18 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Get A Personal Gmc Learning Plan, This will speed up progress and give you structure
liveOASISforever
Feb 7 2014, 05:27 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 7 2014, 01:23 PM) *
Hello mate!

Thank you for answering the questions - I am honored to work with you, so here are my suggestions regarding a practice schedule fit for your time and needs:

We will focus on applied theory, technique and rhythm as these pretty much encompass the things you mentioned wink.gif

So, I would go for two lessons a week and discussing theory in parallel. We should begin with the Major scale - what do you know about it so far? smile.gif I would like to keep this interactive wink.gif

In Day 1 - 4 -> Spending 4 hrs/ lesson (2 hrs each day - I thought like that as maybe you will need time for other things which you are working on - so it's best to have things set for an 'affordable time minimum' if you wish to call it like that wink.gif) in which you should:

- understand the theoretical concepts
- learn the lesson structure
- learn each part and reproduce it slowly with the metronome
- put all the parts together and practice them against the slowest available backing track
- work your way up tempo with the available backing tracks

The lessons

Technique: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/ - alternate picking combined with understanding rhythmic subdivisions. it will work wonders on you wink.gif

Rhythm: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/beginner-rock-rhythm/ - something rock n roll'ish to get the juices flowing!

Day 5-6- Revision (you practice the lesson, assuming you that you already know the structure and you can play it) - focus on timing, definition, clean playing, articulations and details!

Day 7 - Revision and recording - if you wish - and writing conclusions so that we may draw a line and see what have you learned from the lessons and of course, it's important to know that you can ask me anything you might want to know, along the way! It is not compulsory to record, but the satisfaction you will get, will be far greater when you are done with a lesson and you have set everything into place with it smile.gif

How does it sound mate?

Cosmin

This sounds great Cosmin. I am very excited about this and looking forward to seeing good results. smile.gif

Cheers Sean

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 8 2014, 08:07 AM
Instructor
Hehe, glad you like it man - let me know how it goes, ok? And don't forget my little question regarding the theory wink.gif You've seen it right?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 8 2014, 08:42 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 8 2014, 07:07 AM) *
Hehe, glad you like it man - let me know how it goes, ok? And don't forget my little question regarding the theory wink.gif You've seen it right?

Oh sorry Cosmin. I am most familiar with pentatonic scales in remembering them.As for the major scale all I really know is that it has 7 notes or eight if you include the octave.

major scale intervals are T , T , ST , T , T , T and ST. Knowing this I should be able to work out the scale patterns.

My problem with theory is that I read over things and do understand it but I don't put it into practice and then because I am not using it I forget it.

Cheers

Sean

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 8 2014, 02:17 PM
Instructor
Hey Sean smile.gif I got you man smile.gif Well then, after finishing these two lessons, I would suggest we head on to trying a lesson which involves the major scale exclusively. Aside learning it, I will also suggest some extra activities around it, deal?

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 8 2014, 02:37 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 8 2014, 01:17 PM) *
Hey Sean smile.gif I got you man smile.gif Well then, after finishing these two lessons, I would suggest we head on to trying a lesson which involves the major scale exclusively. Aside learning it, I will also suggest some extra activities around it, deal?

Sounds good to me Cosmin smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 8 2014, 03:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 8 2014, 01:37 PM) *
Sounds good to me Cosmin smile.gif

Perfect then! Waiting for you to tell me what you think about the other lessons as you go through them wink.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 8 2014, 07:50 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 8 2014, 02:19 PM) *
Perfect then! Waiting for you to tell me what you think about the other lessons as you go through them wink.gif

Hi Cosmin

A have being working on the picking hand basics lesson and have being practicing it at 90 BPM just now. I will be able to go faster but just want to get the repetition at 90 BPM to really feel that I am playing on time. Timing is my biggest issue. I do slow things down and use a metronome to try and get everything tight but it is a slow process for me.

Here is rough attempt at the lesson slowed down.

https://soundcloud.com/sean-agnew-1990/basic-picking-lesson-90bpm

The second lesson beginner rock rhythm i have started to learn. I have noticed a few mistakes in the tabs. I think keeping my hand relaxed during the palm muted picking will give me some trouble. Hopefully with some practice I can relax.

I am working with recording and trying things out and trying to learn how to use iMovie on my iMac so hopefully I will be able to get you some video recordings of me playing very soon. That way you will get a much better idea if I am doing anything wrong with my hand positioning.

Cheers Sean

This post has been edited by liveOASISforever: Feb 8 2014, 09:31 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 9 2014, 09:50 AM
Instructor
Hey there mate wink.gif

Slow is the way to go indeed!

Now, the recording you sent is definitely proving that you are on the good path - the things I'd focus on to get it shining:

- making all the notes sound as even as possible
- the triplets should sound more even
- the last part (1:08 onwards) needs more attention, as you tend to miss the last note in each group almost all the time.

It's very good that you are practicing slowly - in that way, you will make sure to have understood everything and also you will be more able to play relaxed.

Now, I am looking forward to hear more smile.gif And, no rush, ok? wink.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 9 2014, 10:01 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 9 2014, 08:50 AM) *
Hey there mate wink.gif

Slow is the way to go indeed!

Now, the recording you sent is definitely proving that you are on the good path - the things I'd focus on to get it shining:

- making all the notes sound as even as possible
- the triplets should sound more even
- the last part (1:08 onwards) needs more attention, as you tend to miss the last note in each group almost all the time.

It's very good that you are practicing slowly - in that way, you will make sure to have understood everything and also you will be more able to play relaxed.

Now, I am looking forward to hear more smile.gif And, no rush, ok? wink.gif

Yeah a did notice that a was makings mistakes with the 16th notes.I will work on that today. I get really nervous when trying to record things and do feel tense and keep thinking about when I am going to make a mistake. I am sure this will disappear when I get some more experience and feel comfortable.

Cheers Sean

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 9 2014, 10:06 AM
Instructor
Be careful mate - the power of your mind is greater than you think smile.gif The more you will visualize making mistakes - the more likely it is to happen. Why not instead, visualize how good it sounds and what notes are coming next? smile.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 9 2014, 11:00 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 9 2014, 09:06 AM) *
Be careful mate - the power of your mind is greater than you think smile.gif The more you will visualize making mistakes - the more likely it is to happen. Why not instead, visualize how good it sounds and what notes are coming next? smile.gif

You are right Cosmin. I will give your advice a go and see how I get on. I will keep you updated smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 10 2014, 08:20 AM
Instructor
Please do, mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 10 2014, 08:12 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 10 2014, 07:20 AM) *
Please do, mate smile.gif

Hi Cosmin

I have being practicing the beginner rock rhythm lesson. I have being getting a little confused with the tab can you just confirm if this is correct please.

Play tabs down to bar 5. Repeat bar 2 ,3 and 4 and jump to bar 6. I have just noticed when writing this and checking the tabs that there is double stars in the tab has that got anything to do with it.

Cheers Sean

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 11 2014, 09:25 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif I suggest a different approach smile.gif If you really want to develop your skills - use your ears - by this, I mean listen to the structure of the lesson - you have two different rhythmic parts that are being played twice, each and the first one has a slight variation at the end when it goes into the other. So the structure looks like this:

Part 1, Part 1 with variation, Part 2, Solo having Part 2 as backing. You don't need tabs to understand structures. But you need to analyze the structure before starting to learn it. Check out my indications in the schedule and you will see that I noted this step as being an important one. Let me know if you understand the process described, ok?

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 11 2014, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 11 2014, 08:25 AM) *
Hey mate smile.gif I suggest a different approach smile.gif If you really want to develop your skills - use your ears - by this, I mean listen to the structure of the lesson - you have two different rhythmic parts that are being played twice, each and the first one has a slight variation at the end when it goes into the other. So the structure looks like this:

Part 1, Part 1 with variation, Part 2, Solo having Part 2 as backing. You don't need tabs to understand structures. But you need to analyze the structure before starting to learn it. Check out my indications in the schedule and you will see that I noted this step as being an important one. Let me know if you understand the process described, ok?

Yeah I know exactly what you mean Cosmin it makes perfect sense. I do really want to develop my skills and I think having you as mentor is exactly what I need to point me in the right direction with everything smile.gif I had a read over my schedule again and really need to focus on doing each step correctly to get the most out of each lesson.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 12 2014, 08:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 11 2014, 04:35 PM) *
Yeah I know exactly what you mean Cosmin it makes perfect sense. I do really want to develop my skills and I think having you as mentor is exactly what I need to point me in the right direction with everything smile.gif I had a read over my schedule again and really need to focus on doing each step correctly to get the most out of each lesson.

I'm glad you feel that, mate smile.gif Thank you for your kind thoughts and please keep going and keep me posted, deal?

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 12 2014, 09:33 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 12 2014, 07:12 AM) *
I'm glad you feel that, mate smile.gif Thank you for your kind thoughts and please keep going and keep me posted, deal?

No problem Cosmin. I will let you know where I am with things. Picking hand basics lesson I feel that i have made some improvements. The beginner rock rhythm I am trying to play along with the metronome and really feel the rhythm and get everything tight. This is something that I do find hard and can take some time with me.

I changed my amp at the weekend there to a blackstar HT1 R head and running it through a 1x12 Orange cabinet and I am loving it. smile.gif I am looking to try mic the amp up. So I am currently buying a Shure SM57 and also need to upgrade my audio interface.

I will have some recordings for you at the weekend. Thats my days of work and I will have the most time to try and make the recordings the best that I can.

Cheers Sean

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 13 2014, 08:51 AM
Instructor
Blackstar and Orange - nice!

Well mate, I am glad it's going along as it should smile.gif Not that easy, not that hard if everything is cool with these, we can move on to others next week, but first let's see how you are faring wink.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 15 2014, 09:50 PM
Hi Cosmin

I was trying to get some video recordings for you today but I was having trouble syncing both audio and video together. I was reading up on how to actually do it because I wasn't to sure. I will try again tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted out.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2014, 08:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 15 2014, 08:50 PM) *
Hi Cosmin

I was trying to get some video recordings for you today but I was having trouble syncing both audio and video together. I was reading up on how to actually do it because I wasn't to sure. I will try again tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted out.

Hey mate smile.gif no worries, what sort of programs are you using? Let me know if I can help in any way smile.gif

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:25 PM