I'm Alright, my version of Neil Zaza's I'm Alright
somecrazyguy09
May 12 2008, 05:08 AM
GMC:er
Attached File  I__m_Alright.mp3 ( 3.81MB ) Number of downloads: 630

i've been working on this song for about a month now and this is what i've come up with. This was my first take when i started recording, and i know there are a few mistakes here and there but i figured there were more right notes than mistakes so i just kept the take. i used the guitar pro tabs for the majority of the song but the solo and outro i made up. the solo is improvised(like most of my solo's) and i had been playing around with the outro for a while. and if you're wondering why my tone sounds so good its because i'm using Marcus Levandell's tone through my PODX3 live haha. i'm thinking about playing this song for my audition for my school's band so please give me all the feedback you can. Thanks! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 12 2008, 05:19 AM
QUOTE (somecrazyguy09 @ May 11 2008, 11:08 PM) *
Attached File  I__m_Alright.mp3 ( 3.81MB ) Number of downloads: 630

i've been working on this song for about a month now and this is what i've come up with. This was my first take when i started recording, and i know there are a few mistakes here and there but i figured there were more right notes than mistakes so i just kept the take. i used the guitar pro tabs for the majority of the song but the solo and outro i made up. the solo is improvised(like most of my solo's) and i had been playing around with the outro for a while. and if you're wondering why my tone sounds so good its because i'm using Marcus Levandell's tone through my PODX3 live haha. i'm thinking about playing this song for my audition for my school's band so please give me all the feedback you can. Thanks! biggrin.gif

You may not be familiar with me, but I make enemies because I am pretty brutally honest, and I have to tell you....

that was quite nice. and even more impressive, is that you are looking to improve on it. but as it is, really, you sound nice.

edit: oh, just to note, I had heard that song before, but I see now that Pavel's Hand Control lesson and that are somewhat similar.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: May 12 2008, 05:22 AM

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
May 12 2008, 05:32 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ May 11 2008, 11:19 PM) *
You may not be familiar with me, but I make enemies because I am pretty brutally honest, and I have to tell you....

that was quite nice. and even more impressive, is that you are looking to improve on it. but as it is, really, you sound nice.

edit: oh, just to note, I had heard that song before, but I see now that Pavel's Hand Control lesson and that are somewhat similar.

hey thanks a lot for the feedback, i really appreciate it. And yeah there are a few parts here and there i still miss sometimes but the good thing is that i can tell exactly where the mistakes are in the song so i already know what to work on and hopefully it wont be too much longer before i can play it perfectly. smile.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 12 2008, 06:01 AM
QUOTE (somecrazyguy09 @ May 11 2008, 11:32 PM) *
hey thanks a lot for the feedback, i really appreciate it. And yeah there are a few parts here and there i still miss sometimes but the good thing is that i can tell exactly where the mistakes are in the song so i already know what to work on and hopefully it wont be too much longer before i can play it perfectly. smile.gif

well, you see, I listen carefully, and I did not hear a lot of mistakes. it is great to see someone focusing on perfecting their play. not everybody keeps that focus, working towards an ideal.

when you audition, don't worry about a few mistakes, just keep your rhythm even if you make a few. it is rhythm breaks that stand out, not a few mistakes, those can go pretty much unnoticed if you keep up a rhythm. that is what all the fast guys on youtube do, they often play without precision, but they keep that pick going and keep the rhythm. JerryC is a prime example.

I am not saying to play without precision, just pointing out that if you keep a rhythm you can still pull it off.

+Quote Post
axelsson
May 12 2008, 06:15 AM
nice solid take man! smile.gif Like fkalich said you should check out Pavel's lesson "Hand control".

btw, what kind of guiar do you have?

This post has been edited by axelsson: May 12 2008, 06:16 AM

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
May 12 2008, 06:21 AM
QUOTE (axelsson @ May 12 2008, 12:15 AM) *
nice solid take man! smile.gif Like fkalich said you should check out Pavel's lesson "Hand control".

btw, what kind of guiar do you have?

thanks a lot man! smile.gif i have an alpine white ibanez RG2EX2 electric guitar with a fixed bridge and stock pickups.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 19 2010, 03:44 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (fkalich @ May 12 2008, 12:01 AM) *
well, you see, I listen carefully, and I did not hear a lot of mistakes. it is great to see someone focusing on perfecting their play. not everybody keeps that focus, working towards an ideal.

when you audition, don't worry about a few mistakes, just keep your rhythm even if you make a few. it is rhythm breaks that stand out, not a few mistakes, those can go pretty much unnoticed if you keep up a rhythm. that is what all the fast guys on youtube do, they often play without precision, but they keep that pick going and keep the rhythm. JerryC is a prime example.

I am not saying to play without precision, just pointing out that if you keep a rhythm you can still pull it off.

I agree. And this take was much more legato than mine. My version is completely different though. It's not traditional. And I play in the wrong part of the neck where I can't play an open e chord. I play a half step down. I think overall, the performance was amazing! I rated 5 stars on your profile if that tells you anything. biggrin.gif You are an awesome player! Love your version!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:21 AM