Relative Time Feeling, a mater of relativity theory
fzalfa
Sep 12 2015, 10:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi here

since some days i works on Todd schred lesson.

i work all with the metronome at good spees, and i have noticed something, nothing new but a interresting physiologic phenomenae

during the exercices, the beat is ok, i'm on, but when i stop the exercice, the metronome seem to accelerate ,it's not about twice fast , but it's realy noticable to my ears, it's about to be at 100 and to suddently go to 120 bpm

is this the same for you ?

some study about human time perception have notice this in urgency case, brain accelerate to be more reactiv and to permit a better decision timing.

i'm a bit surprised this can happend when playing guitar

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Sep 12 2015, 10:35 AM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 12 2015, 01:09 PM
Learning Roadie
This is specific to me ??? i dont think....

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 12 2015, 04:16 PM
GMC:er
It is common in many people that when they are extremely focused, time seems to slow down.
We call it being "in the zone".

Athletes talk about it all the time. Soldiers too. People recalling an accident, etc.
Musicians who are great improvisers also talk about time slowing down - allowing them to really experience where they are within the music. Very common with jazz musicians.

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 12 2015, 04:50 PM
Learning Roadie
ha ok !!

this is good, that mean i work with concentration....

thanks Klasaine

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Daeron
Sep 12 2015, 05:06 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hum... but if you observe that you lost 9 minutes, you should give a call to Fox Mulder at the FBI ! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2015, 08:39 PM
As was mentioned, being in "The Zone" and extremely focused can make time seem like it's passing at a slower rate. Then when you relax it can seem to speed up again smile.gif I have noticed the same thing actually. Particularly when working at higher speeds. I'll stop playing and here the clicks and think, "was it really that fast?"

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Sep 12 2015, 08:09 AM) *
This is specific to me ??? i dont think....

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 12 2015, 08:48 PM
Learning Roadie
so todd, i'm in the ZONE , the shred zone !!!

i have try the excercice 3 at 180bpm, i can do it, but it's not clean, but here i really can feel the metronome acceleration when i stop to play, very funny to feel !!! like in a movie !!

Hum... but if you observe that you lost 9 minutes, you should give a call to Fox Mulder at the FBI ! tongue.gif

i'll call you !! and call steven hawkins !!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 15 2015, 02:11 AM
You have cleared MISSION 3 smile.gif You are on MISSION 4!!!

quote name='fzalfa' date='Sep 12 2015, 03:48 PM' post='718250']
so todd, i'm in the ZONE , the shred zone !!!

i have try the excercice 3 at 180bpm, i can do it, but it's not clean, but here i really can feel the metronome acceleration when i stop to play, very funny to feel !!! like in a movie !!

i'll call you !! and call steven hawkins !!

Laurent
[/quote]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:04 AM