Bass Lesson 3 - Slapping And Popping, Neat bass licks today!
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 2 2007, 02:25 PM
GMC Founder
Bass lesson 3 - Slapping and Popping

I am happy to present a bass lesson with one of the most typical techniques - Slapping and Popping. I can tell you this lesson even makes me want to grab a bass...! (For those of you who don't know - I am a guitarist...wink.gif )

If we have any bassists on the site yet - I really want you to feel welcome (I know Hrvoje is dying to answer some bass questions! biggrin.gif )

Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 2 2007, 02:49 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 2 2007, 08:25 AM) *
Bass lesson 3 - Slapping and Popping

I am happy to present a bass lesson with one of the most typical techniques - Slapping and Popping. I can tell you this lesson even makes me want to grab a bass...! (For those of you who don't know - I am a guitarist...wink.gif )

If we have any bassists on the site yet - I want you to know you are more than welcome (I know Hrvoje is dying to answer some bass questions! biggrin.gif )

Kris

Fantastic - I'll be playing my new Bass a lot this weekend, and will definitely be checking out all 3 lessons - popping and slapping sounds sooooo cool and I have never figured out how to do it!

A suggestion for Hrvoje - I suspect that like me, there are a number of guys on the forum that wouldn't call themselves bassists, but want to know the techniques, maybe for recording, or the odd fill in - it would be great if you could go over basic techniques from a Guitarists perspective ... whenever I pick up a bass I try and play lead on it which never works smile.gif

Anyway, I will definitely be working through the lessons soon - thanks Hrvoje!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:53 PM