12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Bascuthach's Bootcamp!, Let the Training Begin!
Bas Cuthach
Oct 23 2015, 06:09 PM
GMC:er

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 23 2015, 09:27 PM
WELL FOUGHT SOLDIER!! Bonus Points for SEASONAL GRAPHICS & COSTUME!!!

I must say Soldier, this is VERY impressive. You continue to dig deep and come correct with the AGGRESSIVE STYLE!!!

Let's DEBRIEF!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)TIGHT right and left hand synchronization!
2.)PLANTED right hand for a solid mute.
3.)PPRECISION picking with AGGRESSION to spare.

Keep up the fight Soldier!!!! You are on a Roll!!

Soldier!!! You have just .....

!!!!LEVELED UP, AGAIN!!!!

Not to mention you STILL remain our .......
HIGHEST RANKING SOLDIER

Attached Image

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Oct 23 2015, 01:09 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 23 2015, 09:28 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 29 2016, 10:20 PM
Some bad news Soldier! You are no longer our "HIGHEST RANKING" Soldier. GMCER FZALFA is now "Top Kick" @ Level 32. I have to take the Top Rank star off your badge. Not to worry, you still have a fine rank and I'm sure you can get your spot back with a bit of work!!!

Sarge

here is your new badge

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 31 2016, 06:13 AM
MISSION IN ACTION?

Sarge here Soldier. I just wanted to touch base to see if you are OK? I have not heard from you in a while and wanted to reach out smile.gif I'll shoot you a PM as well!

Practice!

Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 31 2016, 06:15 AM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jun 16 2017, 07:23 PM
I'm coming back soon. Sounds like I have some homework.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 16 2017, 09:02 PM
Life is a busy thing but bootcamp is always here for you Soldier!! You were doing quite well. Looking forward to your return!

Sarge

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jun 16 2017, 02:23 PM) *
I'm coming back soon. Sounds like I have some homework.

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Sep 13 2017, 04:13 PM
i thought i made it past lesson 30, ok lesson 29, looking up and starting to practice, soon i shall have a video =D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 14 2017, 12:01 AM
Looking forward to it Soldier smile.gif You and Fzalfa are in a fight for the top spot!

Sarge

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Sep 13 2017, 11:13 AM) *
i thought i made it past lesson 30, ok lesson 29, looking up and starting to practice, soon i shall have a video =D

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
May 18 2018, 06:39 PM
testing out an idea of recording with my phone smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 19 2018, 06:43 PM
That's more than enough quality audio/video for Bootcamp. Looks like you got the lick in the first pass on the first bit you played smile.gif Nice! So yeah, that works. Do you wanna submit this one as your next bootcamp vid? Just make sure you play each example in a given lesson as written at least once, per usual, and then you can go nuts. smile.gif
Todd
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ May 18 2018, 01:39 PM) *
testing out an idea of recording with my phone smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
May 23 2018, 11:03 PM
Sure, i will let it slide for that lesson, moving on smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 24 2018, 06:32 AM
Nice! You are back in the game and on a Roll Soldier!!! Two for Two since you've been back!! The only small gripe I"d have is using the middle finger on the first lick instead of the one closer to the pinky, but that's really just preference, so it's not gonna slow us down!!! Onward to the Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR
*MUTE: Still on point. Good to see you haven't lost anything on that front!!
*STRIKES: Quick and Clean. Also good to see this battle is still yours for the taking!
*PACE: Even and steady as a heart beat. You have not lost a thing Soldier!!!
You have re entered the Battle and started Kicking Butt and Taking Names. It's good to see you in action again Soldier!!! Don't lose your momentum!! You were the board leader for quite some time. It's yours for the taking Soldier!!!
In short you just
LEVELED UP!!!!!!
Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ May 23 2018, 06:03 PM) *
Sure, i will let it slide for that lesson, moving on smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jun 2 2018, 09:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 4 2018, 02:23 AM
Great to see you back in the fight Soldier!!! Great to see you keeping your momentum and DRILLING AND KILLING! This mission requires a CRAZY stretch and PINKY POWER! Those two things together can put any Soldier to the test!! You tore through it like a hot knife through butter. I don't even think you broke a sweat! This stuff might be too easy for you Soldier!! Let's debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*PINKY POWER: This Mission requires PINKY POWER and you have it in spades Soldier!!!
*STRETCH FROM HELL: Also requires a CRAZY long stretch. You breezed through it!
*STICKING THE LANDING: If you don't stick the landing (nail the pinky notes) on any of these licks, they sound awful. Good news is you stuck the landing every time!!!
You nailed every stretch, stuck every landing, and made short work of this one Soldier!! I"m impressed, I gotta say! None of these licks are easy, but you made it look easy!! Don't worry, harder stuff is on the way Soldier!!
In other words you just.....
LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

Keep it up Soldier!!
Sarge

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jun 2 2018, 04:19 PM) *

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jul 3 2018, 01:30 AM
Awesome =D Thanks for the advice from previous lessons, i have been working on my new found skills, practice almost every day, slowly making my way up hill, and now the next mission smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2018, 02:26 AM
Look at him go! This one has several bits that you must get correct in order to move on. The good news here is that you are clearly way more advanced than this Mission requires. I fear this stuff may just be far too easy for your Soldier!!!! You may have to start doing multiple missions at once just to get an adequate challenge!!!
You clearly have a good handle on all the techniques I'm trying to get you to focus on in these drills. If you had any gaps in these techniques, they would stick out like a sore thumb. But nope!!! Let's debrief!..

MEDALS OF HONOR
*QUIET AS DEATH: Very nice muting using both left and right hands. I don't hear any unwanted string noise wrecking the drills. I hate unwanted string noise soldier! I"ve been known to send folks back to the wood shed just for that! None here, well done!
*SYNCH LIKE A MACHINE: Right and left hand are stuck on the same clock like glue!! That's what I wanna see. I don't wanna see a strike, then see a fret happen just after, again, that would get you sent back to the shed. Good news, none of that!!! Also well done.
*PRECISION: You attack each drill and play it at speed without any sort of timidness or sheepishness. This is what I like to see. Dive in and get those fingers moving!!!!
Soldier, you are more than ready for what lies ahead, feel free to start taking these missions on two or three at a time until you reach a point where you feel challenged. Well played and you just ...
LEVELED UP!!!

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jul 2 2018, 08:30 PM) *
Awesome =D Thanks for the advice from previous lessons, i have been working on my new found skills, practice almost every day, slowly making my way up hill, and now the next mission smile.gif
Attached Image

Sarge

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Oct 11 2018, 05:54 PM

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Oct 11 2018, 06:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 12 2018, 01:28 AM
It's great to See you Back in the Fight Soldier!!!! You were leading the pack in Bootcamp for quite some time!!!! You jumped back in on a really tough bit with a serious stretch and one that makes you stick the landing with the pinky over and over again. You have the lower strings going just fine. It seems that on the B and High E you are losing traction. It could be hand synch or not a full fretting But about 7 seconds on the second video you can probably see what I'm talking about. I know you can play this lick as I've seen you play licks very similar in the past. One quick tip, your picking hand seems weighted toward the lower strings so it's losing reach on the high strings, as if your fretting hand. Place both hands as if you were going to be playing everything using only the D string. That puts both hands just about dead center and keep the thumb dead center on the back of the neck. That way you have enough balance on both sides to traverse every string.

I know you can play this Soldier!! You are just back in the fight so give it one more go and you've got this!!!!
Sarge

secon
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Oct 11 2018, 12:54 PM) *

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Oct 13 2018, 10:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 14 2018, 04:44 AM
You can clearly shred this bit, but for the purposes of the recorded takes, there is no bonus for speed. It's all about being able to play with precision since this lick is very very very long. You are killing it until about 5 seconds in. Watch it again and you can hear the open string where you momentarily lost mute and missed a strike but if you slow down just a pinch you can nail this. Once you have badged up, add this bit to your warm up and you'll probably be playing it at 300 BPM in no time at all. It just takes a bit of repetition. Ben has a "burst" approach where he suggests playing perhaps the first 3 strings fast, then the rest slow and adding more string as fast as you go. This is yet another good way to increase your overall speed in increments. For the purpose of the Mission video, I need the entire thing done without a single mistake which is what makes bootcamp so darn hard. Slow down just a bit and focus on each note and you'll be badged up and on to the next thing. I am glad to see you digging back in!! Give me one slower take and your leveled up~
Sarge
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Oct 13 2018, 05:51 PM) *

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:02 AM