Maximum Vibrato Settings, To put on my amp
Ayen
Jan 26 2008, 07:42 AM
GMC:er
Okay, lets get one straight first. Normally, I'm pretty good with guitars. I know how to maintain my (annoying) Ibanez RG's bridge, I've got a Pocket Pod that i record to my computer with, I can play most of the Advanced lessons on this site, so I am not new to the guitar.

I had to put that up there to feel better about the question I'm going to ask, because this feels like a huge step back to me.

I was playing guitar a few hours ago, and a friend came over. I found the perfect settings on my Line 6 Spider III amp to give me my perfect sound. This setting allowed me to get a high pitch like one you'd get from one of Marcus's videos. Unfortunately, my friend suggested I try a different setting for some reason, and moved all the knobs, and now I can't get that tone again. It sounded exactly like a combination of Marcus's Vibrato Lesson 1 and Marcus's O Holy Night . It was awesome to have that squeal sound, and I want it back!

Unfortunately, I don't seem to know what the heck I'm doing. I seem to have lost all knowledge of the tone knobs, as self explanatory as they are. I know the Bass, Treble, Drive, etc knobs, but I can't for the life of me combine them to get my sound. This is what I have:

Drive
Bass
Mid
Treble
Channel Volume
Tape Echo with a 1 Second Delay

The only thing I can get right is the Tape Echo.

Please help me GMC!

Edit: Doh! Wrong place to post this! Could a mod please move this? I'd have your babies.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ayen: Jan 26 2008, 07:47 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 26 2008, 01:46 PM
Instructor
Well I don't know what could it be, generally the tone is in your hands - most of it. Try to find some similar preset, I'm pretty sure that you can play it similarly-sounding on any preset based on the experience you have.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Feb 6 2008, 11:05 AM
Instructor
Good thing I found this thread (since it's almost addressed to me) smile.gif

Don't know if it's any help but I usually set the treble pretty high, and put a big reverb at about 50% mix. It's hard to say what's wrong though if I can't hear your tone. Any chance you can make a little recording, and I can guide you to tweak the settings?

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:07 PM