5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Noskill's Mtp Thread
NoSkill
Oct 25 2009, 09:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Okay, here's my Robben Ford Assignment Submission: I no longer have any objectivity on this. I hear it in my sleep. I hear it at traffic lights. I hear it when people are speaking to me. This lesson is more burned into my brain with an incredible problem recording it clean. Each take has something else that I'm upset with. This, appears, to have the elements from the lesson that I've found to be important. The ill defined notes at the end are unfortunate.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by NoSkill: Oct 25 2009, 09:20 PM

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 15 2009, 10:24 PM
Instructor
I have just left my comment in the assignment thread smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 15 2009, 10:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Welcome back. I hope you have had time to deal with your situation back home. I reviewed the assignment thread and will do videos for that this week. I can record a basic guitar track in Sonar, but that's about it. I can see how to use my amp modeling. Other than that...I've been mostly just been doing collabs and not paying attention to this other stuff too much. I'll revisit it tonight to get a better handle on basic usage.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 15 2009, 10:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Nov 15 2009, 09:37 PM) *
Welcome back. I hope you have had time to deal with your situation back home. I reviewed the assignment thread and will do videos for that this week. I can record a basic guitar track in Sonar, but that's about it. I can see how to use my amp modeling. Other than that...I've been mostly just been doing collabs and not paying attention to this other stuff too much. I'll revisit it tonight to get a better handle on basic usage.

Ok, thanks for the update. Ask here if you have any trouble with recording.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 16 2009, 02:02 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
FYI - The Collabs I've been doing while you were away:

http://www.box.net/shared/n1a0yekaxc - Jonathan Burgos Lukather Collab
http://www.box.net/shared/jl47rcm41v - Gabriel's Frusciante Collab
http://www.box.net/shared/bs70dt2t5b - Ivan's Smooth Latin Collab

I just wanted to show that I was up to something while you were away.

Again, welcome back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 16 2009, 09:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Nov 16 2009, 01:02 AM) *
FYI - The Collabs I've been doing while you were away:

http://www.box.net/shared/n1a0yekaxc - Jonathan Burgos Lukather Collab
http://www.box.net/shared/jl47rcm41v - Gabriel's Frusciante Collab
http://www.box.net/shared/bs70dt2t5b - Ivan's Smooth Latin Collab

I just wanted to show that I was up to something while you were away.

Again, welcome back.

I've heard all of these. Nice work. Maybe too much effect and guitar is mixed a bit too far on the back but your solos are good. I will do a new collab soon so feel free to join smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 16 2009, 03:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Yeah, I would agree with the effect and mix. I'm experimenting with the Amplitube, and perhaps getting carried away. I've been using a new guitar for the last month or so, so some of the tones I was experimenting with are not working as well. the TB12 and Hotrails in this Jackson are quite a bit different than the Fender I was playing.

Mixing and tone are certainly a weakness and source of frustrations as well, but I'm learning a bit more all the time. I think when the tracks got converted to MP3 the mix isn't the same as when I bounce the track. This too, will require more experimentation.

Admittedly, I haven't spent as much time learning the programs I have bought, so I'm not making very good use of them. So much to learn. smile.gif

Thanks for the comments.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 24 2009, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Hi

I have just replied on your assignment thread and left the new task. I hope you won't have trouble with it. Are you feeling more comfortable with the recording software so far? Ask if you need any help.

Cheers

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 27 2009, 03:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
My assignment is coming along fine. I produced a video for 8th's and 16th's but when I looked, I'm not alternate picking consistently. Because of that, I will focus on that component to make the videos consistently alternate picking. I tend to quit if I slide to another pattern, or make a direction change. It's usually two or three strokes, but I'll have it nailed by Sunday.

As far as REC lessons, I hadn't really been working on anything other than the Robben Ford Lesson. I'll spend a few days with the Quarterworlds of Fantasia lesson. If I can refine it for REC, I'll submit that before the end of the month. If not, I'll do the Robben Ford lesson, if that is acceptable.

Tom

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 27 2009, 09:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Nov 27 2009, 02:40 PM) *
My assignment is coming along fine. I produced a video for 8th's and 16th's but when I looked, I'm not alternate picking consistently. Because of that, I will focus on that component to make the videos consistently alternate picking. I tend to quit if I slide to another pattern, or make a direction change. It's usually two or three strokes, but I'll have it nailed by Sunday.

As far as REC lessons, I hadn't really been working on anything other than the Robben Ford Lesson. I'll spend a few days with the Quarterworlds of Fantasia lesson. If I can refine it for REC, I'll submit that before the end of the month. If not, I'll do the Robben Ford lesson, if that is acceptable.

Tom

Well any lesson for REC would work I guess. Doesn't even have to be my lesson. Thanks for the update anyway.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 28 2009, 12:15 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Alright. I'll come up with something then, for REC.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 29 2009, 11:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
REC Submission for November. I'm always struggling with vibrato, so I did this lesson by Piotr. I have an awkward pickup switchover. The tone I was using made the switch noisy. I tried just whacking it - sounded like a plane hit the house. I tried just moving it ever so slowly - sounded like golf balls dropping on a hardwood floor. This was the best compromise....just close my eyes and hope for the best.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 30 2009, 01:13 AM
Instructor
This is my reply from the REC thread

"Great job. Some noisy notes but nearly 100% executed. Vibrato could be just a bit more present. You did a pretty good job with it but you didn't play it on a couple of notes. It's a bit inconsistent on some spots but nearly there. Just keep practicing vibrato. Whenever you have a long note just go for it. I think 9 is well deserverd for this take."

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 3 2009, 01:15 PM
Instructor
Hi skill smile.gif

Let's continue with the next round.

You are already familiar with scale boxes, moving all around the neck in major scale and hopefuly comfortable with using your recording software.

Let's now do something more complex with all we've learnt so far.

1. Produce backing track with the following progression:
Am | Dm7 | E7 | Am |
Am | Dm7 | E7 | Am, C#7 |
F#m | E | D | A, C#7 |
F#m | E/G# | D | E7 |
A (major) |

One chord between the bar lines ( like |Am| ) presents one bar in 4/4. Two chords like | Am, C#7 | present each chord half a bar.

2. Play 16th notes like in your last video and move through the positions. As many positions as you can.

3. Tempo is your choice (try something similar like the last one).

4. The track doesnt need to be complex. Just one drum loop with root bass notes and chords on the keyboard or guitar.

5. Write down which modes you are playing over each chord. Each chord belongs to a different major scale mode. For example you will start with A aeolian over Am chord, then move to D dorian over D minor 7 and E mixolydian over E7. The rest you work out. While it is obvious that you are in C major scale in the first section I want you to think of the modal root of that chord. If you want to start from the A Aeolian position 1 you will realize that you are actually playing 5th position of the C major scale.

6. Produce a video and post it on this thread

Keep this thread for disscusion and post your final work on the assignment thread.

Good luck.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Dec 3 2009, 03:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Okay. I was looking at Dexxter's thread and did a backing track for this progression, already. I've been brushing up with Andrew's modes discussions. So I'll work on the 16th note elements this week and get back to you if I have any questions.

Tom

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 3 2009, 03:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Dec 3 2009, 02:08 PM) *
Okay. I was looking at Dexxter's thread and did a backing track for this progression, already. I've been brushing up with Andrew's modes discussions. So I'll work on the 16th note elements this week and get back to you if I have any questions.

Tom

Yes, this was supposed to be his assignment but he hasn't done it. What I'm trying to do is to slowly get into more complex stuff with all these patterns. I am planning to make more and more difficult chord progression and make you comfortable in switching positions through all 7 modes. This stuff is endless but it helps a lot for improvisation. If you like to have some technical exercises I am now doing some sweep picking for other members which you also might want to try.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Dec 4 2009, 03:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This is an interesting exercise so far. The change from Dm7 to E7, changing from notes in D-Dorian to E-Myxolydian and then back? Very good at getting me out of linear thinking of finding modal roots along the low E and forcing me to find modal roots within other patterns and within the chord shape. Thanks, I think I'm working this one out. It is more complicated than the previous exercise, indeed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 4 2009, 08:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Dec 4 2009, 02:40 PM) *
This is an interesting exercise so far. The change from Dm7 to E7, changing from notes in D-Dorian to E-Myxolydian and then back? Very good at getting me out of linear thinking of finding modal roots along the low E and forcing me to find modal roots within other patterns and within the chord shape. Thanks, I think I'm working this one out. It is more complicated than the previous exercise, indeed.

It's just a little more complicated smile.gif We'll make much more of it later. Glad that you started thinking the right way while switching modes.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Dec 6 2009, 06:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
December 6 assignment posted with comments.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 7 2009, 10:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Dec 6 2009, 05:23 PM) *
December 6 assignment posted with comments.

Checking it now.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:59 PM