12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Bascuthach's Bootcamp!, Let the Training Begin!
Todd Simpson
Nov 6 2012, 06:16 AM
GMC:er
SOLDIER! You did a fine job on Lesson 134! You are well prepped for 135! We are going to take that crazy stretch Tripeggio thing and turn it in to an actual guitar part! This one is a bit more in line with the minor scale but uses the same hand position. Here is a preview!

http://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/134-stretchtripeggioincontext

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 26 2012, 11:58 PM
SOLDIER!!!

You are our highest ranking fighter, and I wanted to ask about your progress on lesson 10!!! Give em hell!!

Todd

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 20 2012, 11:23 PM) *
CONGRATULATIONS SOLDIER! You just made the grade! You have officially .....

LEVELED UP!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Good Speed
2.)Clean Strikes
3.)Consistent fretting.
4.)Effective use of the weakest link in the chain (The Pinky!)

You are again to be Honored with our

HIGHEST RANKING BADGE IN ALL OF BOOTCAMP!!!

[attachment=29276:bas9.jpg]

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Nov 27 2012, 02:47 AM
Mission 10 as Granted, this was recorded when I was a young lad, I have been to war and back since I made this

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 27 2012, 04:01 AM
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Nov 26 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Mission 10 as Granted, this was recorded when I was a young lad, I have been to war and back since I made this

Well fought Soldier!!!!!! I have viewed your combat footage and I have to tell you.

SUPER KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Good Precision/Speed
2.)Clean Strikes
3.)Killer hand Synch

Your progress is impressive soldier! Keep em coming!!!! You are still our HIGHEST RANKED SOLDIER!!!

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Dec 8 2012, 05:49 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 10 2012, 06:11 AM
SOLDIER!! This is REALLY WELL FOUGHT!!! You are going above and beyond with your spiff Double Picking here. It's really nice work! Understand when I say I have a weapons grade respect for your playing and the effort you are putting in. I feel like I"m reporting a death in the family to tell you that the second bit, around 19 seconds, is the only thing keeping you from the Vaunted Rank of LEVEL 11 (Which will be our FIRST Level 11 Mission Badge Ever), is the metronome. You are playing in a fine manner, at time index :19, it's just not tied to the metronome as much as it should be. Your timing is solid. It's just a slightly different timing than the metronome. I Know you can synch to the clicks. There may be too many clicks going on actually. If you don't need them, reduce the number of clicks by cutting the metronome speed in half. Count the time in your head and use the clicks just for reference. You should be able to hear the missing clicks in your head.

Give this one more ASSAULT soldier and be our FIRST TO BREACH 11!!!!!

Old Sarge
Todd

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Dec 7 2012, 11:49 PM) *

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 10 2012, 02:22 PM
Good news! The MISSION ROOM (The Wiki Lessons) Are BACK!! Training can resume smile.gif

Thanks BOGDAN For following up on this and getting it worked out!!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Dec 13 2012, 10:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 20 2012, 05:34 PM
Well fought Solidier!! In the first video you KILLED IT!!!!!!! And I was about to go and fetch your new RANK BADGE but then..... I saw the second vid and while I applaud your shear cahones!!!!! You were lagging the metronome just enough to throw off your Drill Sarge. I really like to see you pushing yourself! Re Record the second video (Suicide Run Speed) and shave a bit off the tempo. Also, do a pass of Double Picking!!!!

FIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Dec 13 2012, 04:49 PM) *

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Dec 22 2012, 12:00 AM
ok so I backed it off a little, and I relaxed a little smile.gif Double Picking, I forgot the Double Picking, oh NOOOO, If I must, Sir, Permission to skip the double picking sir for my hand is tired sir

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 22 2012, 02:39 AM
Well fought Soldier!!! Due to your performance on the Battlefield and the fact that I can see BLOOD on the fret board, we can let you off on DOUBLES this time, and this time only!!!! smile.gif

As for your performance on this MISSION. Soldier you KILLLLLEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Olympic Precision!
2.)Clean/Brutal Strikes!
4.)Spiff Stretch!!!!

You really knocked em DEAD Soldier!

You remain our TOP RANKED SNIPER!!!!!!

!!!!!PROMOTED!!!!!

[attachment=29941:killingit_Bascu.jpg]

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Dec 21 2012, 06:00 PM) *
ok so I backed it off a little, and I relaxed a little smile.gif Double Picking, I forgot the Double Picking, oh NOOOO, If I must, Sir, Permission to skip the double picking sir for my hand is tired sir

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 22 2012, 02:39 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 22 2012, 03:28 AM
SOLDIER!!! Just wanted to point out that your BOOT CAMP thread has over 2,600 views!! Have a look at this.

Attached Image

Your bootcamp is drawing a crowd!!!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Dec 22 2012, 04:34 AM
That's Not Enough, I Need Lots Lots More smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Dec 23 2012, 10:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 30 2012, 05:39 AM
Well fought Soldier! After your performance today in Chat, I want to see you play DOUBLES!!!!! Maybe Quads!!!! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Dec 23 2012, 04:56 PM) *

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jan 6 2013, 10:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 9 2013, 06:16 AM
SOLDIER THAT WAS DIRECTLY IN ..... THE...... KILLLLLLLZZZZZZOOOOOONNNNEEE!!!!

BADGE OF HONOR
1.)Single Picking has been demoted to PRIVATE!
2.)Great Precision
3.)Assassins Creed Hand Synch!!

In short Soldier, you just LEEVEEEELLLLLEEEEDDDD UUUUUUPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

BONUS MEDALION:

I"ve added the "STAR OF FREEDOM" Medal to the right side of your shield as you remain our HIGHEST RANKING SOLDIER!!!!

Attached Image

Congratulations Soldier and BACK TO THE FRONT!!!!

Sarge.

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jan 6 2013, 04:33 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 9 2013, 06:23 AM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jan 14 2013, 06:45 PM
Im not highest ranking, Im just first to climb this mountain, there will be many that follow, there will be those that push harder than me, and those that give up on a short coming, this is not a race, this is me simply challenging myself, Here is the next mission

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 16 2013, 12:45 AM
Well said soldier!!!! It's not a race and you really are only competing with yourself. The "Top Sniper" badge is simply recognition of being the first of the group to reach new ground. The badge is not permanent, it will shift to whomever is currently reaching the newest ground.

On to the debrief!! I've started watching these and sleeping on it, then watching again and I've found it gives me a better idea of the results and performance. After watching yours a few times now, I wanted to say that your ASCENDING bit is WONDERFUL!!!! Good technique and precision, followed by brisk speed and good control as well as fine mute control with no sympathetic string vibration. NICE!!!

However, on the DESCENDING bit.

HALF YOUR SQUAD GOT KILLED
1.)Right hand not fully planted military style on the bridge.
2.)Sympathetic string vibrations causing extra string noise

You nailed the playing entirely, well done! But Your muting on the descending bit still needs some work. I'd say re-fight this battle and focus less on the speed than on the muting and keeping string noise down. You RAWK soldier!! And are just a few shots away from your next Level.

FIGHT ON!!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jan 14 2013, 12:45 PM) *
Im not highest ranking, Im just first to climb this mountain, there will be many that follow, there will be those that push harder than me, and those that give up on a short coming, this is not a race, this is me simply challenging myself, Here is the next mission

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jan 22 2013, 09:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:40 AM