Izotope Ozone 5
PosterBoy
Feb 25 2017, 11:46 AM
Learning Roadie
How hungry is this plug in?

I'm running a I7 3770K 3.5Ghz with 16Gb ram and it causes that digital noise that usually means it needs more resources

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 25 2017, 12:48 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 25 2017, 10:46 AM) *
How hungry is this plug in?

I'm running a I7 3770K 3.5Ghz with 16Gb ram and it causes that digital noise that usually means it needs more resources

Depends on the internal settings, higher quality crossovers+eq can be very cpu intensive. But keep in mind those high settings are for mastering where one 1 instance of ozone is needed.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 25 2017, 12:50 PM
Learning Roadie
I tend to just use a preset on my master channel when tracking just to make me sound prettier than I am dry. I don't delve too deep into the settings but will after I have done a mix down.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 25 2017, 01:07 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Check the cpu meter in your DAW. That will tell you if you are indeed maxing out the cpu. If so, since Ozone is used for mastering, you can simply raise your audio buffer size to reduce the cpu load.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 25 2017, 01:21 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 25 2017, 11:50 AM) *
I tend to just use a preset on my master channel when tracking just to make me sound prettier than I am dry. I don't delve too deep into the settings but will after I have done a mix down.

Thats cool, my only advice is to prefer subtle presets inside the ozone.

For example say the preset has reverb and it caused a problem in the middle of the mix, if you disable that then you'll most likely start the mixing process from the begining.

Most professionals (usually producers though there are engineers too ofcourse) usually use subtle setuped analog flavored eq with barely noticable SSL or manley type compressor (usually not for the compression but the subtle vibe or analog coloration).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 25 2017, 02:00 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Also, be careful about using Ozone when tracking. With certain settings it can introduce significant latency, which can screw up your timing when recording. For that reason I never use it when tracking.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 25 2017, 06:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Good tips there.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 25 2017, 08:35 PM
Good tips indeed! The plugin often needs to be checked right away to see that it isn't redlining on input or output. Once that is sorted, check your sample rate that your interface and daw are set at. The higher, the more resources everything will need. E.g. recording @ 196khz etc. instead of the default of 44.1/48k, can really tax a given rig. some folks like to work at high res until they bounce for final export. The trouble there is that the final export to mp3 gets rid of all the benefit of working at really high resolutions. sad.gif Folks still do it though as it sounds great during tracking/mixing.

I'd agree that tracking with ozone is not a great idea as it colors things so much. I'd always save it for after and it's best imho on the master bus. Using it on several tracks and the master bus, can result in "OVER OZONE" syndrome where you mix has all the mids sucked out of it and gets really compressed.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 25 2017, 01:36 PM) *
Good tips there.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:44 PM