Auto-trim Tuner Question
Zephyr
Sep 13 2007, 01:25 PM
GMC:er
A while ago I had these Planetwaves auto-trim tuners installed on my Schecter, and they work great, I don't think I've had to re-tune it once since I picked it up from the shop last week.

It just now occurred to me, however, that if it trims the string as you tune it, can you put it in alternate tunings? I'm worried that if I change the tuning, then it will trim the string and I won't be able to change it back to standard without restringing it. Thanks in advance for your help!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 13 2007, 01:37 PM
Man sorry dude but im not sure.I just wanted to ask you if you were in the USA how much did you pay for them?They sound really cool and i may consider buying some.Also im sure there has to be a way to tune down cause they should know that poeple would atleast alternate betweeen D and E . tongue.gif Did they come with any papers stating anything on it?

Good luck with it

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Sep 13 2007, 01:45 PM
I think that I got them for about eighty bucks... a little pricey, but definately worth it in my opinion... but then, that also depends on whether or not you can change the tuning! But besides that, they're great, they stay in tune amazingly, and changing the strings is ridiculously simple, you just pull it through, lock it, and tune up.

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Sep 13 2007, 01:46 PM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 13 2007, 02:50 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Never saw this tool before but I'm guessing tuning down will be impossible since it means you're increasing the length of the string... but there's no string left to do that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:33 AM