Band Logos...............
Sensible Jones
Apr 17 2012, 12:36 PM
GMC:er
[attachment=27145:536662_4...096376_n.jpg]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 17 2012, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Good classifications! It's cool to see Anvil there! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2012, 07:24 PM
Instructor
Those death/ black metal logos were always hard to decypher laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 17 2012, 11:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 17 2012, 03:24 PM) *

hahah it's true! I remember myself in front of some extreme metal cassettes trying to decipher the name of the band... Isn't it impossible?? Even more considering that there are many bands that use similar words in their names... ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 18 2012, 01:13 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 17 2012, 07:24 PM) *

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 17 2012, 11:51 PM) *
hahah it's true! I remember myself in front of some extreme metal cassettes trying to decipher the name of the band... Isn't it impossible?? Even more considering that there are many bands that use similar words in their names... ohmy.gif

[attachment=27149:unreadab...l_poster.jpg]
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 18 2012, 01:16 AM
Learning Roadie
Great thread! biggrin.gif I love that photo above this post.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 18 2012, 06:07 AM
Goes to show the importance of "Branding" even among "Anti Branding/Corporate" folks such as say those folks in your typical black/death Metal band. In many cases, a band will just use a logo that has similar aspects to bands that they like, so without even meaning to, they create "BRAND CONSISTENCY". This is beneficial to consumers (e.g. folks who buy music) so that they get clues on what a given band might sound like even before they hear the band.

This is actually pretty important to keep in mind if you ever are in a band and you start trying to figure out a logo, cover art, etc. You want to be unique as possible, but not so unique that the indentifiers are missing from your design.

Of course, this can be taken waaaaay to far. One case in point is probably the standard "Look" that many musicians seem to have adopted in the wads of heavy bands particularly in Europe. When taken to extremes, all of the band members start to look alike and become a commodity instead of an individual. Rule of thumb, if someone can swap half the members of your band with another similar band in a pic and have none of them look out of place, might be time to refine your bands image.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2012, 10:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 18 2012, 05:07 AM) *
Goes to show the importance of "Branding" even among "Anti Branding/Corporate" folks such as say those folks in your typical black/death Metal band. In many cases, a band will just use a logo that has similar aspects to bands that they like, so without even meaning to, they create "BRAND CONSISTENCY". This is beneficial to consumers (e.g. folks who buy music) so that they get clues on what a given band might sound like even before they hear the band.

This is actually pretty important to keep in mind if you ever are in a band and you start trying to figure out a logo, cover art, etc. You want to be unique as possible, but not so unique that the indentifiers are missing from your design.

Of course, this can be taken waaaaay to far. One case in point is probably the standard "Look" that many musicians seem to have adopted in the wads of heavy bands particularly in Europe. When taken to extremes, all of the band members start to look alike and become a commodity instead of an individual. Rule of thumb, if someone can swap half the members of your band with another similar band in a pic and have none of them look out of place, might be time to refine your bands image.

Oh so true man! smile.gif I think the logos of both my bands stand up pretty well, but I was curious to go one step forward and start thinking about hte ARIA EP for instance. We have no idea about the way it will look like. I was thinking that I wanted to ask you about that dude you wrote about along ago - the graphic designer for famous bands. What was his name, Todd? smile.gif Thanks mate

Cosmin

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 18 2012, 04:07 PM
Learning Roadie
I made a logo for my artist name: Analyzed Within. It's very simple. It's for my avatar.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 19 2012, 11:38 AM
Instructor
I love it man! It matches the music wink.gif fresh and modern!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:15 AM