5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
I'm So Depressed And Now I'm In Tears., Please help me
Trond Vold
Feb 27 2008, 01:10 PM
Instructor
I was expecting it to look something like this:

Glad to see it's something repairable smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 27 2008, 01:23 PM
GMC:er
If they wanted to do it right, they would need to "blend" the paint job, which might require sanding the surrounding area of the guitar. That frozen sky paint job looks like a base coat with an accent coat sponged over the top of it. It is feasible that they could blend it pretty close, will it be 100%? Probably not, but I think you can at least get an 80% + finish where you wont' notice it until you look for it. I also thought the damage would be worse, i was expecting the bottom cut away to have broken off.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 27 2008, 01:27 PM
It looks worse because of the finish. As I said earlier my Parker wouldn't have been noticeable if it had happened to that. Because it's a random look finish I think it will look almost like new when it's done as it'd be hard to tell if a place wasn't right because of how the rest of the finish works. I hope it will be as good as new. I will post a pic when I get it back. smile.gif

And I think I'd die if any of my guitars looked like that lol

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 27 2008, 09:43 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Feb 27 2008, 06:08 AM) *
Sorry to hear about you guitar man...

Some of us are more anal about the looks of our guitars you know, I mean if my RG 20th got a ding like that I would also be very very upset.

yeah no joke, same here. But quitting for that is just ridiculous. I dont mean to offend you OC, but its what i think.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:20 PM