Powertabs
TreyDeschamp
Dec 21 2009, 06:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
How do I get the program for powertabs? I've heard power tabs are very accurate and the program helps too.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
skennington
Dec 21 2009, 08:23 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Here you go Trey. Keep in mind that if you have Guitar Pro, it will also open power tabs.

http://www.power-tab.net/guitar.php

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 21 2009, 09:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
I actually used to prefer Powertab to Guitar Pro back in the day. Powertab still feels more tidy to me. The only downside is that there are no drums, as opposed to Guitar Pro. I did read somewhere that it was planned though. If you're just out for tabs to play songs, Powertab is a good and free program!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Dec 21 2009, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 21 2009, 02:24 PM) *
I actually used to prefer Powertab to Guitar Pro back in the day. Powertab still feels more tidy to me. The only downside is that there are no drums, as opposed to Guitar Pro. I did read somewhere that it was planned though. If you're just out for tabs to play songs, Powertab is a good and free program!

Does it work for Mac though?

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 21 2009, 10:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Dec 21 2009, 09:26 PM) *
Does it work for Mac though?

As far as I know, it's not out for Mac (yet). At least it wasn't 3 years ago when I checked last time! laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Dec 21 2009, 10:14 PM
laugh.gif Oh well!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 22 2009, 12:13 AM
Instructor
it's a free program!

I use guitar pro though

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
carpathian Etude
Dec 22 2009, 12:31 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Dec 21 2009, 11:13 PM) *
it's a free program!

I use guitar pro though

Yeah i dont think its available for mac, I downloaded it for my laptop which is windows but I never use the laptop only my emac.
I might be tempted to get guitar pro although my emac can only run it in midi mode I think as I only have the os x 10.3.9 version of OS X. is the midi mode still good as opposed to the Realistic sound engine. would be a good way to get the backing tracks off here as i see some lessons have guitar pro. I am working on marcus lavendell lessons at the moment but I dont think he is any longer on here.

guitar pro looks cool.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 22 2009, 12:45 AM
Instructor
I have both but GP is kinda easier for me.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
twist
Dec 25 2009, 02:19 AM
Hey there!

I used powertab for a long time and then switched to Guitar Pro. But since i also use linux machines a lot i had to find a decent program for those too.

The solution is called TuxGuitar and can be found here: http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/

Its similar to the programs mentioned above, it is opensource and therefore free to download. smile.gif It can open GP and Powertab files aswell. smile.gif And best thing: Windows, Mac and Linux Versions can be found on the homepage...

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 25 2009, 02:44 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (twist @ Dec 25 2009, 02:19 AM) *
Hey there!

I used powertab for a long time and then switched to Guitar Pro. But since i also use linux machines a lot i had to find a decent program for those too.

The solution is called TuxGuitar and can be found here: http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/

Its similar to the programs mentioned above, it is opensource and therefore free to download. smile.gif It can open GP and Powertab files aswell. smile.gif And best thing: Windows, Mac and Linux Versions can be found on the homepage...

I would also recommend Tux Guitar as a free alternative to Guitar pro. I has all the necesseraly functionality and its free! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 25 2009, 04:49 AM
Instructor
I have never heard of Tux Guitar until now and just tried it as live Java application. This looks like all we need to tab our stuff. Just great

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 25 2009, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Tux is a little buggier than Guitar Pro, IMO.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
twist
Dec 26 2009, 01:11 PM
I never ran into any problems with tux guitar on windows, but i had a few timing issues with linux. Those were easy to solve. Its open source, so you can be pretty sure that there are enough people out there that know how to fix any upcoming problem.

On my wifes Mac it works flawless too. smile.gif

And if you have a feature request or something else there IS a chance that your mail to the developers will get noticed smile.gif

This post has been edited by twist: Dec 26 2009, 01:12 PM

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:02 AM