Peavey Bandit 112 Setting?, To play metal
Tanke
Jul 16 2007, 02:09 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys, I´d like to know if anyone of you has a Bandit 112 and uses it to play metal (I guess someone does).

I´m just a little disaster and I just can´t reach the 80´s metal sound, I know it´s not only the amplifier the responsible for it, but I use a Fender Stratocaster Iron Maiden Signature, a Peavey Vandenberg and a Epiphone black&white ltd edition flying v to play, so the pickups are quite heavy in every case so it´s time to adjust the amplifier.

Anyone would tell me the settings used to play heavy metal from the 80´s, for example Judas Priest with the bandit?

Thanks cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Sircraigery
Jul 25 2007, 02:56 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Tanke @ Jul 16 2007, 02:09 PM) *
Hi guys, I´d like to know if anyone of you has a Bandit 112 and uses it to play metal (I guess someone does).

I´m just a little disaster and I just can´t reach the 80´s metal sound, I know it´s not only the amplifier the responsible for it, but I use a Fender Stratocaster Iron Maiden Signature, a Peavey Vandenberg and a Epiphone black&white ltd edition flying v to play, so the pickups are quite heavy in every case so it´s time to adjust the amplifier.

Anyone would tell me the settings used to play heavy metal from the 80´s, for example Judas Priest with the bandit?

Thanks cool.gif

Try this:
Bass: 8
Mid: 4
Treble:6
Dist: 6

That should give a pretty good 80's sound.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:47 AM