1996, first time
jstcrsn
Nov 22 2012, 03:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
I was rummaging around and found this, My band recorded this in 1996 . These were the days when you would actually leave your house and pay somebody to record your songs.
We could only afford 3 eight hour sessions at third shift ( 11 pm - 7am)and you can sort off tell
we never new why the tech did certain things, come to find out he had never recorded anything else other than country and I think he thought since we were rockers that we liked to listen to it loud, cause it was really loud when we were mixing ( so if you can crank it you can get abetter feel for what we heard ) if you listen to it on a computers speakers - things get a little lost.
Over all we had a great time and when listening I thought I used to be pretty good ( what happened dry.gif )
so , hope you like it

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 23 2012, 10:10 AM
Instructor
Man that was quite cool, like the riffs and overall groove. I hope you didn't pay too much for the mixing though !!

And no guitar solo ????

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 23 2012, 02:39 PM
GMC:er
Whaaaat Ben, u expect guitar solo in Grunge era? laugh.gif

"A Demon, A Lawyer, a God, a Keeeper of his Cause..."

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Nov 23 2012, 02:43 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 23 2012, 06:17 PM
Instructor
It's not soooooooo bad... I had a similar experience with my first power metal band and the result was much worse!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 23 2012, 07:53 PM
Tone Seeker
Guy in the vocals had a great voice. And the song's not bad !!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 24 2012, 01:33 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 23 2012, 10:10 AM) *
Man that was quite cool, like the riffs and overall groove. I hope you didn't pay too much for the mixing though !!

And no guitar solo ????

we had 24 hours 2 record eight songs (and a picky drummer)

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Nov 23 2012, 02:39 PM) *
Whaaaat Ben, u expect guitar solo in Grunge era? laugh.gif

"A Demon, A Lawyer, a God, a Keeeper of his Cause..."

yep, you are exactly right , no one wanted to hear solo's then mad.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 24 2012, 10:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 24 2012, 12:33 AM) *
we had 24 hours 2 record eight songs (and a picky drummer)

Wow, that is a tight schedule !!

I once did 8 songs including mixing/mastering with the band in 3 days. In the end, we had rushed back to the engineer's house and were doing a frantic master on his computer at something like 2am and everybody was struggling to stay awake for the 160 mile drive home !! tongue.gif

Never again. But I learned a lot about what NOT to do so the experience was worth it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 24 2012, 11:45 AM
BTW cool song Cursin, vocalist reminds me on Danzig a bit

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2012, 04:17 AM
Maybe put it up on soundcloud? Mac folks dont have a player for .WMA files natively. Always a good idea to use a soundcloud embed so it can be played right in the post. It willl even work on phones that way.

Todd

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 22 2012, 09:22 AM) *
I was rummaging around and found this, My band recorded this in 1996 . These were the days when you would actually leave your house and pay somebody to record your songs.
We could only afford 3 eight hour sessions at third shift ( 11 pm - 7am)and you can sort off tell
we never new why the tech did certain things, come to find out he had never recorded anything else other than country and I think he thought since we were rockers that we liked to listen to it loud, cause it was really loud when we were mixing ( so if you can crank it you can get abetter feel for what we heard ) if you listen to it on a computers speakers - things get a little lost.
Over all we had a great time and when listening I thought I used to be pretty good ( what happened dry.gif )
so , hope you like it

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:16 AM