Finally Saw The New Star Wars!
Todd Simpson
Apr 2 2016, 03:33 AM
GMC:er
Been a bit busy but finally got a chance to see the new Star Wars and yet's it's amazing. JJ ABRAHMS has now rebooted the two most legendary SCI FI franchises of all time and done a darn fine job of it. Best part for me was MAX VON SYDOW! I know you have no idea who he is, but he was in some of the best cult classic sci fi movies of all time including DUNE and FLASH GORDON (1980) among others. I had no idea he was in the film.

It starts strong and keeps going. Thank goodness JJ was picked to do it. IT feels modern but still connects to old school. I bought it through the pS4 network complete with extra bits. So now it lives on my Special Edition Star Wars PS4 just as it should smile.gif It's the small things in life smile.gif

Attached Image

Bought the PS4 to play BATTLE FRONT. Which is like having your own therapist, but from Star Wars.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 2 2016, 03:35 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Gitarrero
Apr 2 2016, 10:23 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
It sure is a great movie and as a long time Star Wars fan, I'm glad they picked up the franchise again!
Also looking forward to the next Star Trek. It is a great time to be a nerd biggrin.gif

I saw Batman V Superman yesterday and sadly, it didn't quite live up to my expectations after all the hype about that movie.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 2 2016, 11:10 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
yeah! I saw it on new years eve. When normal people were being sociable and having fun, I went to the latest screening I could find.
It was really awesome.

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Apr 2 2016, 10:23 AM) *
It sure is a great movie and as a long time Star Wars fan, I'm glad they picked up the franchise again!
Also looking forward to the next Star Trek. It is a great time to be a nerd biggrin.gif

I saw Batman V Superman yesterday and sadly, it didn't quite live up to my expectations after all the hype about that movie.

Ive never liked any of the superman movies. He the most boring superhero ever mellow.gif The new Deadpool movie however is most epic. Definitely the best comicbook movie Ive seen.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 2 2016, 03:37 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Yes, the newest Star Wars is quite awesome! smile.gif Makes the episode I-III movies look shameful.

Love what Abrahms did with the movie giving it the classic Star Wars feeling. Everything from casting to visual and storyline is very good. Its too bad Abrahms won't be involved with he next Star Wars movies.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 2 2016, 05:19 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 1 2016, 05:33 PM) *
Been a bit busy but finally got a chance to see the new Star Wars and yet's it's amazing. JJ ABRAHMS has now rebooted the two most legendary SCI FI franchises of all time and done a darn fine job of it. Best part for me was MAX VON SYDOW! I know you have no idea who he is, but he was in some of the best cult classic sci fi movies of all time including DUNE and FLASH GORDON (1980) among others. I had no idea he was in the film.

It starts strong and keeps going. Thank goodness JJ was picked to do it. IT feels modern but still connects to old school. I bought it through the pS4 network complete with extra bits. So now it lives on my Special Edition Star Wars PS4 just as it should smile.gif It's the small things in life smile.gif

Attached Image

Bought the PS4 to play BATTLE FRONT. Which is like having your own therapist, but from Star Wars.

I was browsing movies on the PS4 last night and saw that Star Wars was available. I was tempted but I think I am going to wait for a hard copy. Also waiting for the complete Star Wars set, including this most recent movie in Blu Ray. I saw the entire collection on sale yesterday excluding the latest movie for $100.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 2 2016, 07:45 PM
Exciting to watch my kid get into it! I told him he has a solid 20 years worth of sequels to look forward to.

*I'm kinda over it at this point but I did enjoy the continuing story ... or, the re-boot and starting over again.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Apr 3 2016, 01:32 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I love the gritty look of it and Rey rocks! But....

The story has plot holes you could drive a truck through. It makes very little sense compared to other star wars movies. The only thing I can figure is it was originally at least 30 minutes longer and made sense. That was too long, so they cut it down to make the length more palatable, but at the cost of making the story laughably incoherent.

Old joke:

BUILDING INSPECTOR: What's this called?
DARTH VADER:The death...
[inspector's eyes look up from his clipboard]
DARTH VADER: uh....the health star

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 3 2016, 11:50 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I was very dissapointed with this latest film. I'm a life time star wars addict, I own all movies on VHS-DVD-BR, have watched them all a million times, I have even watched the whole six movies in one sit, along with another SW geek friend of mine. I have a damned collection of lightsabers. Right. And miniatures. And games.

In my not so humble opinion Disney just killed SW.

Kylo Ren is the worst Sith wannabe I've ever witness. He destroys stuff with his light saber as if a child when he is angry. WTH?. His face made half the audience LOL when he removes the mask. Please, keep it on, Kylo. Thanks. He can't even kill right a useless stormtrooper in a saber fight.

Poe Dameron doesn't quite cut it either. Boooooring. Best scene he has, he's not really in it. Oh wait, yeah, he's the pilot of the awesome scene with the X-70 destroying the new order ties and troops. But he could be anyone, really.

Finn. Now, don't get me started on this one, he is the definition of dull. Each time he's on screen makes me want to sleep. He is worse than JarJar. I bet he marries JarJar great grand daughter on the next movie too. ZzzzzZzz.

Han Solo: Why OH why, wont you please retire, my dear Harrison Ford. As much as I love your movies, it's time you stop coming back to demolish your sacred trilogies (IJ Crystal Skull was a joke)
Spoiler:
... and now he makes a comeback to die in the stupidest manner. Come on. How on EARTH can Han die like just like a prick, if not in a Disney film.

Rey: Ok. Now we are talking. That was the sole savior of this movie. I love the character, and will continue watching SW to see what happens with her.

Oh, and don't forget there's not a single original idea in the whole movie. A desert planet.... again? A new death star... again? A weak point on said death star... Not sure if serious... that was a deal breaker. Seriously. Is Disney pulling my leg?

Thanks, Disney. Big thanks sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 3 2016, 12:56 PM
Learning Roadie
finaly i'll delete this movie, seem boring and useless.....

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 3 2016, 01:40 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Apr 3 2016, 01:56 PM) *

Laurent

Watch it if you haven't. It's by no means boring, it's actually a good adventures movie.

Problem is, SW should be that and much more for us that treasure it in our hearts. Not bad for those who just like SW, it seems. There are some who say they love SW that strangely enough talk well of it, too.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 4 2016, 05:42 PM
well or not a lot of thought was gone to the movie, I'm sure the whole story is already written and everything in the first movie is made to grow on 2-3.

Wasn't expecting too much and this helped enjoying it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 4 2016, 07:47 PM
Egad!! Clearly fran hated the film. I have read very similar reviews from other star wars fans as well. Still, I enjoyed it smile.gif Far more than most of the other movies I"ve seen in the past several years. I like JJ's films in general though. I liked the trek reboot too. Did star wars suffer from all the things fran mentioned? yup. But it didn' keep me from liking it as a movie. But hey that's just me smile.gif Some folks obviously did not like it. I"m looking forward to the sequels smile.gif

QUOTE (Fran @ Apr 3 2016, 05:50 AM) *
I was very dissapointed with this latest film. I'm a life time star wars addict, I own all movies on VHS-DVD-BR, have watched them

Thanks, Disney. Big thanks sad.gif

At least watch it first smile.gif
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Apr 3 2016, 06:56 AM) *

Laurent

I agree smile.gif Made 1-3 look terrible and it finally "looked" like a star wars film. Sure, it had it's problems, but after the last three awful movies, this was a treat by comparison. But you really can't make all the fans happy all the time, just read Frans review smile.gif
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 2 2016, 09:37 AM) *
Yes, the newest Star Wars is quite awesome! smile.gif Makes the episode I-III movies look shameful.

Love what Abrahms did with the movie giving it the classic Star Wars feeling. Everything from casting to visual and storyline is very good. Its too bad Abrahms won't be involved with he next Star Wars movies.

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Apr 7 2016, 08:06 AM
Learning Rock Star
Finally got around to it huh?!! haha. I saw the premiere of the original Star Wars movie in 1977 in Oakland, CA at the Grand Lake theater. It changed my life! It was an amazing experience. This "new" star wars managed to capture a lot of the old way of doing movies. 1977, if you'll recall, is about the time that Fleetwood mac finished their Rumors album and started touring / publicizing. Their rosebud film was filmed about that time. It was an amazing period in history - I'm still up in the air, given the choice between seeing the premier of Star Wars and seeing Fleetwood Mac live, which I would choose .

Did you know that Carrier Fisher had to lose like 40 lbs for that role. I think it was a contractual stipulation biggrin.gif

Chris!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 7 2016, 04:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Apr 7 2016, 08:06 AM) *

The size of Stevie Nicks' pupils during that LOL!
still sounded amazing though. 1970's Stevie Nicks was just awesome, she's still brilliant now but back then..... forget about it ohmy.gif

as for star wars... have you guys seen the 'honest' trailer for it biggrin.gif

I still thought the new one was great. Cant wait for the next one TBH.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Apr 7 2016, 07:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 7 2016, 07:51 AM) *
The size of Stevie Nicks' pupils during that LOL!
still sounded amazing though. 1970's Stevie Nicks was just awesome, she's still brilliant now but back then..... forget about it ohmy.gif

as for star wars... have you guys seen the 'honest' trailer for it biggrin.gif

I still thought the new one was great. Cant wait for the next one TBH.

Those BIG Eyes of hers! They (FMC) had just started getting into the cocaine scene while producing Rumors. If you're a Fleetwood Mac fan, you should read Ken Caillat's book "The Making of Rumors". Yep, Ken Caillat engineered the Rumors album and gives a song-by-song account of the producing of that record - awesome book. And yes, he's the father of Colbie Caillat

This post has been edited by SirJamsalot: Apr 7 2016, 07:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 7 2016, 10:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Apr 7 2016, 07:18 PM) *
Those BIG Eyes of hers! They (FMC) had just started getting into the cocaine scene while producing Rumors. If you're a Fleetwood Mac fan, you should read Ken Caillat's book "The Making of Rumors". Yep, Ken Caillat engineered the Rumors album and gives a song-by-song account of the producing of that record - awesome book. And yes, he's the father of Colbie Caillat

that looks like a really interesting book, I'll definitely grab that. I never used to listen to FMC at all until I got interested in hearing Buckingham's guitar playing ....... next thing I was under the witchy spell of Ms Nicks cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 7 2016, 11:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 8 2016, 01:31 AM
CAN"T WAIT!!!! I got the first downoad pack and I"m ready for part II smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 7 2016, 05:06 PM) *

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 8 2016, 12:14 PM
So I played through the campaign mode of BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE and I just loved it smile.gif I got it from RED BOX (little red kiosk where you rent games for $3 per day) and I didn't expect much but the action was non stop and it was just what I needed. smile.gif Here are a few shots from the slower bits, but there are tanks, epic battles etc. Worth a rental smile.gif

Here are some pics and a trailer.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Apr 10 2016, 02:23 AM
Learning Rock Star
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Don't get me started!!!!!! haha.

I'm a recovering World of Warcraft addict - Every hour spent skinning, mining, jewelcrafting, questing, raiding - was an hour not playing! This looks very tempting... dang you....

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 8 2016, 03:14 AM) *
So I played through the campaign mode of BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE and I just loved it smile.gif I got it from RED BOX (little red kiosk where you rent games for $3 per day) and I didn't expect much but the action was non stop and it was just what I needed. smile.gif Here are a few shots from the slower bits, but there are tanks, epic battles etc. Worth a rental smile.gif

Here are some pics and a trailer.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:41 AM