2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Anyone Interested In A Nes Guitar Lesson Series?
Dinaga
Feb 9 2012, 09:45 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (derper @ Feb 9 2012, 08:37 PM) *
Alright everyone!! I've got the "guitar-less" tracks now!! Although, they are rehearsal tracks so there is a little bit of guitar bleeding into the other mics, but it really is good enough to get started on these lessons!!

Also.... it's ok for me to start a little "student lesson" series here on GMC, right? Just want to make sure it wouldn't be breaking a forum rule or anything.

I'm thinking of starting with our "Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest" medley, which includes the "Town Theme"-->"The Woods Theme"---->"Evil Night Theme".

This youtube video shows the original tunes, which goes in the same order as our EMULATOR medley (ends at to 2:10), just to get a feel for the original.

I'll start a new thread for the actual lesson, but still link it here. The first section, in my opinion, is the most difficult. The second (Dinaga's favorite!!) I believe will be done as a "collab" style, in which you are all welcome to help me write a new solo for that piece!! (Although, Dinaga.... I would need some help on mixing the final collab, if you are willing to do so!!) So far, I've really just hit an "improv" solo over the changes, as demo'd in the EMULATOR castlevania vid.

I'll provide tab in the lesson, and some tips in the video as well. Since I'm not an instructor, I won't be able to do the lesson with the little "sections" of video to breakdown each part, but I'll still provide a similar style of instruction with 1 video showing the whole runtrhough, then videos breaking down each part.

By the end of the 3 sections, we/you will be able to play through all 3 songs along with the EMULATOR backing track!!

This is gonna be fun!! I'll try to get on it today/this week, but I must admit that I have quite a few musical obligations over the next few weeks (gigs, gigs, giggity!! tongue.gif ) so I can't fully guarantee that I'll complete this full series before the end of february.

Ready to ROCK..... EMUATOR-style?!!! mad.gif

Awesome mate! biggrin.gif

Just to check if I understood you right, we'll play solos over the 2nd part (Bloody Tears music), and record video takes of our solos for the collab part after you post the backing guitarless track? Also, for the sake of the lesson, when I compose my solo I can also do a Guitar Pro tab of the solo for you, it will be no problem wink.gif

And yes, I'd love to do the mixing on the "collab" part! smile.gif
I hope I got this right. If so, I'll be waiting for the backing track and we can continue wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
derper
Feb 9 2012, 10:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks so much Ivan!! It means a lot to me, coming from you!!

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 9 2012, 12:21 PM) *
That is awesome man, I really like what you did there, shared it on FB too. It's amazing how some of the arrangements are done, awesome.

Yeah, pretty much the "lesson" will (eventually) go over the guitar arrangement for ALL of the parts, but will break it down section my section (the 3 different "songs"). The second "song" is the one that contains room for a guitar solo section, and will ultimately be the "collab" section. That's especially where I would need help on putting together that final "collab" (whether audio only, or with vid!!) because I'm a recording/editing IDIOT!! dry.gif

Ultimately, the WHOLE thing (all 3 parts) could be the "collab". The only reason I consider the second section to be more "collab friendly", is because it contains the section for a solo. The first section also has a keys solo, but the guitar arrangement plays rhythm/chords over the keys solo....which I want to teach as well.

Either way, whether we end up with a full 3-section collab, or just over that middle section, I'll end up doing lessons on all 3..... and it's gonna be FUN anyway we do it!! I think ideally we should open it up as a "full collab" over all 3 sections, and let people submit whatever they want!!

QUOTE (Dinaga @ Feb 9 2012, 12:45 PM) *
Awesome mate! biggrin.gif

Just to check if I understood you right, we'll play solos over the 2nd part (Bloody Tears music), and record video takes of our solos for the collab part after you post the backing guitarless track? Also, for the sake of the lesson, when I compose my solo I can also do a Guitar Pro tab of the solo for you, it will be no problem wink.gif

And yes, I'd love to do the mixing on the "collab" part! smile.gif
I hope I got this right. If so, I'll be waiting for the backing track and we can continue wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:14 PM