12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Bascuthach's Bootcamp!, Let the Training Begin!
Todd Simpson
May 3 2012, 10:12 PM
GMC:er
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP!

Here is your link your personal training ground/HELL!

http://bitly.com/gregcsbootcamp

Practice!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 20 2012, 04:10 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
May 3 2012, 11:12 PM
unsure.gif TechWithTodd Lesson 1 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...0%9D_-_Lesson_1 unsure.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 4 2012, 03:32 AM
Well played! Congratulations on taking on MISSION 1! Here is where you did your DRILL BOSS proud!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Consistent strikes, Nice!
2.)Consistent Tempo, also Nice!
3.)Wide range of fret choice!
4.)Impressive speed!

Here is where half your squad got killed.

PURPLE HEART
1.)String traverse: It's hard, believe me I know. Look at 0:14, and 0:21 on the video. When shifting between strings and trying to maintain consistent speed/strike, any flaws will show up in a big way. The good news is, it's fixed with some more running of the bit.
2.)Drift: Just to show how well you can stick to a given count, try to play with a metronome click or even drum click track in the background and only speed up when it speeds up so show you can LOCK in to a given time signature.

In short, WELL DONE BUT YOUR NOT DONE YET! Take another pass at this one and focus on string traverse and higher frets as those are hard sometimes, and on locking to a given tempo/click. Shoot one more Vid and SLAY THE ENEMY!

FIGHT! I mean, PRACTICE!
Todd

QUOTE (Bascuthach @ May 3 2012, 06:12 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 4 2012, 03:33 AM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
May 4 2012, 06:21 PM
ph34r.gif Will Do Bas, Wait thats ME, JK, Lots of Practice for I want to prefect it ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
May 7 2012, 07:28 PM
TechWith Todd Lesson 1

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
May 9 2012, 12:34 AM
TechWith Todd Lesson 2

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 9 2012, 03:38 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! Private you has passed the first test on your journey to be a RAVING NUT of a Shredder! The road is long, but journey is worth taking. Here is your first MISSION BADGE! The first of many I'm sure!
Attached Image

QUOTE (Bascuthach @ May 3 2012, 06:12 PM) *

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
May 9 2012, 04:29 AM
I could not help to notice that you quoted on my old vid, also I have posted my second vid, I will redo as soon as I can, as this vid was made some time back

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 8 2012, 07:38 PM) *
CONGRATULATIONS! Private you has passed the first test on your journey to be a RAVING NUT of a Shredder! The road is long, but journey is worth taking. Here is your first MISSION BADGE! The first of many I'm sure!
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 10 2012, 03:32 AM
QUOTE (Bascuthach @ May 8 2012, 11:29 PM) *
I could not help to notice that you quoted on my old vid, also I have posted my second vid, I will redo as soon as I can, as this vid was made some time back

One vid at a time smile.gif I gotta approve one before we can move on to the next, but well done posting the next one! The Mission Badge goes up by one for mission, so the next one will have another mission badge. smile.gif I"ll put my drill instructor hat on and take a peek your second mission vid!

CONGRATS ON LIVING LONG ENOUGH TO FACE MISSION 2!

After a post-mortem review of your performance on the field of Battle, here is what we have.

MEDAL OF HONOR
3.)Wide range of fret choice!

All the basics are covered, so moving on to...

Here is where half your squad got killed!

PURPLE HEART
1.)Higher Frets - Start at the 12th fret and work up!
2.)Push it a bit harder Private! You have good control and clean picking, push the speed just a bit farther!

Your next Mission Badge awaits!

FIGHT! I mean, PRACTICE!
Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 17 2012, 05:21 AM
NNIIIIIIIICCCEEE!

I wanted to give you a bit of time to enjoy your first badge so I held off a bit on this but man, WELL DONE!

MEDAL OF HONOR
3.)Tight Control of pick hand and it's nice and planted to the Bridge, never drifts, AWESOME!
4.)Impressive speed!

In short Soldier YOU FREAKING CRUSHED IT! Onward TO BATTLE!

Attached Image

Congrats!
Todd

QUOTE (Bascuthach @ May 8 2012, 07:34 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 17 2012, 05:23 AM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
May 19 2012, 07:33 PM
cool.gif Thank You Thank You, Shall we move on? cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
May 27 2012, 01:46 AM
What am I doing? Im lost with out my instructor telling me what to do... I need directions here.... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 27 2012, 09:31 PM
QUOTE (Bascuthach @ May 26 2012, 08:46 PM) *
What am I doing? Im lost with out my instructor telling me what to do... I need directions here.... smile.gif

Soldier you are on a MISSION! smile.gif Actually several MISSIONS. As you complete one mission/lesson, start on the next! So Do one Lesson/Mission at at time, making a video example for each workout in a given lesson. If there are four examples, then you have to master all four and make videos so it gets CRAZY hard later on. For now, there are mostly one example per lesson. So start on your next!

All of the lessons/Missions are listed at the bottom of this page in the wiki! Get Moving Solider!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...-_Shred_Journey

Todd

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
May 28 2012, 12:43 AM
Sir Yes Sir, for I do not wish to move on with out being ready Sir, My Mission is to be the best of the best and you will take me there Sir, if its not good enough I will practice it till my fingers bleed Sir

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 4 2012, 02:49 AM
Sorry for the delay Soldier! To ensure smoother reaction time on the part of your Drill Instructor (me), be sure to shoot me a PM whenever you complete a mission so that I know to check your THREAD OF DEATH for new Mission!

One to the DeBrief!

SOLDIER YOU RAWK! This is well played!
-Right hand planted firm on bridge
-Good pick strikes! Nice and clean!
-Speed Kills! Nice and fast!

You even did DOUBLES and TRIPLES! The only complaint I'd have is with the triple picking being a tad off set to the metronome but that's understandable as triples are hard to match to 4/4 time. You played with consistency and that's all that really matters to me. WELLL DONE!

Congratulations Soldier! You have BEEN PROMOTED! YOUR ARE OUR FIRST 3rd MISSION MONSTER!

Attached Image

Attached Image

On to MISSION 4!

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 4 2012, 04:34 AM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jun 4 2012, 03:57 AM
Sir no Sir for I am on Mission 4 Sir, here is Mission 4 Sir

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Jun 4 2012, 03:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 4 2012, 04:35 AM
Sorry for the TYPO Soldier! I just awarded you the MISSION 3 badge so of course it's time for 4! Good eye Soldier!

I"ll have a look at your latest Mission of Death!

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jun 3 2012, 10:57 PM) *
Sir no Sir for I am on Mission 4 Sir, here is Mission 4 Sir

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jun 14 2012, 06:20 AM
Sir all good Sir, Sir mission 4 Sir if I may Sir

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2012, 04:27 AM
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jun 14 2012, 01:20 AM) *
Sir all good Sir, Sir mission 4 Sir if I may Sir

On to the DeBrief!

SOLDIER YOU RAWK! This is well played!
-Right hand planted firm on bridge
-Good pick strikes! Nice and clean!
-Speed Kills! Nice and fast!

You hit all the needed marks on the course of DEATH! SPIFF! Here comes OUR FIRST LEVEL 4 MISSION BADGE!

NIIIIIIICE!!!!!

Attached Image

ON TO MISSION 5 SOLDIER! FACE DEATH AND COME OUT A VICTOR!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 20 2012, 04:29 AM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jun 24 2012, 07:06 AM
OK Mission 5, Here it is wink.gif

I notice I play faster than others, am i really that good? Dont get me wrong I know Im not Great wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Jun 24 2012, 07:23 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:22 AM