> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Darkwaveriffer's Modern Music Workshop
DarkWaveRiffer
Apr 13 2012, 06:37 AM
GMC:er
Hi Cosmin!
I updated my practice thread. Going to hold off with a progress video until the weekend. Already I can keep up at 90% sloppy at parts, but I can tell its become more natural for me. If I can be honest. I don't like bear's lesson.
1..I don't like Poison, which that piece was taken from "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."
2. I think there are other more interesting rhythm lessons I can handle out there.

I appreciate everything your doing, but I know myself, and with the little time I have to practice, I want to practice things that hold my interest.
I don't want to waste all the effort you are putting into me. So if you could find something more metal, even alternative is cool, that would be great. The video you just did would be great too.

Also do you know what tone Joe is using in the MRO video? I would like to try and match it.

I also posted new lyrics in my lyrics thread. I am not sure if you seen them yet, or not. Check them out, and let me know what you think.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

My goal is to learn to play guitar like its my second language, and my first words to the world will be "Bite Me!".

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title: Air Guitarist

Guitarist Title thread

DWR's EPIC Practice Journal l

DarkWaveRiffer's Modern Music Mentored By Cosmin Thread

Lead Mastery Mentored by Gab

Attacking Scales Mentored By Alex Thread

Want to know how to practice for success?? Click here!!

Are you sabotaging your practice? Click here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 13 2012, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Alright, I never intended to waste your time smile.gif just trying to take things easier because at some point some people may become frustrated by the fact that somethings are harder to achieve. I am not doubting you one bit, but in the same time I aim to help you develop an organic technique with REAL results.

I will recommend another rhythm lesson which is a bit lighter than the one you are currently working on, but it also has some lead elements here and there smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Metrics-4/

Let me know what you think mate! The focus is on the same things: tightness, timing and this time the articulation elements: vibrato, bending and harmonics

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Apr 13 2012, 01:51 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 13 2012, 02:29 AM) *
Hey mate! Alright, I never intended to waste your time smile.gif just trying to take things easier because at some point some people may become frustrated by the fact that somethings are harder to achieve. I am not doubting you one bit, but in the same time I aim to help you develop an organic technique with REAL results.

I will recommend another rhythm lesson which is a bit lighter than the one you are currently working on, but it also has some lead elements here and there smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Metrics-4/

Let me know what you think mate! The focus is on the same things: tightness, timing and this time the articulation elements: vibrato, bending and harmonics

Cosmin

That's what I am talking about! Very cool. I am definitely looking forward to practicing this. You know I was kind frustrated at first about not being able to move on with MRO, but just from working on the first part, I can see myself getting better. So I am past it. Also working on a couple of different things helps, because I learned the G Major scale in 2 hours, so I am very happy about that! Also raised my tempo on MRO to 90%. I know you are here to help, but some times a lesson may not jive with a student. I can also clearly hear the drums in this new one, so it should be easier to sync with it. My system of practice though takes care of the timing issues I had in the past. A lot of it, I wasn't used to that kind of strumming, and the up strokes. So once I reached that comfort level I its all starting to fall into place.
Look like I need to buy another guitar for Drop C tuning. lol

So do you know the tone for MRO? I would like to try to match it.
Also did you check out my new lyrics I posted in my Lyrics thread?
Have a goodnight Cosmin!

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

My goal is to learn to play guitar like its my second language, and my first words to the world will be "Bite Me!".

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 14 2012, 11:22 AM
Instructor
Hey there mate biggrin.gif Checked the lyrics biggrin.gif You seem to be deep person out of what I am figuring out! I like them! Regarding the MRO Lesson, the tone is most probably built with a mid scoop - and medium to high gain. I don't know what sort of amp was used, but more or less this is the setup for that sort of tone biggrin.gif

It's important to work on things which inspire you and you like achieving so I am glad you like the Metal Metrics 4 lesson biggrin.gif regarding the Drop C you can make it drop D tongue.gif for this thread wink.gif no problemmo biggrin.gif

Let's see a take of the first part if you think everything is clear with it smile.gif and if there are questions, please go ahead and ask biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Apr 15 2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks, I like to write about how I feel whether is its about current events, lost love, disappointment, and hypocrisy.
I met with my instructor yesterday, I am having a little trouble with two parts which he developed some exercises for me to work on.
One was the transition back to the open palm muted notes, and the transition to from XXX-9-11,9-11-9-11.
This is helping me with getting my right hand to stay in rhythm while giving my left hand enough time to get to where it needs to be.
I am going to practice these exercises and integrate them into MRO. I will record my progress when I have made these improvements. My teacher says my octaves are tight, and so is my timing, it's just my transitions on the points I mentioned above.

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Apr 16 2012, 06:49 AM
Hey Cosmin, been studying for a big test coming up. One of the things my instructor is helping me with, and what I notice from the progress videos is my right hand is not flowing, and it's because of I am unsure of my left, and some of the transitions. So I am working on this. I will post progress soon. Thanks!

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2012, 12:22 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Looking forward to see those vids - if you will continue practicing slowly, flow will occur wink.gif it's normal, once you gain certainty regarding where each hand goes when smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Apr 21 2012, 12:40 AM
Hi Cosmin,
I am going to hold off doing vids on the MRO until I make considerable progress with that, for now I be primarily focusing on the Metal Metrics 4. I will probably do a video this weekend, and then do more every 7 days, or when progress has been made. I see how using the metronome is very important, and I have already made it a part of my practice.

I am a bit discouraged though with trying to produce the tones for these songs. I have a GDEC 3 15 AMP, and the dials to manipulate the gain, mid, treble are different that how you suggest to produce some of the tones I want. The numbers are on the dial its self, and I believe your numbers are not on the dial, and you just turn the dial to the number. It should be a simple adjustment to compensate, but it just doesn't sound right.

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 21 2012, 08:38 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Sure thing, a vid a week will be MORE than suggestive to showcase progress wink.gif

About the tone, I strongly suggest you to rely on your ears - I learned how to build tones because I always changed everything according to the task at hand.

For instance, I had a gig last night and I had to re-arrange the dials because of the space I was in because of the amp through which my AMT (preamp) was being used.

Do not feel discouraged! Please! I have been in your shoes and I know how it feels, but trust me, I would've gained A LOT more if I would've just followed my instincts instead of searching for the holy grail of tone formula smile.gif

Once you accept the fact that situations may vary and you have to learn how to adapt, things will come easier smile.gif listen to your favorite tones and try to emulate them as best as possible with what you have - don't forget the hands have a very important role. Picking lighter or harder will always make a difference!

Have you ever tried to approach the situation like this?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Dec 1 2012, 04:20 PM
Hi Cosmin,
Let me know what you would like me to work on. Like I said earlier, I would like to keep the exercises simple to a few musical techniques, or expressions so I can get those down, and build from those successes. I have a lot of trouble with right hand up/down strumming. Its very hard for me to get it in sync with my left, and timing of the song.

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 2 2012, 08:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Dec 1 2012, 03:20 PM) *
Hi Cosmin,
Let me know what you would like me to work on. Like I said earlier, I would like to keep the exercises simple to a few musical techniques, or expressions so I can get those down, and build from those successes. I have a lot of trouble with right hand up/down strumming. Its very hard for me to get it in sync with my left, and timing of the song.

Hey matey! I think I got just the thing! Check this out and tell me what you think!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Staccato-Power-Chords/

I think it can help a lot with coordination and basic riffing elements smile.gif

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Dec 2 2012, 09:35 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 2 2012, 02:07 PM) *
Hey matey! I think I got just the thing! Check this out and tell me what you think!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Staccato-Power-Chords/

I think it can help a lot with coordination and basic riffing elements smile.gif

Perfect! I can definitely work on this. Thanks for taking the time out to mentor me. I will post something by next week of my progress. Maybe sooner if I am feeling good about my progress.

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 3 2012, 08:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Dec 2 2012, 08:35 PM) *
Perfect! I can definitely work on this. Thanks for taking the time out to mentor me. I will post something by next week of my progress. Maybe sooner if I am feeling good about my progress.

Hehe! Glad you like it man! Feel free to post anytime, even if you are not satisfied with the progress, we can analyze what's going on and we can see to making it better! wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Dec 10 2012, 03:28 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 3 2012, 02:06 AM) *
Hehe! Glad you like it man! Feel free to post anytime, even if you are not satisfied with the progress, we can analyze what's going on and we can see to making it better! wink.gif

Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,
I have actually been working on Cannon Rock, and have been having problems with my little finger where I do a
14HP12. It's where I hammer on the 14, and pull off to the 12, and pull of to the 10. My little finger doesn't have the strength or conditioning to to sound clearly when pulling off. So I have started doing a little finger exercise from gmc ( https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nger-work-out/) Since the instructor doesn't seem to be active in recent years, I was hoping you could shed some light on this. What is the correct way to pick this, it says alternate picking, but can you map out the downs, and up for the first part? Also am I to only hammer with the pinky on the second 8 of 8-7-8? If you see the tab you will know what I mean
Also I know speed comes eventually. Right now I can play this piece below at about 100, but no faster. I was thinking once you do say get 140, I say this just as an example, but the speed gains should be transferable to other similar parts of your playing.

. between teaching my daughter...blind leading the blind lol, and school last week was busy. I will work on the power chords this week as well. Thanks. Eric

Am                                    
> > > >
E||-----8-7h-8-5-8-7h-8---8-7h-8-5-8-7h-8-|
B||--5------------------6-----------------|
G||---------------------------------------|
D||---------------------------------------|
A||---------------------------------------|
E||---------------------------------------|

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 13 2012, 12:47 PM
Instructor
Hey Eric

You can try this as an AP exercise in two directions smile.gif

Start the whole phrase with a downstroke and try it again by starting with an upstroke:

But pick each note smile.gif I tried it just now and it works great! What do you think?

The final advantage is that you will be building awesome AP skills and you will never be caught offguard by having to start picking with an upstroke in some situations biggrin.gif

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Dec 13 2012, 12:48 PM

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Dec 13 2012, 02:52 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 13 2012, 06:47 AM) *
Hey Eric

You can try this as an AP exercise in two directions smile.gif

Start the whole phrase with a downstroke and try it again by starting with an upstroke:

But pick each note smile.gif I tried it just now and it works great! What do you think?

The final advantage is that you will be building awesome AP skills and you will never be caught offguard by having to start picking with an upstroke in some situations biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Ok, so for the little finger exercise pick each note, don't do the hammer on?

I noticed if I do add the hammer on, the down/up stroke reverse each time you play the phrase..

Also feel free to give me an easier lesson to work on hearing, and playing along with the rhythm. I can still work on the Stacotto Power Chords to get the down. Thanks bro.

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 14 2012, 05:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Dec 13 2012, 01:52 PM) *
Ok, so for the little finger exercise pick each note, don't do the hammer on?

I noticed if I do add the hammer on, the down/up stroke reverse each time you play the phrase..

Also feel free to give me an easier lesson to work on hearing, and playing along with the rhythm. I can still work on the Stacotto Power Chords to get the down. Thanks bro.

Hey mate smile.gif Well, a very easy one to start with for gaining skill in this direction, would be this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...he-Blues-Scale/

What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Dec 15 2012, 05:59 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 14 2012, 11:44 AM) *
Hey mate smile.gif Well, a very easy one to start with for gaining skill in this direction, would be this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...he-Blues-Scale/

What do you think?

Cosmin

I am all over it. This looks like a great lesson. Good choice!

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 15 2012, 09:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Dec 15 2012, 04:59 AM) *
I am all over it. This looks like a great lesson. Good choice!

Alright mate! So, how is it going? Tell me a little bit about the way you are perceiving the process smile.gif

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Dec 15 2012, 11:09 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 15 2012, 03:33 AM) *
Alright mate! So, how is it going? Tell me a little bit about the way you are perceiving the process smile.gif

Great pick Cosmin, I pretty much have it memorized as of yesterday after a couple of hours. Now I am playing it in Guitar Pro, a chunk at a time,stopping it and trying to reproduce the same rhythm on my guitar. I can even hear most of the song in my head, so it helps with playing it. It looks like the picking is all AP.I will do a recording of my progress at the end of the day. It won't have the backing track, just me playing. I am not ready for the backing track yet. Thanks.

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:26 AM