> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Melodic Bluesy Phrasing, Lesson By Chris Harrington
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 4 ] ** [100.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Manu RASSE
Sep 28 2016, 05:43 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Melodic Bluesy Phrasing by Chris Harrington

Hi Chris, Gab, Ben Darius. I work this lesson since few weeks, I gave the best of myself

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Harrington
Sep 29 2016, 02:58 PM
Instructor
Wow this is a fantastic REC!

Really beautiful playing, control and tone. Seriously made me smile hearing it played so well.

Great job!!!! biggrin.gif

Chris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my LESSONS.
My YouTube

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 3 2016, 11:01 AM
Instructor
I can't write the words that I spoke when your REC finished but let's just say it rhymed with "Duck me, that was good!"

First thing that struck me was that you chose a brilliant tone. Very silky, liquid smooth but with enough of a crunch when you pick it harder. I like that tone very much.

You managed the subtle slides brilliantly. I thought you might have struggled in this area to emulate Chris's smoothness but no, you performed these with style and ease.

You really did give the best of yourself but...... you still managed to make it look quite easy and relaxed!?!

This is easily the best performance I've seen from you - well done!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 3 2016, 03:11 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM!

I have the pleasure of following your progress at the mentoring program, you know that I love your takes, and this is not the exception.

I don't notice anything to fix on this one, congrats!

PS: If you agree, we will share this great take at GMC's Instagram. Check my PM!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Oct 3 2016, 03:13 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 4 2016, 07:49 AM
GMC Founder
What a take! biggrin.gif It's amazing to follow your progress. ohmy.gif

The only thing possibly worth commenting on is your vibrato in the beginning (for example at 00:15 and 00:23). It seems a bit wider and slower than Chris'. Such a vibrato has more impact on the note pitch - and therefore I prefer to first let note ring a little bit before applying it (otherwise the note might sound a bit out of pitch). However since your aim here was to replicate Chris' phrasing, I would probably have gone for a more narrow vibrato like his ( typical to many of the classic blues players).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 4 2016, 10:03 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
One more vote please smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 4 2016, 11:12 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 4 2016, 11:03 AM) *
One more vote please smile.gif

fixed!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 5 2016, 12:22 PM
Instructor
Hey there! I belive you won't stop surprising us all over again smile.gif

Beautiful execution - dynamics, rhythm capture in your hands and all the ornaments among malody. Abosulutely nothign serious to complain. There was just one spot where I had a feeling that something went wrong with the tuning - around 0:43-0:45. I felt like the string was tuned a little too low and you've been fixing pitch with a little "bend" on vibrated notes. That's basically all. Congratulations!

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 5 2016, 08:00 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Perfect! 10

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:18 PM