Buzz Buzz Buzz, How do I raise a fender bridge?
RushRckz
Dec 31 2007, 04:19 AM
GMC:er
Hey so whenever i press down on the first fret, i always get a buzzing noise. This is because the string is hitting on the second fret. My handy salesperson at the local guitar center told me to raise the bridge, hwoever i have NO idea how this is done. Any Help? I have a regular fender tremolo bridge system.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nickmarx12345678
Dec 31 2007, 04:43 AM
If you can post a pic or something of your bridge I can most likely help you but ill check. Maybe I can either way

Ah! yes I can help you, I have a very similer guitar and had to do the opposite thing! Alright heres the thing though, your gonna need a really little allen wrench and ill explain why. So if your looking at the bridge you should see 6 rectangular prism type things that the string go through, now on top of those thing, towards the pickups is 12 little mini screws and i believe on a fender strat you need a real tiny allen wrench but what you do is just turn those(2 per string) so it raises the string until you dont get any buzz anymore(this is called raising your action)
Hopefully you can find the right tool! smile.gif
good luck!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ROCK ON!!!!

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Dec 31 2007, 04:56 AM
If raising the action at the bridge doesn't cure it you may need a small truss rod adjustment. Buzzing that low on the neck may not cure the problem by raising the bridge. If it doesn't let us know and we'll tell you how to adjust the truss rod.

This post has been edited by SDMF75: Dec 31 2007, 04:59 AM

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
RushRckz
Dec 31 2007, 05:59 AM
Well my neck is DEAD straight so no truss rod adjustment is nessisary, however the action raise worked perfectly. And for anybodies future information a 1/16th inch allen wrench works perfectly for a fender stratocaster tremolo bridge.

Thanks ALL!

But do you guys have any tips for properly atoning a guitar?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:49 AM