2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Amp Selection Time, Some really cool options
Marshmall0wz
Oct 8 2008, 01:00 AM
GMC:er
So i just found out that i can stop looking at triple digit amps and start going to about 1.5 grand! I can get a 30% discount on all of these amps. Could use guys pick your favorite and give a short explanation? THANK YOU
Christmas time im gonna probably get one of these if not another. im excited smile.gif
I play Indie/Alternative rock, Hard rock, and Classic Rock.
also i need a good clean channel and can use pedals for only clean amps

Peavey 6505 212 Combo-$1200

Peavey JSX 212 Combo-$1550

Orange Rocker 30 Head-$1400

Mesa Boogie Express 5:25-$1150

Bogner Alchemist 112-$1200

Fender Supersonic-$1300

Fender Twin Reverb-$1300

Egnater Tourmaster 212 Combo-$1600

Yes its a lot but it's hard to limit myself with a 30% discount haha thanks again

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SensE
Oct 8 2008, 01:04 AM
How do you get a 30% discount !? wacko.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Oct 8 2008, 01:24 AM
because i take lessons haha
not a bad deal but then again i give them 45 each week

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 8 2008, 01:32 AM
Learning Tone Master
The 6505 is a High gain monster so that's no go for you but the jsx works just fine. For your style of play I would say the Orange because it sounds british...but my ultimate suggestion would be a Marshall JVM410.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Oct 8 2008, 01:46 AM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Oct 7 2008, 08:32 PM) *
The 6505 is a High gain monster so that's no go for you but the jsx works just fine. For your style of play I would say the Orange because it sounds british...but my ultimate suggestion would be a Marshall JVM410.

How much is it? I've never played a tube marshall but i love a lot of marshall using bands....that sounds funny.

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
RandomVictim
Oct 8 2008, 02:02 AM
twin reverb...the most beautiful cleans ever

--------------------

Gear

Guitars
Eric Johnson Sig Strat
Gibson SG Special
Esp Ltd EC-1000 deluxe
Larivee Acoustic
Takamine 12 String

Amps
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50
Line 6 Spider III HD75 head
Line 6 Spider III Cab with C30 speakers
Vox AD30
Marshall MG10

Pedals
Line 6 Pod X3
Slash Sig Wah
Dan Electro Cool Cat Chorus
Dan Electro FAB Echo
BB PREAMP!
Boss MT-2
FBV Express

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Oct 8 2008, 02:08 AM
QUOTE (RandomVictim @ Oct 7 2008, 09:02 PM) *
twin reverb...the most beautiful cleans ever

yeah but how about with pedals?

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
inertia
Oct 8 2008, 02:54 AM
Supersonic is an incredible amp and extremely versatile, the Bassman and Vibrolux preamps both sound incredible and are both quite unique, the gain is the best offered on a fender, it's very modern sounding, and it has the classic old school reverb tank used in all the old classic fenders, sounds amazing.
Takes pedals great and has all the standard bells and whistles including effects loop.
So you basically get two classic fender cleans, and modern high gain that's great for most peoples needs.
The Alchemist looks interesting but it's brand new and have not had a chance to play one.
I prefer the express 5:50 over the 5:25 because one more power, two it has more of an american sound for gain because of the tubes which I prefer.
I wouldn't go with the twin reverb because you may be disappointed with you ability to take it to very heavy levels. Yes it takes pedals OK but you'll be hard pressed to get the nice modern sound of the supersonic. Yes you can buy pedals for gain but with the supersonic you have a lot more versatility.
I have heard very negative things about the cleans on the JSX and 6505, I have not played either though.
These are all my opinions of course, if you get the chance play them yourself, the most important thing is what sounds best to you, we all have different tastes.

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Oct 8 2008, 03:07 AM
QUOTE (inertia @ Oct 7 2008, 09:54 PM) *
Supersonic is an incredible amp and extremely versatile, the Bassman and Vibrolux preamps both sound incredible and are both quite unique, the gain is the best offered on a fender, it's very modern sounding, and it has the classic old school reverb tank used in all the old classic fenders, sounds amazing.
Takes pedals great and has all the standard bells and whistles including effects loop.
So you basically get two classic fender cleans, and modern high gain that's great for most peoples needs.
The Alchemist looks interesting but it's brand new and have not had a chance to play one.
I prefer the express 5:50 over the 5:25 because one more power, two it has more of an american sound for gain because of the tubes which I prefer.
I wouldn't go with the twin reverb because you may be disappointed with you ability to take it to very heavy levels. Yes it takes pedals OK but you'll be hard pressed to get the nice modern sound of the supersonic. Yes you can buy pedals for gain but with the supersonic you have a lot more versatility.
I have heard very negative things about the cleans on the JSX and 6505, I have not played either though.
These are all my opinions of course, if you get the chance play them yourself, the most important thing is what sounds best to you, we all have different tastes.

Well i've played the supersonic and i wish it had a bit more gain but i think i should check it out with some pedals.

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 8 2008, 07:45 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
You picked one of my own all time favourites there, the Orange rocker 30 would be my choice wink.gif

It's a simple amp, the clean channel hasn't got an EQ and the amp hasn't got a fx-loop. IMO that's perfect for this amp in all it's simplicity.

You might want to look at the Orange Thunderverb 50 if you crave some more features, has an fx-loop and a built in attenuator. Genuine british craftsmanship with the power switch on the back of the amp biggrin.gif Vintage sounding up to rather modern but not a hi gain amp.
Or The Rockerverb 50 for more modern sounds.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 8 2008, 09:21 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Oct 8 2008, 03:07 AM) *
Well i've played the supersonic and i wish it had a bit more gain but i think i should check it out with some pedals.

If your going to buy an expensive amp like the supersonic, and you feel you need to add pedals something isnt right smile.gif For the price range your looking at, you want an amp that has the gain your looking for built in smile.gif

You like british sounds Im guessing, so I would go with the Orange Rocker 30! or the Mesa Express 2.52 sounds awsome! Either way what im trying to say is buy an amp your happy with without pedals smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 8 2008, 11:27 AM
In your shoes I would go for the Egnater as it has GREAT tone,havnt heard the combos but some of the heads I have heard have just been amazing to listen too

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 8 2008, 11:36 AM
Instructor
I would say Egnater as well.
Clean is great,has pretty high gain so you don't even need a pedal,
just hook something in FX Loop,4 channels,rock it. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 8 2008, 11:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Oct 8 2008, 02:46 AM) *
How much is it? I've never played a tube marshall but i love a lot of marshall using bands....that sounds funny.

Damn Marshalls are even more expensive in the US! The JVM costs well over 2000$ there...but I would still pay the price^^

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Oct 8 2008, 12:58 PM
im pretty sure i'm going to whittle it down to the Orange, Egnater, Fender S.S., and the Mesa
but if i could i would get a rockerverb...im gonna check the price

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 8 2008, 01:53 PM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Oct 8 2008, 11:36 AM) *
I would say Egnater as well.
Clean is great,has pretty high gain so you don't even need a pedal,
just hook something in FX Loop,4 channels,rock it. smile.gif

God yeah,it realy does it all so well.I was gobsmacked when I saw some clips of it .The high gain tone
on these amps is the defination of what rock tone should sound like!And as you have mentioned the
clean tones are good too!
If there was a uk supplier I would snap a head up right away,having typed that up there prob is now!

I looked into this maker when I was researching Randals new modular preamp head designs and stumbled
into the Egnater site who offer the same on a few of their amp designs.They sounded WAY better than randal
And it seems a good idea to be able to change the preamps out if needed and warm it all up with the powertubes

Very happy with my Amp at the moment,but I will still buy an Egnater amp when I get a chance as I just know
I would be very happy playing high gain settings on it:)

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
inertia
Oct 8 2008, 03:58 PM
Wow the egnator seems amazing, I love the power section, and 4 channels to boot. I had not heard of this amp, it is now at the top of my list for next amp.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 8 2008, 03:59 PM
I'd go for the Twin Reverb. That amp is the single greatest amp ever. The tone you can get from that thing is out of this world and with pedals you really can get it to scream. Bands like Radiohead have used this amp and their sound is always incredible. If you go for this amp you wont be disappointed. I'd sell anything to get this amp smile.gif

And I just noticed you play indie music. The Twin Reverb is a favourite of many indie bands as well as Radiohead and other huge bands.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 8 2008, 04:02 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Oct 8 2008, 05:20 PM
Whoa Egnater - never heard of them.... I gotta check those out.

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Oct 8 2008, 05:30 PM
I love the Mesa Express! Amazing sounds come out of that thing. clean channel is great!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:44 PM