2 Pages V   1 2 >  
A Youtube Link, PG jam My guitar Gently Weeps
UncleSkillet
Jan 13 2009, 01:26 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Some of you have probably seen this but for those who haven't check it out. tongue.gif

I thought it was cool cool.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9QL0Jkb_GU&NR=1

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jan 13 2009, 01:34 AM
Instructor
Cool cover!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 13 2009, 02:04 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Gilbert sounded awesome as always smile.gif but did he hit a sour note @ :50sec? unsure.gif Also looked like when Portnoy raised his hand @ 2:34 it shocked the bass player.. laugh.gif Great cover though! smile.gif

+Quote Post
ParalyzedHorse
Jan 13 2009, 02:14 AM
GMC:er
note at :50 sounded fine to me, nice vid

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 13 2009, 02:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 12 2009, 08:04 PM) *
Gilbert sounded awesome as always smile.gif but did he hit a sour note @ :50sec? unsure.gif Also looked like when Portnoy raised his hand @ 2:34 it shocked the bass player.. laugh.gif Great cover though! smile.gif

Dude you need a break laugh.gif The note @:50 was fine and flowed to the change. @2:34 well I didn't see anything. rolleyes.gif

What I did notice after watching it again was that super hero looking toy hanging on PG's mic stand. ohmy.gif What's up with that? huh.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 13 2009, 02:33 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 13 2009, 02:57 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 12 2009, 08:31 PM) *
Dude you need a break laugh.gif The note @:50 was fine and flowed to the change. @2:34 well I didn't see anything. rolleyes.gif

What I did notice after watching it again was that super hero looking toy hanging on PG's mic stand. ohmy.gif What's up with that? huh.gif

laugh.gif Yes I do!

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jan 13 2009, 03:21 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Cool.

So that's who Pual Gilbert is eh? biggrin.gif
Sorry, I couldn't resist. laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 13 2009, 03:33 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (JamesT @ Jan 12 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Cool.

So that's who Pual Gilbert is eh? biggrin.gif
Sorry, I couldn't resist. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Shhhh... ohmy.gif Don't tell anyone laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Jan 13 2009, 04:59 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 13 2009, 02:04 AM) *

It's how the progression goes, a bit different, but really tasteful!

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 13 2009, 08:42 AM
Instructor
Gilbert is awesome, what a cover smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Mandos
Jan 13 2009, 08:54 AM
This reminds me that I really need to get my hands on the Yellow Matter Custard cd and dvd.

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 13 2009, 09:16 AM
Lets go fishing!
Paul is my idol !!!

Were not worthy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 13 2009, 09:19 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
laugh.gif what can I say... great musicians all but I think they slaughtered it laugh.gif

This is my cup ot tea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC1EZcrZEIs

If you want I can hand out rotten tomatoes you can throw at me wink.gif Especially you Matt, you'll get your own box of out dated vegetables since you and PG are like brothers.. and you have his guitar biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 13 2009, 09:27 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 13 2009, 08:19 AM) *
laugh.gif what can I say... great musicians all but I think they slaughtered it laugh.gif

If you want I can hand out rotten tomatoes you can throw at me wink.gif Especially you Matt, you'll get your own box of out dated vegetables since you and PG are like brothers.. and you have his guitar biggrin.gif

Normally i would be down the vegtable shop right now buying up all there rotten fruit, but as its you mickem i just cant do it wub.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 13 2009, 03:37 PM
Instructor
Awesome video man!
Never saw this, thanks for sharing.
I love Neal's voice on this.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 13 2009, 06:38 PM
That's a cool version!!!

Check this out:-
Jake Shimabukuro
He only uses 4 strings!!!!
tongue.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Jan 13 2009, 06:56 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 13 2009, 09:19 AM) *

Great version!

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 13 2009, 07:00 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 13 2009, 06:38 PM) *
That's a cool version!!!

Check this out:-
Jake Shimabukuro
He only uses 4 strings!!!!
tongue.gif

Wow that was truly great!!! And I love his Dr Pepper t-shirt, wish I had one. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 13 2009, 07:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 13 2009, 01:00 PM) *
Wow that was truly great!!! And I love his Dr Pepper t-shirt, wish I had one. biggrin.gif

Excellent video too!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 13 2009, 08:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I'm a big fan of the Beatles and I never saw this clip! Its great , love the cover! smile.gif)

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:51 AM