> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Sumit's Chords And Melodies
sumitnxt
Jun 8 2013, 03:53 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
thanks for the video cosmin, i shall let you know soon about my progress smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 8 2013, 09:34 AM
Instructor
Glad I could help! Please do and whatever you practice, take time to understand and then execute, ok? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jun 8 2013, 10:01 AM
sure smile.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jul 3 2013, 07:11 AM
hi cosmin,
thanks a lot for the guidance on alternate picking.
please review my rec of muris - jumping around beginners

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 3 2013, 08:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Jul 3 2013, 06:11 AM) *
hi cosmin,
thanks a lot for the guidance on alternate picking.
please review my rec of muris - jumping around beginners

Hey matey! I am on it wink.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jul 3 2013, 08:57 AM
just read your comments on my take. regarding the effect - i do have to orignal video without the effect . would it help if i replace the video? Although even in the orignal video the right hand is missing. Regarding vibrato - i will work on it thanks.

Edit -
Going to post a retake with both hands this time smile.gif

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Jul 3 2013, 09:10 AM

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jul 3 2013, 05:55 PM
TAKE 2 POSTED

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p=0&#entry0

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2013, 10:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Jul 3 2013, 04:55 PM) *

Right on it mate smile.gif And regarding the vibrato - why not take a look at this video? Focus on ONE note and learn your vibrato technique on it:

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 4 2013, 10:53 AM

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jul 15 2013, 08:09 AM
hi cosmin, you had suggestied m audio fastrack mk2 for recording guitar and mic.
unfortunately m audio has stopped developing the fastrack device.

According to my suitable budget range, i am being suggested this product.

https://www.icondigitalusa.com/content/micu-solo

this does not record mic and guitar at the same time but one at a time . what do you think about it ?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 16 2013, 08:24 AM
Instructor
Hey Sumit!

It looks ok'ish, but about the recording part - this is entirely up to you and to sum things up:

- either you get this one, being totally conscious that you won't be able to use it for recording both guitar and vocals at the same time
- either you search for something in the same price range that offers this feature as well, such as:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/emu_0204_usb.htm - one of my friends has this one and he is very happy with it
http://www.thomann.de/gb/focusrite_scarlett_2i2.htm - I received recommendations about this one here on the forum
http://www.thomann.de/gb/maudio_fast_track_c400.htm - this one looks too fancy not to be good laugh.gif - kidding, but it seemed fair priced for all it offers

Let me know on what you decide to get wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jul 16 2013, 01:44 PM
These two options are cheaper for me compared to your links. can you check it out ?

m_audio_m_track.htm

roland tricapture

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Jul 16 2013, 02:00 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 17 2013, 09:13 AM
Instructor
I dunno man... I mean, I haven't heard anything about them... so I wouldn't know what to say, but hey why not wait a bit more and get one of the ones I have shown you - for 50 euros more, at least you would know where you stand smile.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jul 20 2013, 09:30 PM
yeah you are right, about that. I'll probably go with focusrite when i can afford it.
before buying though can you tell me , would i be able to use software's like guiar rig and amplitube such that i would be able to hear the processed sound from these softwares ( i.e. computer speaker ) with enough low latency that it would appear to me while playing the guitar that i am using a hardware effect processor. This is one of the crucial reasons for me to buy an audio interface. otherwise i might consider buying a guitar tone / effect producer at this time and later invest on recording.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 21 2013, 08:40 AM
Instructor
Hey Sumit, yes, of course you will - it also depends on your computer - the more powerful it is, the better they will work (i.e. faster response etc.). In my opinion, this is a very beneficial step - getting an audio interface and learning how to use a DAW such as Cubase or Reaper or Logic, or any other which is popular and you happen to like, alongside guitar oriented pluggins.

Look at the specifications on each pluggin and software that you plan on using in order to see the needed configuration for the PC - if there are any necessary upgrades, you will know and make them at the right time.

Buying an effects processor would not be a good step, if you are to ask me, because it limits your possibilities immensely in comparison to having an audio interface and the freedom of software usage. Plus, recording is crucial for your evolution.

These being said, you know what you have to do in order to make a right step for yourself wink.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jul 25 2013, 06:59 AM
hi cosmin,

bought focusrite scarlett 2i2 . very happy with it. thanks for all help you gave regarding this.

I would like to share my next long distance goal with you. I have seen many guitar contests going on in youtube. I would like to participate in it. within 2 years time i wan't to win one of these competition. Now i know very well that these guitarists have been practicing for years. and i take that as a challenge. I think its possible. I know i am just a beginner right now but its just like climbing a huge mountain you always start at the beginning and if you have the right attitude and right trainer nothing can stop you. I think i have both wink.gif. Let get started from today. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 25 2013, 08:18 AM
Instructor
Hey Sumit, glad to have been of help and thank you for your nice thoughts smile.gif

Now, in order to be able to participate in such a competition, you need to be able to create music basically - this involves good lead playing technique combined with theoretical knowledge, great rhythm and last but most important, a good ear.

So, as I see it - 2 years of hard work can get you far, but do not make a goal out of a competition, when it comes to music smile.gif be there for the thrill of the competition but do not let the chances of losing, beat you down from your path. Music is a friend that will stay with you all your life and if you put your friend in danger, you might lose him for good.

Now, I will need you to make video recordings of the tasks I will give you, so that your progress will be faster - the more I see and hear the stuff you are doing, the better I will be able to tell you what you need to work on, ok?

I suggest we tackle the following:

- ear training
- theory
- rhythm
- alternate picking and legato
- articulation - bending and vibrato
- applying theoretical concepts

I think there are the essential things you need to have under your thumb before going on any musical road smile.gif

How does it sound to you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jul 25 2013, 08:29 AM
great!!..

I would suggest one thing that would also speed up the process. when it comes to stuff like theory , scales etc. instead of you yourself teaching me all small bits. just make small goals for me i have hundreds of lessons available with me that i have gathered with time i would try to learn my self and then you can put me to an examination.

I cannot agree more with you that music is a friend and not taking winning the competition too seriously. Infact the paradox is the people who treat music as a friend tend to win these competitions rather than those who wan't to win. Am i right ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 25 2013, 08:54 AM
Instructor
Alright - but keep in mind that you need to be very disciplined in order to be able to cover the small parts that make up the big ensemble, ok?

For instance, let's begin with theory and as a main goal let's try this: learn the notes in the major scale in every key until next month on the 25th of August smile.gif

Steps:

1) Learn how to apply the major scale formula from each key - W W H W W W H
2) Write down each note of each major scale you discover in each key
3) Learn the scales based on intervals - i.e. each note can be associated with a number - the scale steps and when I will ask you which is the 6th in the E major scale, you will be able to tell me that the answer is C#

What say you? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jul 25 2013, 09:02 AM
ok sounds good

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 25 2013, 09:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Jul 25 2013, 08:02 AM) *
ok sounds good

Chop, chop! Let's get to it then!

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:38 PM