Wanna Buy A New Guitar
kebsis
Dec 10 2007, 05:50 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys. I don't have much time so I'll be quick... I'm gonna buy this guitar

http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/ECII-VTBEMG.htm

I'm getting a great deal on it at $1200. I played it and love the feel, look and sound, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with ESP standards and how well they hold up over time. Thanks everyone!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kebsis: Dec 10 2007, 05:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 10 2007, 05:55 PM
Instructor
No experience with that ESP m8 sad.gif I only played KH-2 Kirk Hammet signature ESP. I am not a fan of LP-like shapes but this one looks cool. If you like it go ahead and buy it because ESP is a quality brand and you can't go wrong with a guitar of that brand and price tag.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 10 2007, 06:00 PM
Lets go fishing!
Thats a high quality guitar there and looks great too IMO ! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 10 2007, 06:01 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 10 2007, 11:55 AM) *
No experience with that ESP m8 sad.gif I only played KH-2 Kirk Hammet signature ESP. I am not a fan of LP-like shapes but this one looks cool. If you like it go ahead and buy it because ESP is a quality brand and you can't go wrong with a guitar of that brand and price tag.

Pavel is right. I own an ESP. The one Pavel actually mentioned, the Kirk Hammett model, not the exact one though mine is the KH-602. If you like it then get it man, like Pavel said, you can't go wrong with a quality brand guitar.

This post has been edited by Unleash-The-Shred: Dec 10 2007, 09:56 PM

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Dec 10 2007, 06:10 PM
If you like it buy it I say! laugh.gif Did you look around online for reviews to help you make your decision, you should be able to find info on how it holds up over time, but being an ESP im pretty sure it would.

Try this maybe.
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...ard+Series/10/1

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 10 2007, 06:14 PM
Learning Tone Master
Harmony Central is always a good place to look for a review. I have played the same ESP guitar once in a Music Store and I really liked it! Very good for heavy stuff thanks to the wood and the emg humbuckers.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
kebsis
Dec 10 2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks guys. I got the guitar today. It's the first true ESP I own, although I have two LTDs (a Viper-400 and an EX-400BD). I love this companies products.

+Quote Post
buckjones
Dec 10 2007, 10:33 PM
Congrats! Glad to hear you got it biggrin.gif

ESP builds some fantastic guitars!!!

--------------------
See profile for gear...

Tim Mahoney makes my day.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 10 2007, 10:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations man on a new instrument and a great one also! wink.gif Enjoy playing it.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 10 2007, 10:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kebsis @ Dec 10 2007, 06:50 PM) *
Hi guys. I don't have much time so I'll be quick... I'm gonna buy this guitar

http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/ECII-VTBEMG.htm

I'm getting a great deal on it at $1200. I played it and love the feel, look and sound, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with ESP standards and how well they hold up over time. Thanks everyone!

I've got an LTD EC-1000 and so far I have been very pleased with it, though I personally think it doesn't even compare to a Gibson Les Paul smile.gif But that ESP is a good buy, definitely

-Toni

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
kebsis
Dec 10 2007, 11:16 PM
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Dec 10 2007, 10:44 PM) *
I've got an LTD EC-1000 and so far I have been very pleased with it, though I personally think it doesn't even compare to a Gibson Les Paul smile.gif But that ESP is a good buy, definitely

-Toni

That's cool. Personally I prefer the Viper to the SG (Viper is sort of ESPs SG). A friend of mine has a nice SG that sounds really great but I like the crunch that the EMGs give ya from the Viper. I've never had much experience with a Gibson Les Paul though.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 11 2007, 12:04 AM
Instructor
Great guitar. Buy it now. Only the pickups are worht about 200$ so its a steal. COngrats smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Dec 11 2007, 02:31 AM
The ESP Eclipse is a great guitar and will be for a very long time. Enjoy it alot!!!

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:19 PM