies won't honor warranties if vehicles are being exported to Canada or even sell. Big names like Toyota, GM, Volkswagon have agreements in place for this very thing. So do your homework.

On another note it works out well for our sports teams too as almost all operating costs are in USD. Hopefully now that they aren't losing so much money on the exchange they can be a bit more competitve when aquiring players. With NHL season 8 days away this could prove to be interesting....GO SENS GO! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I've also been on a few guitar sites and my Ibanez shopping is heating up smile.gif

This post has been edited by rokchik: Sep 21 2007, 08:33 PM

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Oct 8 2007, 09:30 AM
Bring the Jets back to the Peg!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 9 2007, 01:24 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (ActiveX @ Oct 8 2007, 05:30 AM) *
Bring the Jets back to the Peg!

I agree 100% man.....I'd even go as far as saying bring the Nordique back too. More Canadian teams the better in my opinion.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 9 2007, 02:12 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Sep 21 2007, 02:32 PM) *
It's great for importing but REALLY bad for exporting.

It is a proud moment however the companies in Canada have to come on board and adjust prices to compare with the US or else they risk losing a lot of business. But before all us Canucks go hog wild and spend oodles of money on big ticket items.... just an FYI....make sure you check out policies on cars, boats etc as most big companies won't honor warranties if vehicles are being exported to Canada or even sell. Big names like Toyota, GM, Volkswagon have agreements in place for this very thing. So do your homework.

On another note it works out well for our sports teams too as almost all operating costs are in USD. Hopefully now that they aren't losing so much money on the exchange they can be a bit more competitve when aquiring players. With NHL season 8 days away this could prove to be interesting....GO SENS GO! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I've also been on a few guitar sites and my Ibanez shopping is heating up smile.gif

Correct. Good new for US, bad for Canada.

Weak Canadian dollar ---> falling exports to US and rising imports from US --> Unemployment for Canada and economic plus for US

All caused by Iraq, as the guy above said, so let me rephrase that....

Iraq --> Weak Canadian dollar ---> falling exports to US rising imports from US --> Unemployment for Canada and economic plus for US --> Dopey Americans moving to Canada

sounds good to me.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 9 2007, 03:00 AM
Yet our unemployment rate is the lowest its been since 1973.. even i have a job ohmy.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:05 AM