14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
Vonhotch Custom Picks
PosterBoy
Jan 7 2014, 11:45 AM
Learning Roadie
I have 3 favourite V picks

My main one is the Stiletto, I can strum, riff and get nice articulate picking with it, it's just a great size and shape for my hand
I also use the small pointed from time to time
Then the Dimension Jr, it is a great practice pick for me, nicely pointed but really quite thick which trains my hand and forearm to relax.

I am really tempted by the looks of the Von Hotch picks though

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 7 2014, 02:54 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2014, 10:38 AM) *
Very good question smile.gif Have you ever considered making acoustic strumming picks? Under 0.5 mm thickness for instance? Is that possible?

I have not tried anything under the thinner 1.5 or so picks, mainly because I have been concerned about them bending. Regular picks are flexible and spring back, the aluminum would not. Probably would be ok for light strumming, but if one got too aggressive it would probably bend. I personally enjoy the thinner style but bigger shape for acoustic, and a thicker smaller for electric lead type stuff. They have a nice, slightly brighter fuller tone on my acoustic, which naturally has a darker sound.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 7 2014, 10:45 AM) *
I have 3 favourite V picks

My main one is the Stiletto, I can strum, riff and get nice articulate picking with it, it's just a great size and shape for my hand
I also use the small pointed from time to time
Then the Dimension Jr, it is a great practice pick for me, nicely pointed but really quite thick which trains my hand and forearm to relax.

I am really tempted by the looks of the Von Hotch picks though

Thanks. If you would like to try one hit me with a PM and I will send you one. You can check out what I've got made up at www.etsy.com/shop/theartofvonhotch and let me know what you might want to try. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2014, 09:58 AM
Instructor
Aye, you are right man smile.gif I don't know how elastic Aluminum really is, but I am certain that if a solution would appear, the tone on the acustic guitar in respect to strumming and light picking (arpeggio based ideas mostly) would be great!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 8 2014, 04:05 PM
Unfortunately I think if thin and flexible is what you need, aluminum is not gonna be the right material. But it got me thinking, on how a slightly curved or bent pick might conform to the thumb. Perhaps ergonomic. I have seen some ergonomic picks but I don't recall any with a curved shape.
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 8 2014, 08:58 AM) *
Aye, you are right man smile.gif I don't know how elastic Aluminum really is, but I am certain that if a solution would appear, the tone on the acustic guitar in respect to strumming and light picking (arpeggio based ideas mostly) would be great!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 8 2014, 04:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 8 2014, 04:05 PM) *
Unfortunately I think if thin and flexible is what you need, aluminum is not gonna be the right material. But it got me thinking, on how a slightly curved or bent pick might conform to the thumb. Perhaps ergonomic. I have seen some ergonomic picks but I don't recall any with a curved shape.

Now that's an interesting idea!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2014, 08:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 8 2014, 03:05 PM) *

Pfff... I am sure it's an interesting idea, but I can't imagine how it would look like.. Are there any available examples on the internet already, in respect to such a shape? Thanks a bunch man smile.gif Haven't forgotten about our little talk last year - gonna get past the Days of Confusion new single/video release at the end of this month and then we can resume things wink.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 9 2014, 03:48 PM
I guess it would be something like these. http://www.gripguitarpicks.net/grip/ I found them on a quick search.

No worries. I figured you were busy. No rush. smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 9 2014, 07:56 AM) *
Pfff... I am sure it's an interesting idea, but I can't imagine how it would look like.. Are there any available examples on the internet already, in respect to such a shape? Thanks a bunch man smile.gif Haven't forgotten about our little talk last year - gonna get past the Days of Confusion new single/video release at the end of this month and then we can resume things wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 10 2014, 09:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 9 2014, 02:48 PM) *
I guess it would be something like these. http://www.gripguitarpicks.net/grip/ I found them on a quick search.

No worries. I figured you were busy. No rush. smile.gif

Hmmmm - so that shape would prevent the bending? It seems hard to obtain out of aluminum..

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 10 2014, 03:46 PM
Actually I think that, that could help with preventing further bending on thinner material, now that you mention it. But I thought it might be a cool shape in general. I had experimented with some that had grooves for your fingers, which felt comfortable when holding them as meant to be, but as soon as they turned slightly in your fingers, it was not so good. Slightly curved may be a more comfy ergonomic option for the same effect. Guess I'm just thinking out loud.
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 10 2014, 08:39 AM) *
Hmmmm - so that shape would prevent the bending? It seems hard to obtain out of aluminum..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 11 2014, 03:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 10 2014, 02:46 PM) *
Actually I think that, that could help with preventing further bending on thinner material, now that you mention it. But I thought it might be a cool shape in general. I had experimented with some that had grooves for your fingers, which felt comfortable when holding them as meant to be, but as soon as they turned slightly in your fingers, it was not so good. Slightly curved may be a more comfy ergonomic option for the same effect. Guess I'm just thinking out loud.

Hmmm, I don't think I for one would be too much into such a shape, but I tried the VH picks you sent, on my acoustic and the tone is great, but for strumming neh neh biggrin.gif So I am curious to hear what ideas you can come up with in respect to this tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 15 2014, 02:34 AM
(Drumroll Please)......

BOATLOADS OF AWESOME!!!!!!

My "Signature" Model VONHOTCH.com pick is finally ready for COMBAT TESTING!!!!! smile.gif I have been working with our own Magic Pick Mac vonhotch to come up with a design that works well for experienced shredders as well as folks just getting started. This pick is different from anything I've tried before and it's AMAZING.

It would make a great "Training Pick" if you are working on your alternate picking, and it makes a great lead pick if you are well in to your playing and perhaps being held back a pinch by your current pick.

THE SECRET SAUCE!!!!

The pick is THICK (which I like a lot) and has ZERO flex/bend. Very precise. It' much thicker than what I normally play but it doesn't feel awkward. Indeed, the hole in the middle makes it the most comfy pick I've ever tried. It's about 3.00 mm which seems big til you try it. But the real SECRET SAUCE is the GAME CHANGING EDGE PROFILE. The pick has a nearly rounded curve from the pick point to the crest. So unlike every other pick I"ve ever tried, it just glides between strings. It never feels like it's getting "caught" between strings. This makes playing across strings (traverse) a breeze and reduces hand fatigue.

In short, this pick allows me to play longer, faster, and harder than ever before. I just LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Also added a custom color NIGHTMARE GREEN to match my two newest guitars that are green smile.gif (LTD grave and BC Rich Gunslinger) not to mention that my black picks are REALLY HARD TO FIND WHEN DROPPED!!! smile.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 15 2014, 07:00 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 14 2014, 05:34 PM) *
(Drumroll Please)......

My "Signature" Model VONHOTCH.com pick is finally ready for COMBAT TESTING!!!!! smile.gif I have been working with our own Magic Pick Mac vonhotch to come up with a design that works well for experienced shredders as well as folks just getting started. This pick is different from anything I've tried before and it's AMAZING.

It would make a great "Training Pick" if you are working on your alternate picking, and it makes a great lead pick if you are well in to your playing and perhaps being held back a pinch by your current pick.

THE SECRET SAUCE!!!!

The pick is THICK (which I like a lot) and has ZERO flex/bend. Very precise. It' much thicker than what I normally play but it doesn't feel awkward. Indeed, the hole in the middle makes it the most comfy pick I've ever tried. It's about 3.00 mm which seems big til you try it. But the real SECRET SAUCE is the GAME CHANGING EDGE PROFILE. The pick has a nearly rounded curve from the pick point to the crest. So unlike every other pick I"ve ever tried, it just glides between strings. It never feels like it's getting "caught" between strings. This makes playing across strings (traverse) a breeze and reduces hand fatigue.

In short, this pick allows me to play longer, faster, and harder than ever before. I just LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Also added a custom color NIGHTMARE GREEN to match my two newest guitars that are green smile.gif (LTD grave and BC Rich Gunslinger) not to mention that my black picks are REALLY HARD TO FIND WHEN DROPPED!!! smile.gif

Attached Image

I really like that color! It reminds me of "Mean Green" AKA Kawasaki Green, or even "Mopar Green" oldschool musclecar color.
It's a racing pick! cool.gif

[attachment=35348:Kawasaki.jpg]
[attachment=35349:ClickHandler.ashx.jpeg]

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Jan 15 2014, 07:12 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 15 2014, 09:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 15 2014, 01:34 AM) *
(Drumroll Please)......

THE SECRET SAUCE!!!!

Attached Image

Congrats Von and Todd! You guys made a good thing happen biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 16 2014, 06:04 PM
Took a lot of work to get these just perfect, but they are now AWESOME. smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 15 2014, 01:34 AM) *
(Drumroll Please)......

THE SECRET SAUCE!!!!

Attached Image

Ha ha, you got it right, the color was actually named "Kawasaki Green". I may to have to do something and give it a more METAL name

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 15 2014, 06:00 AM) *
I really like that color! It reminds me of "Mean Green" AKA Kawasaki Green, or even "Mopar Green" oldschool musclecar color.
It's a racing pick! cool.gif

[attachment=35348:Kawasaki.jpg]
[attachment=35349:ClickHandler.ashx.jpeg]

Thanks Cosmin.
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 15 2014, 08:17 AM) *
Congrats Von and Todd! You guys made a good thing happen biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 17 2014, 08:59 AM
Instructor
You deserve it mate smile.gif I got two friends wanting to order already - should I ask them to write straight to you?

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 17 2014, 02:36 PM
That's great! Are they in bands you know? They can do it however is easiest for them. They can check out what is in my store currently. Here... WWW.etsy.com/shop/theartofvonhotch, or can send me a message on facebook, or email me @[email protected]. Or can get linked to the store right through www.vonhotch.com

I'm preparing to upgrade my site in the next couple weeks to make things easier and more professional. I am also about to add some brand new Jazz picks (brand new design) to the store. And also I made my first acrylic pick the other day for a test, Acrylic my work better for the acoustic strumming we were discussing.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 17 2014, 07:59 AM) *
You deserve it mate smile.gif I got two friends wanting to order already - should I ask them to write straight to you?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 19 2014, 08:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 17 2014, 01:36 PM) *
That's great! Are they in bands you know? They can do it however is easiest for them. They can check out what is in my store currently. Here... WWW.etsy.com/shop/theartofvonhotch, or can send me a message on facebook, or email me @[email protected]. Or can get linked to the store right through www.vonhotch.com

I'm preparing to upgrade my site in the next couple weeks to make things easier and more professional. I am also about to add some brand new Jazz picks (brand new design) to the store. And also I made my first acrylic pick the other day for a test, Acrylic my work better for the acoustic strumming we were discussing.

They are both arriving for private lessons today and I will pass on the information smile.gif So, you decided to try another material biggrin.gif What will the catch of this one be?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 24 2014, 01:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Look what arrived today!

Attached Image

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 24 2014, 08:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 24 2014, 12:22 PM) *
Look what arrived today!

Attached Image

Looking great mate smile.gif The B-Breakers biggrin.gif How will you name them?

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 25 2014, 08:07 AM
Learning Roadie
Nice, Mine should be here soon, I can't wait to put it through it 's paces.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:30 PM