Presonus 16.0.2 Interface Thread
Todd Simpson
Feb 6 2014, 10:55 PM
GMC:er
I'm starting a thread to share as I go on my new recording interface, the PRESONUS 16.0.2. The more I use it, the more amazing it gets and I wanted to share as I go and create an archive for folks that might buy one of these or another "Presonus StudioLive" mixer so that you can save yourself some time/trouble and benefit from my mistakes/noobishness on the device smile.gif

QUICK AND DIRTY

UNIT: Presonus Studiolive 16.0.2 (16 Channel Mixer/Interface)
PRICE: $1,000 (The least expensive model of the line)
CONNECTION: Firewire 4000
PLATFORM: Mac/Pc any DAW.

Attached Image

So I upgraded my home studio with unit recently after I was forced out of my old audio interface due to the fact that the new version of the MACINTOSH operating system (required to run the new version of LOGIC X) no longer had drivers for my old unit!!!!

I had been using a TASCAM M164 UF mixer/interface and really liked it. It's why I went with another mixer/interface. But lesson learned. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TASCAM PRODUCT EVER. Since they simply refuse to offer updated device driver software once a product gets shelved. PRESONUS on the other hand are great about driver support.

Anyhoo!!!! The PRESONUS will let you record as many channels as you like (or you system can handle) at once, in real time!!! It's got wads of fx on board in case you want to use it as an actuall mixer for a band/dj and with only the unit and a laptop you have a full on 16 channel recording/mixing setup!!!!

So while $1,000 seems price at first, think of it as a new interface, plus the interface you'd upgrade to next year, all at once smile.gif

More to come!!
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 7 2014, 12:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
have you ventured into multiple track recording

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 7 2014, 04:45 AM
GMC:er
Yup! For giggles I recorded direct split to channels 1 and 2 for stereo OVERLOUD TH2, and recorded 2 microphones on my guitar cab and one room mic. It went smooth as silk and I was using wads of real time fx during record.

I was trying to make it hiccup and crap out but no luck. IT's just solid as a rock!

The XMAS preamps on EVERY SINGLE FREAKING CHANNEL sound killer. The more I use this, the more I think this is the ultimate home studio / project studio recording interface. I've tried a TON of gear in my time and for the price, in a home studio setting, nothing else on the market that I know of can touch it.

As a bonus, I can run all of my other inputs (xbox, cable tv, iphone guitar apps, etc. etc. etc. ) in to the mixer and leave them there. It's very handy to have everything always plugged in and ready to go.

Check out all these inputs. And this is the only one in the series that has MIDI control so you could change settings/scenes with a food pedal smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 6 2014, 06:12 PM) *
have you ventured into multiple track recording

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 7 2014, 04:46 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:04 PM