3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
New Instructor: Guido Bungenstock
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 25 2014, 08:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guido Bungenstock @ Feb 24 2014, 06:33 PM) *
As you see there's really nothing special about my gear. It's all about the fingers( and the feel, the taste and the experience....) I know this is said millions of times but it's still true. I can't help it. laugh.gif
The only advice i can give if you want to emulate a specific playing style is this:
Don't just copy it but try to feel like the player himself you want to sound like. And then later on find your own voice. If this sound a bit like your great heroes: WHY NOT? There's nothing wrong about it!
Lukather sometimes sounds like Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck too
Malmsteen sometimes sounds like Ritchie Blackmore too.
Johhny Hiland sometimes sound like Danny Gatton too.
etc. etc.

Very well said smile.gif I also think that tone is not only in the hands but in the ear as well - in order to emulate a style, you need to listen to that player and to your instrument in order to figure out how hard/soft, blunt/expressive to play - it's a long discussion, but ears and hands and soul - they make the golden trio smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Feb 25 2014, 10:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 25 2014, 08:39 AM) *
Very well said smile.gif I also think that tone is not only in the hands but in the ear as well - in order to emulate a style, you need to listen to that player and to your instrument in order to figure out how hard/soft, blunt/expressive to play - it's a long discussion, but ears and hands and soul - they make the golden trio smile.gif

Exactly, Cosmin!
The ears, the ears! OMG how could I forgot this! :-D

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 26 2014, 11:49 AM
Instructor
To me, ear training is one of the most important things to practice - it is a vital link between head and hands smile.gif

I often notice people desperately trying to look at a player's hands while performing, instead of focusing on the music - if you train them well, the ears will help you much more than your eyes, into figuring out a piece of music. I found that out, by simply humming along with a tune and when the melody got into my system, I discovered could find the notes by myself smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Feb 26 2014, 11:50 AM

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Feb 26 2014, 12:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 26 2014, 11:49 AM) *
To me, ear training is one of the most important things to practice - it is a vital link between head and hands smile.gif

I often notice people desperately trying to look at a player's hands while performing, instead of focusing on the music - if you train them well, the ears will help you much more than your eyes, into figuring out a piece of music. I found that out, by simply humming along with a tune and when the melody got into my system, I discovered could find the notes by myself smile.gif

I absolutely agree with you and I always do it this way since the beginning.

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 27 2014, 08:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guido Bungenstock @ Feb 26 2014, 11:04 AM) *
I absolutely agree with you and I always do it this way since the beginning.

Well, I was in the other camp for a long time tongue.gif I learned things the hard way let's say. But the spark came once I was trying to sort something out and thought - 'Hey, this phrase could sound interesting if I changed this and this...' - and then slowly, I started picking things up by ear, because I was not happy with the hand positions that some tabs showed... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Feb 28 2014, 06:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 27 2014, 08:46 AM) *
Well, I was in the other camp for a long time tongue.gif I learned things the hard way let's say. But the spark came once I was trying to sort something out and thought - 'Hey, this phrase could sound interesting if I changed this and this...' - and then slowly, I started picking things up by ear, because I was not happy with the hand positions that some tabs showed... smile.gif

Great to hear you're going the "easy" way now.

@all,
At the moment I'm working on a new Jeff Beck Style lesson.
The funny thing is that I first was searching for some nice jazz chords but I couldn't find the right ones. And then finally I said to myself just go back to the roots, man, why making it so complicated. And then i got something REALLY cool.
It will contain a lot of whammy bar tricks, harmonics, tapping, a bit of shredding and some weird stuff too.... :-D

I should call this:

JEFF BECK ON CAFFEINE! biggrin.gif

So stay tuned.....

This post has been edited by Guido Bungenstock: Feb 28 2014, 06:51 PM

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2014, 08:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guido Bungenstock @ Feb 28 2014, 05:50 PM) *
Great to hear you're going the "easy" way now.

@all,
At the moment I'm working on a new Jeff Beck Style lesson.
The funny thing is that I first was searching for some nice jazz chords but I couldn't find the right ones. And then finally I said to myself just go back to the roots, man, why making it so complicated. And then i got something REALLY cool.
It will contain a lot of whammy bar tricks, harmonics, tapping, a bit of shredding and some weird stuff too.... :-D

I should call this:

JEFF BECK ON CAFFEINE! biggrin.gif

So stay tuned.....

Jeff Beck is one of my favorites biggrin.gif Looking forward to see what you have in store for us, Guido!

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Mar 1 2014, 12:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 1 2014, 08:54 AM) *
Jeff Beck is one of my favorites biggrin.gif Looking forward to see what you have in store for us, Guido!

Thx Cosmin! He's mine too. A living legend!!

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:35 PM