How Do I Get Krises Tone?
vampire18
May 1 2009, 08:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
in the video in the main page of gmc kris plays hes solo and the part where he does the fast ap near the end of the solo he has a very unique sounds before every note. thise little like pm souuns at the start of everynote. i dont know how to discribe it exactly but this really cool aping sound and i saw him having the same sound in some of his other videos. any idea how achieves it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Kristofer Dahl
May 1 2009, 08:13 PM
GMC Founder
I think that what you are hearing might be some slight palm muting. I did that because string skipping with alternate picking can be a little tricky to get clean!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
vampire18
May 1 2009, 08:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
its very cool. its sounds absolutely awsome and i havent been able to do this at home. but you almost always have that tone when you play. maybe the volume isnt high enugh cause when i even slightly pm the high strings they go dead. do you use a lot of attack maybe? you play with the pick very straight with low angle?

This post has been edited by vampire18: May 1 2009, 08:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 1 2009, 08:54 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (vampire18 @ May 1 2009, 09:18 PM) *
its very cool. its sounds absolutely awsome and i havent been able to do this at home. but you almost always have that tone when you play. maybe the volume isnt high enugh cause when i even slightly pm the high strings they go dead. do you use a lot of attack maybe? you play with the pick very straight with low angle?

hehe thanks Vampire!
Yes I do try to get some attack - both with the pick ( I find this easiest with four or two note per string stuff - as is the case for this lick) and with the left hand fingers. And yes the pm is very very light - since I have quite some distortion I can get away with it.

>>you play with the pick very straight with low angle?
Yes I think so!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
May 1 2009, 08:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 1 2009, 09:54 PM) *
...... since I have quite some distortion I can get away with it.

The first thing I thought when I saw the topic title: Distortion! 11 on distortion!

--------------------

+Quote Post
vampire18
May 1 2009, 09:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
yeah. maybe my fender frontman with my squire isn't the distorting machine i would have liked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
May 1 2009, 10:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (vampire18 @ May 1 2009, 10:51 PM) *
yeah. maybe my fender frontman with my squire isn't the distorting machine i would have liked.

Ah.. I had a Squire myself.. Definetly not a lot of overdrive to collect from those pickups tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:07 PM