Reaper 4.0 Released
dark dude
Aug 4 2011, 01:00 PM
GMC:er
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/index.php

"REAPER updates are evolutionary, not revolutionary. REAPER 4 is not a radically new experience from REAPER 3, but adds a number of useful new features, ease of use improvements, and even more of that legendary REAPER customizability.
Tweak, correct, and mangle audio with pitch envelopes, which can be applied to individual media items.

Create fully automated surround mixes with multichannel track metering and the highly flexible ReaSurround plug-in. Apply rotations, transformations, and diffusions, and even automate the positions of the speakers themselves.
Batch rendering wildcards provide sound designers with unprecedented flexibility when generating sound files in bulk.

Manage project media and FX with the Project Bay, where you can collect, organize, and edit a list of resources that you are using, or might use, for different types of projects.

More Customizable
Arrange REAPER's windows and toolbars in multiple dockers, redefine your mouse behavior with mouse modifiers, and use the new WALTER layout template engine to create flexible custom layouts for track/transport/mixer GUI elements.

Ease of Use
We've added dozens of small improvements to help speed your REAPER workflow.

Take comping is more predictable, with takes remaining aligned by recording pass, even after splitting and deleting errors.

Previewing and inserting media is easier, because you can highlight, loop, and insert subsections of media files.

Switch between different MIDI clips more easily in the MIDI editor. Pool MIDI items so that editing one item edits all pooled copies. Define scales and chords for quickly painting runs and arpeggios."

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 4 2011, 01:36 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Cool, thanlks for the update smile.gif

I guess I'll try it though I only use (and I'm happy) with like 1% of what previous reaper had to offer!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 6 2011, 03:22 AM
Learning Roadie
I just updated my old Reaper, and I am blown away by how it appears! Cool!!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 6 2011, 03:38 AM
Instructor
NICE! will check it out later on smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 6 2011, 03:40 AM
GMC:er
I LOVE REAPER! smile.gif Mostly because it's FREE to download and it's CROSS PLATFORM! So when I'm working with fellow GMCers on a Collab Project, we can just swap project files via the web. Which is very handy.

Don't get me wrong, Reaper isn't everything to everyone nor everything I'd like to have in a DAW. For that I'll use Apple Logic, and other folks will use Duende, Pro Tools, etc. What is lame about the other choices is just two things. Price and Compatibility. When working along on a song, those two factors don't matter and I'll use Apple Logic (IMHO even before Pro Tools), but when collaborating, it's just hard to beat REAPER. Also, TONS of plugins are available for FREE!

So in short, if you have not taken the plunge, FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD DO IT! smile.gif Download a copy and install it. It's pretty small considering, and it's awesome. Don't forget to change the default samples to the lowest number your rig can handle or you will have dreaded "Latency".

Great Post Dark! Thanks!

Todd

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 8 2011, 04:34 PM
Tone Seeker
The new color theme is sooooo ugly (imo) so I changed it back the way it's in reaper 3.xx. Much better now wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:52 PM