Blackstar Ht-5 Emulated Output, How do I use it?
Chris S.
Jan 23 2016, 11:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys,

So I got a good deal on a Blackstar HT-5 head, but the local music store employee didn't really seem to confident in his answers.

Since I don't have a dummy load this is what I was going for:

Guitar > Ht-5 (in standby with no speaker connected) and then I run an instrument cable from the emulated output into my Avid 11 Rack to act as my DI box for recording USB.

Problem is no sound/signal whatsoever.

Am I doing something wrong or was I misinformed and my setup above not going to work?

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind I'm just an idiot; had the volume turned all the way down to figure tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Jan 23 2016, 11:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 24 2016, 12:05 AM
Learning Tone Master
turn off stand by

opps, I am an idiot for not reading the edit

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Jan 24 2016, 12:17 AM

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jan 24 2016, 12:13 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 23 2016, 11:05 PM) *
turn off stand by

It has to be on Standby according to the Blackstar website, the problem I had was the volume on my guitar was all the way down which it generally isn't - embarrassing but you live and learn tongue.gif

Hardest part now is tweaking the cab/mic selection on the 11 Rack to dial in a good tone.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 25 2016, 11:45 AM
Instructor
Blackstar has already cab simulation. You don't want to double-filter the tone. Now if there is a switch to select if your direct out signal is with/without a cab sim, then it's ok to to play it through external device with cab simulation. PErsonally I prefer to go for profit of recording "the ugly one" signal from direct out and leave if for further impulse match. It gives and ability to chnage the cab simulation whenever you like. For example if today is a bad day (hearing-wise) you can still match the cab another day when you're fresh (hearing-wise again:) ) If you record signal processed through 11R cab sims, you'll not be able to change it anymore. But of course...there is nothign wrong with it

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:52 PM