Are You Ready For A Guitar Routine?
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2013, 01:59 PM
Instructor
Hey guys!! I would really like to invite you to join my Guitar Routines!!!

I will be sharing one today at Vchat at 19 hs (London Time)

LESSON NOTES: http://tinyurl.com/pamun5y

But I'm also offering customized routines at Gab's Army and the results that we are achieving with GMCers is awesome!!

So feel free to contact me via PM to start working together.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Nov 27 2013, 03:00 PM
GMC:er
Hi Gab, I was sceptical at first about having a "mentor" if you like... as always, i thought i could manage fine by myself and find my way through the GMC lessons and didn't need any help, which isn't necessarily wrong, i would of found my way, but it would of taken a lot longer to progress the way i have been progressing lately.
I think it's been around 7 days since i started working with you and already i feel like i'm breaking down that next door and improving as a guitarist..

My practise routines are much more structured & i feel like I'm constantly working on progressing my techniques, as a posed to just noodling around (which is fun) but in reality, weren't really improving my abilities as fast as i would of liked!

Thanks again mate.
I'm living up to my name!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2013, 03:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Im here to succeed @ Nov 27 2013, 11:00 AM) *
Hi Gab, I was sceptical at first about having a "mentor" if you like... as always, i thought i could manage fine by myself and find my way through the GMC lessons and didn't need any help, which isn't necessarily wrong, i would of found my way, but it would of taken a lot longer to progress the way i have been progressing lately.
I think it's been around 7 days since i started working with you and already i feel like i'm breaking down that next door and improving as a guitarist..

My practise routines are much more structured & i feel like I'm constantly working on progressing my techniques, as a posed to just noodling around (which is fun) but in reality, weren't really improving my abilities as fast as i would of liked!

Thanks again mate.
I'm living up to my name!

Hi mate! Thanks for sharing your experience here! I couldn't explain better how effective having a mentor who guides you and assigns diary routines can be. However it's cool to keep on finding your way, I don't think that it's one or the other... the idea of a mentor is to help you to find your way and do that journey faster. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Nov 27 2013, 05:24 PM
Hey Gab! I am more than happy to share my perspective on practicing routines.

first off, I have to say that my approach may not work for everyone, but it should work well for plenty of you. I do most of my work on a dedicated user account on my computer; this reinforces the idea that it is work time when I practice, not play time...you will find that many people will reiterate OVER AND OVER again that while dedicated practice is work, it doesn't mean you have to hate your work! If you aren't enjoying what you are practicing, there is something wrong with how you are approaching your practice.

before I get started with my practice session, I always decide on exactly what I will practice for each section I will be working on. I usually select two or three concepts or licks that provide great challenge to me that I can fill out a 20-30 minute span of time practicing and not get bored with it. This is an evolving process, as I always reflect on my practice session and question myself on how I want to approach my next session after I am done with my practice session

second, I structure and time my session with a stop watch. While it is important not to stifle ideas that may come to you while practicing, I have found that it makes for a great piece of practice to find a way to record or write down that idea quickly, so you can get back to the task at hand. If the idea is strong and worth working out later, you will have no problems returning to it later.

lastly, it is important to annotate tangible results of your progress. Finally getting the hang of that lick you've been practicing that used to be impossible? record the tempo you are able to play it cleanly at the beginning and end of the practice session. Learning new concepts in theory? choose a backing track to work on those concepts, and record your favorite take before and after you have been working on it for a while. The ability to physically and objectively see your progress is paramount to staying motivated!

I hope my tips can really help some of you that are struggling. Also, if you have any further tips for how I can improve my sessions Gab, please let me know! Good luck guys!

This post has been edited by Doug Lane: Nov 27 2013, 05:25 PM

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Nov 27 2013, 05:39 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 27 2013, 02:57 PM) *
Hi mate! Thanks for sharing your experience here! I couldn't explain better how effective having a mentor who guides you and assigns diary routines can be. However it's cool to keep on finding your way, I don't think that it's one or the other... the idea of a mentor is to help you to find your way and do that journey faster. smile.gif

No problem wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2013, 07:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Doug Lane @ Nov 27 2013, 01:24 PM) *
Hey Gab! I am more than happy to share my perspective on practicing routines.

first off, I have to say that my approach may not work for everyone, but it should work well for plenty of you. I do most of my work on a dedicated user account on my computer; this reinforces the idea that it is work time when I practice, not play time...you will find that many people will reiterate OVER AND OVER again that while dedicated practice is work, it doesn't mean you have to hate your work! If you aren't enjoying what you are practicing, there is something wrong with how you are approaching your practice.

before I get started with my practice session, I always decide on exactly what I will practice for each section I will be working on. I usually select two or three concepts or licks that provide great challenge to me that I can fill out a 20-30 minute span of time practicing and not get bored with it. This is an evolving process, as I always reflect on my practice session and question myself on how I want to approach my next session after I am done with my practice session

second, I structure and time my session with a stop watch. While it is important not to stifle ideas that may come to you while practicing, I have found that it makes for a great piece of practice to find a way to record or write down that idea quickly, so you can get back to the task at hand. If the idea is strong and worth working out later, you will have no problems returning to it later.

lastly, it is important to annotate tangible results of your progress. Finally getting the hang of that lick you've been practicing that used to be impossible? record the tempo you are able to play it cleanly at the beginning and end of the practice session. Learning new concepts in theory? choose a backing track to work on those concepts, and record your favorite take before and after you have been working on it for a while. The ability to physically and objectively see your progress is paramount to staying motivated!

I hope my tips can really help some of you that are struggling. Also, if you have any further tips for how I can improve my sessions Gab, please let me know! Good luck guys!

Hi mate, thanks a lot for sharing your experience. IT's cool to see that you create your own way of working over the routines that we are creating at the army. I'm sure that this post will give ideas to everybody here.

Also, feel free to have a look at my personal board where you will find the different routine threads for each student. You can join or you can just take ideas to incorporate in your diary practice.

Personal Board

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nava
Nov 27 2013, 07:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Guitar Routine..

Yes, absolutely!
I have been here in GMC for 2 years and I have like 30 lessons to work on! I have completed maybe like 6 of them..
Embarassing..So why is it like that? I see one lesson and I think YES, I think I can handle it! And I learn the whole lesson and come to a point where I cant play faster and not in line with original speed..Well, I search again and the same procedure occurs..
Sure, I have learned a lot here and I am a better guitarist today, BUT, I have no schedule or routine whatsoever..I play what I like.
I was starting to get it going with Zsolt Galambos before he quit and when he left it wasnt that fun anymore to practice hard.

So Gabriel here has frequently been sending me private messages about how things are and if I need any help and I have politely answered that I will think about it rolleyes.gif

And finally I agreed! It has been about 3-4 weeks now and he has given me a guitar routine and when I need more he is there right away and gives new patterns or lessons and answers any kind of questions I may have.

The thing I work on right now and almost mainly is AP and some legato and sweeping routines.
And I love it! It can be boring at some times to play the same pattern over and over and over and over again. But to change positions and play on different strings it becomes more attractive.

Then u notice it! After a week or so u notice that u can actually play these things LITTLE faster! And u go back and try the lessons u didnt complete before and it seems that its more easy to play now biggrin.gif

So dont do like me and choose one lesson here and another there..

Just take Gabriel, Cosmin, Ben or whoever is availabe and let them create a guitar routine especially made for You, to

make You become a more complete and better guitarvirtous! You wont regret it and I am just sorry that I didnt took this chance earlier.

This is important;)

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2013, 09:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Nov 27 2013, 06:32 PM) *
Guitar Routine..

Yes, absolutely!
I have been here in GMC for 2 years and I have like 30 lessons to work on! I have completed maybe like 6 of them..
Embarassing..So why is it like that? I see one lesson and I think YES, I think I can handle it! And I learn the whole lesson and come to a point where I cant play faster and not in line with original speed..Well, I search again and the same procedure occurs..
Sure, I have learned a lot here and I am a better guitarist today, BUT, I have no schedule or routine whatsoever..I play what I like.
I was starting to get it going with Zsolt Galambos before he quit and when he left it wasnt that fun anymore to practice hard.

So Gabriel here has frequently been sending me private messages about how things are and if I need any help and I have politely answered that I will think about it rolleyes.gif

And finally I agreed! It has been about 3-4 weeks now and he has given me a guitar routine and when I need more he is there right away and gives new patterns or lessons and answers any kind of questions I may have.

The thing I work on right now and almost mainly is AP and some legato and sweeping routines.
And I love it! It can be boring at some times to play the same pattern over and over and over and over again. But to change positions and play on different strings it becomes more attractive.

Then u notice it! After a week or so u notice that u can actually play these things LITTLE faster! And u go back and try the lessons u didnt complete before and it seems that its more easy to play now biggrin.gif

Just take Gabriel, Cosmin, Ben or whoever is availabe and let them create a guitar routine especially made for You, to

make You become a more complete and better guitarvirtous! You wont regret it and I am just sorry that I didnt took this chance earlier.

This is important;)

Thank you for your nice thoughts man! We're here to help and it seems it's working, so all you guys have to do is ask smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2013, 06:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Nov 27 2013, 03:32 PM) *
Guitar Routine..

Yes, absolutely!

This is important;)

Hi Nava! Thanks for your appreciation about working on guitar routines. Let me add that every time you start to feel a bit boring, the routine needs a chance. The main goal here is not learn as many lessons as you can, the goal is to become a better guitarist and a more complete musician.

So every time you feel bored, contact us. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 29 2013, 08:59 AM
Instructor
And there's also another thing smile.gif Why not get involved in things that involve more people than just yourself? biggrin.gif Boredom will surely disappear when other folks will work with you in a musical piece - it can be a GMC collab, it can be Youtube collab between you and people with the same interests. Put the routines to work - use the knowledge and inspiration you receive from them and us and make up music, with people. Trust me, NOTHING compares with it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2013, 02:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 29 2013, 04:59 AM) *
And there's also another thing smile.gif Why not get involved in things that involve more people than just yourself? biggrin.gif Boredom will surely disappear when other folks will work with you in a musical piece - it can be a GMC collab, it can be Youtube collab between you and people with the same interests. Put the routines to work - use the knowledge and inspiration you receive from them and us and make up music, with people. Trust me, NOTHING compares with it wink.gif

This is a great addition by Cosmin. It's important that you never forget why everything started, the reason why you decided to pick up a guitar. Sometimes we can become very obsessive and forget to enjoy the journey. Making music is the main goal after all, so we never have to forget it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:50 AM