2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Your Opinion On My Sweeping Especially Pavel
shredmandan
Aug 10 2007, 02:39 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Aug 9 2007, 01:44 PM) *
I couldnt help but notice shredmandan, Did you crack your fingers or something right before the end of the mp3 ? tongue.gif
And another thing I want to say. I think alot of people here are going a little to fast with sweeping. I by no means am a sweeping pro . But that sweeping lesson that everyone has been uploading them playing, ( the one with the huge legato run in there ) Is alot harder then the 3 string sweep lesson. And until youve mastered the first 3 string sweeping lesson isnt it kind of pointless to go onto the next one if you know its only going to be harder ? huh.gif
- John

Yeah man my finger went out at the end.I was just trying to keep stuff coming to get opinions on sweep.I see your point on jumping from 3 to 5 string sweeps but,i can do them better than the other's.The smaller sweeps are harder than the 5 string larger sweps for me.Also i think the reason you here everbody trying to sweep fast is because that's the whole reason most people want to sweep is the speed you get out of it.Ofcouurse you do have to start slow and work your way up.It's like sex, your mom and dad tell you to wait till your older ready but it's so cool you just dont want to wait laugh.gif laugh.gif Some things are like that in life you get impatient and want to learn it now but ofcourse it only sets you up for failure.Thanks for your opinion smile.gif

QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 9 2007, 02:37 PM) *
I have been working with that lately, leaving the hammers and pull offs off, and instead doing a tremolo pick action. I am thinking maybe the same thing, mastering it that way will get you better articulation, it seems that it forces you picking hand really to "dance" on the strings, very fluid. If you do pull offs, well the motion stops for an instant. Is this what you are talking about?

edit: also, you do get a sharper sound with a pick, more so than you will ever get with a pull off. maybe that is more what you are taking about. but i still think there is something to what I was saying, keeping the pick motion going at all times without a break (due to pull offs or hammers). If nothing else, it develops the ability to hit a quick tremolo pick motion, which is a good thing.

Well said smile.gif
I just need to see some sweeps without the hammer and pull offs

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 10 2007, 04:51 AM
GMC:er
thanks Pavel.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:39 AM