Can You Help?, how to get the best out of this
Darktime
May 10 2010, 09:41 AM
GMC:er
I have been given a load of gear for my birthday but my problem is that I have only ever had a guitar and an amp. I now have a boss br 600 recorder. 100 watt marshall valvestate stack amp, fender 200 watt amp, behringer effects mixer with video board, sony cd writer, tascam da 30 mk II recorder, behringer drum machine.
If you reply to this please bear in mind that I am only used to a guitar and amp how do I get the best out of all this gear? I know my way round the boss cos I had one before but its putting this gear together and using it properly?
cheers people.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Darktime: May 10 2010, 09:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
May 10 2010, 02:06 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm not sure I understand the question. If you want the most out of your gear, use it?

Please specify smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 10 2010, 04:42 PM
Instructor
It seems that you got a lot of semi-pro gear that is suitable for rack-mounted use in studios. Possibly a gear from a bit outdated studio? When I say outdated I don't mean it is bad, on contrary, all the gear listed can have significant value. However, this value depends on what you plan to do with it. You mentioned all the gear but you didn't give us a hint what exactly are your goals. Do you plan to open a studio for recording? What do you want to record? Do you want to create songs?

When you tell us this, THEN we can suggest what would be good and what not for your specific usage.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: May 10 2010, 04:42 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Darktime
May 10 2010, 05:05 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 10 2010, 04:42 PM) *
It seems that you got a lot of semi-pro gear that is suitable for rack-mounted use in studios. Possibly a gear from a bit outdated studio? When I say outdated I don't mean it is bad, on contrary, all the gear listed can have significant value. However, this value depends on what you plan to do with it. You mentioned all the gear but you didn't give us a hint what exactly are your goals. Do you plan to open a studio for recording? What do you want to record? Do you want to create songs?

When you tell us this, THEN we can suggest what would be good and what not for your specific usage.

just home recording is all

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 10 2010, 05:13 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think you should start experimenting with those amps you got first in search for the tone YOU like the best. Once you get that, you can hook up a mic to that behringer mixer and record everything on the boss recorder. Good mic for recording guitars is Shure SM57.

You should concentrate for now on getting the good tone out of those two (different) amps.

Can you tell me that behringer's drum machine exact model number so I can search info about it. I've been looking for some nice external drum machine lately smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Darktime
May 10 2010, 06:53 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 10 2010, 05:13 PM) *
I think you should start experimenting with those amps you got first in search for the tone YOU like the best. Once you get that, you can hook up a mic to that behringer mixer and record everything on the boss recorder. Good mic for recording guitars is Shure SM57.

You should concentrate for now on getting the good tone out of those two (different) amps.

Can you tell me that behringer's drum machine exact model number so I can search info about it. I've been looking for some nice external drum machine lately smile.gif

(I told you I don`t know anything about this gear lol Apparently the behringer is another mixer but it has a behringer sticker on it cos the guy liked the sticker hes addwed stuff on for karaoke and video on the machine it says its a eurorack it has Bose on it but that may be just another sticker, if I put up a couple of pics could you help out I`m a complete beginner with this gear

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
May 11 2010, 06:05 PM
Instructor
think of signal flow,

starts on the guitar, goes to whatever pedals so want, then amp, then recording mixer/software, and maybe all the little things you can add in between, but the point is what things do you want to use and when in the signal chain would they go

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:32 AM