What Does This Mean?, degrees
Hajduk
Sep 27 2013, 06:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Matt have a few questions for you smile.gif was watching a interview with Steve Lukather and he said a few things which I kind of understood but need clarification. First he says for doing blues it sounds great if you define the 3rds?? I'm assuming that means the 3rd degree of the particular scale he is talking about? A plus 5 Im assuming is the 5th degree but sharp?? And finally he says do a 1,V,X?? Is the 10th a octave higher? Thank you Professor smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tomislav
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Professor
Sep 27 2013, 07:24 PM
Theory Instructor
Hey

Yeah he was talking about the 3rd of the chord, so if you're on A7 you target the note C#. And yes the +5 is the #5 of the chord, and a 10th is a 3rd plus an octave.

If you play A on the 5th fret 6th string, then C# on the 4th fret 5th string that's a third. If you play that C# on the 6th fret of the 3rd string that's a 10th.

So you're right on!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Sep 27 2013, 07:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (The Professor @ Sep 27 2013, 06:24 PM) *
Hey

Yeah he was talking about the 3rd of the chord, so if you're on A7 you target the note C#. And yes the +5 is the #5 of the chord, and a 10th is a 3rd plus an octave.

If you play A on the 5th fret 6th string, then C# on the 4th fret 5th string that's a third. If you play that C# on the 6th fret of the 3rd string that's a 10th.

So you're right on!

Thank you Professor smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:01 PM