Tuning Device
Selky
Feb 14 2010, 10:07 PM
GMC:er
Hey, I'm pretty new to a guitar and i bought an tuning device :-).
Its a stagg TU-C but it got a few options i don't understand

For example there is a button that gives me different tones like B flat-E flat - C - F - . What does this mean and which is the best for tuning.

I can also pick a different type of hertz 435 till 445. is this the sensitivity i tune or?? happy.gif

Thanks For the answer

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 14 2010, 11:08 PM
Instructor
Hello Selky,

The #/b mark represents the key you are in, and it is not really something you should be worried about. If you tune to standard tuning, strings have these notes:

E (thinnest string)
B
G
D
A
E (thickest string)

just make sure you tune them so that the needle is right on the green LED, and you'll be OK.

The Hz values are there if you happen to come across some situations that will involve tuning to other tunings than standard. Standard tunin is 440Hz, and this is what you should use. Orchestras and other instuments sometimes need 442Hz, but I doubt you will ever need it. Just keep it on 440Hz, you'll be OK.

If you are interested in more info, I made a tuning tutorial here on GMC, check it out:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...uning-tutorial/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 15 2010, 04:34 PM
Instructor
make sure is set to 440khz....other wise you'll be out of tune all the time...this is an indication for fine tuning and 440 is the standard for 99% of music

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:59 AM