3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Fake Gear
Owen
Nov 12 2007, 05:22 AM
GMC:er
-Edit -

Posts are doubling up for some reason. =/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Owen: Nov 12 2007, 05:29 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
axelsson
Nov 12 2007, 05:35 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 12 2007, 04:20 AM) *
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=8461

He was refering to an earlier topic by someone else with the piracy statement.

He's also just stating his own case here, but I think you should calm down a bit, this can be a debate but we shouldnt let it turn to an argument. smile.gif

Of sourse mate, I'm calm as a summer breeze. cool.gif It's just that I felt a little offended after bringin up something I thought was funny and then getting such a reply..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 12 2007, 05:39 AM
I've read that some of those JEM fakes don't even have a truss rod.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 12 2007, 05:47 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (axelsson @ Nov 12 2007, 04:35 AM) *
Of sourse mate, I'm calm as a summer breeze. cool.gif It's just that I felt a little offended after bringin up something I thought was funny and then getting such a reply..

Thanks for posting this mate, i'm having fun browsing the ridiculous prices...

I'd like to bring up this product....
http://www.dhgate.com/productdetail_402880...176cfc_k_c.html

Scroll down the pictures and check out the tremelo "Ibanez" engraved.....

hmmm

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 12 2007, 05:53 AM
Wrong link? I just see one picture of a guitar with botched pickups. tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 12 2007, 05:54 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 11 2007, 11:53 PM) *
Wrong link? I just see one picture of a guitar with botched pickups. tongue.gif

Worked for me - I saw the supposed Ibanez Tremelo.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
axelsson
Nov 12 2007, 05:56 AM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Nov 12 2007, 05:47 AM) *
Thanks for posting this mate, i'm having fun browsing the ridiculous prices...

I'd like to bring up this product....
http://www.dhgate.com/productdetail_402880...176cfc_k_c.html

Scroll down the pictures and check out the tremelo "Ibanez" engraved.....
hmmm

Great! smile.gif That was the purpose

+Quote Post
bricktop
Nov 12 2007, 05:57 AM
Yeah, you really have to be careful on ebay for fake gibson and epiphone les pauls for instance, there are so many that your better off buying one locally, that's how bad it's become...

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 12 2007, 06:02 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 12 2007, 04:54 AM) *
Worked for me - I saw the supposed Ibanez Tremelo.

Ah, I see it now.

I have no idea what is up with my internet tonight. unsure.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 12 2007, 06:24 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Amazing that someone selling this stuff has the audacity to put in a line that we can trust him dry.gif . Yeah sure.

Paint finish around the pickups looks sloppy, the nut is crooked and the tuners don't look in line to me and what is the stuff pretending to be rosewood on the finger board laugh.gif - that's just a quick look.

As Bricktop says there are a lot of fakes on the net and also to add that if you buy from a reputable dealer if you need warranty work/repairs/servicing you know where to find them.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 12 2007, 07:00 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 11 2007, 11:24 PM) *
Amazing that someone selling this stuff has the audacity to put in a line that we can trust him dry.gif . Yeah sure.

Paint finish around the pickups looks sloppy, the nut is crooked and the tuners don't look in line to me and what is the stuff pretending to be rosewood on the finger board laugh.gif - that's just a quick look.

As Bricktop says there are a lot of fakes on the net and also to add that if you buy from a reputable dealer if you need warranty work/repairs/servicing you know where to find them.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey, with endorsements like this...

"My name is Jimmy and I am from USA......you have so much products and services..."

how can you doubt them?

Actually Jimmy's grammar is better than what I have generally seen in the past. These sites are getting slicker and slicker.

Gibson is very good about verifying serial numbers. You can just call them. I doubt that the sweat shop manufacturing conditions allow them to duplicate by serial number and by color as well. They have to deal with more pressing issues, loss of limbs by employees, bribery of local officials, stuff like that. Also, it is hard to train your child labor well enough to get that kind of quality control, kids tend to not pay attention.

Sorry I did not see the humor in this kind of stuff. Sometimes it just blows by me.

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 12 2007, 07:20 AM
The same generally applies when you buy something, lets just say a pair of jeans, from Wal-Mart (asda), Tesco or GAP these days. I suppose at least with these guitars you know where they're coming from, retail stores dont even put a label on items of clothing made in sweat shops for fear that you might inquire too much into where they originated.

Its a crooked business, but we live in ignorance, best thing we can do as individuals is to boycott a product like this all together, but whilst there is cheaper products they will generally always sell.

This post has been edited by Owen: Nov 12 2007, 07:21 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
lefty01
Nov 12 2007, 07:41 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Nov 11 2007, 09:54 PM) *
Man,I thought it's SX cause they have copied every single shape
but these guys are using even stolen logos,thumb up biggrin.gif and lock them up laugh.gif

"SX" is not doing anything diferent than 100 other guitar producers have done too. Remember in the 70"s when Ibanez lost a lawsuit to stop making there version of the Les Paul? sad.gif

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 12 2007, 08:06 AM
Just wanted to say YES these Ibanez Jem copies look very good in picture right?But that stil doesnt even mean thats the guitar they ship.I sale on Ebay and i know not to ever buy a guitar from oversea's especially CHINA,to be honest i wont buy anything from china.They have made several scams like Gibson Les Pauls ect ect and the shipping price is always more than the guitar price.I also can tell you these guitars are built like a fisher price toy laugh.gif .They look good in pic but have so many flaws,like not even real wood faulty parts just complete garbage.They are about the sam quality as a cheap Harmony guitar at best,and i still even think that harmony may be nicer.

Just make sure to not let pics persuade you to buy cause trust me i've seen alot of this and i know its garbage,just think about how cheap everything else you get from China is laugh.gif

Also wanted to say that Ebay is still a good place to buy guitars you just have to have some smarts.If the price is insane its a fake and if the shipping is more than the buy it now price its a fake.Also dont by from China

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 12 2007, 09:06 AM
Instructor
I got few cool items from Ebay as well,not guitars tho.
If it's instrument,I would like to try it first. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 12 2007, 09:12 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Nov 12 2007, 03:06 AM) *
I got few cool items from Ebay as well,not guitars tho.
If it's instrument,I would like to try it first. wink.gif

Same here
I've bought and sold over 300+ items on Ebay.Almost everything i bought was guitar related like pedals,parts ect,but i also have never bought a guitar on Ebay .I have sold atleast 5 though with great feedback.Its really important just to know how to buy on Ebay,like looking at there feedback ,location, prices ect.I would buy a guitar on Ebay but i would just use alot of care and research first

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 12 2007, 09:32 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 12 2007, 12:20 AM) *
The same generally applies when you buy something, lets just say a pair of jeans, from Wal-Mart (asda), Tesco or GAP these days. I suppose at least with these guitars you know where they're coming from, retail stores dont even put a label on items of clothing made in sweat shops for fear that you might inquire too much into where they originated.

Its a crooked business, but we live in ignorance, best thing we can do as individuals is to boycott a product like this all together, but whilst there is cheaper products they will generally always sell.

thanks for helping out here Owen. i don't mean me, but for being a good solid thread sanity influence. you help to keep us who are more on the fringe in bounds.

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Nov 12 2007, 04:00 PM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 12 2007, 08:12 AM) *
Same here
I've bought and sold over 300+ items on Ebay.Almost everything i bought was guitar related like pedals,parts ect,but i also have never bought a guitar on Ebay .I have sold atleast 5 though with great feedback.Its really important just to know how to buy on Ebay,like looking at there feedback ,location, prices ect.I would buy a guitar on Ebay but i would just use alot of care and research first

I bought my Martin D-15 from America, and it is great! I talked alot to the seller prior to buying it. Also this happens to be the best guitar I have ever played and I will never part with it. It is nearly 10 years old and it plays like a dreamboat.

I also buy alot of guitar related items, but I too will not buy from Asia. I have bought 3 guitars from Ebay in Australia, the third is on its way.. a classical guitar this time smile.gif thanks to all the great classical and flamenco lessons we have now, I had no choice but to get one biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 12 2007, 04:17 PM
Hahaha http://www.dhgate.com/productdetail_ff8080...lic29u_c22.html

Thats one fine looking Gibson.

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Nov 12 2007, 04:37 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 12 2007, 07:17 AM) *

It's kinda funny how they emphasize with the pics it's a Fender Strat! LOL!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:24 AM