2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ngd - Prs Singlecut Content
SixStringSamurai
Mar 12 2014, 11:17 AM
GMC:er
Actually got this last week, but thought I'd share it anyhow!

Been going through a PRS Singlecut phase recently, and am pretty sure I'm going to sell my Gibson LP (and then buy one again when the LP craze hits me in a year or whatever, haha!).

I got an Emerald Green one awhile back, but I've always wanted one with the full list of pimped out features like 10-top and birds, so when I saw this for a decent price, I couldn't help myself.

Here are some pics! The rest are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4...4660&type=1

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 12 2014, 11:19 AM
Leaving all the pix in the reply as they are too spiff to leave out smile.gif That is NNNNIIIIIIIIIICCCEEE!!!!!!!

You gotta make some vid/audio recordings for us smile.gif

QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Mar 12 2014, 06:17 AM) *
Actually got this last week, but thought I'd share it anyhow!

Been going through a PRS Singlecut phase recently, and am pretty sure I'm going to sell my Gibson LP (and then buy one again when the LP craze hits me in a year or whatever, haha!).

I got an Emerald Green one awhile back, but I've always wanted one with the full list of pimped out features like 10-top and birds, so when I saw this for a decent price, I couldn't help myself.

Here are some pics! The rest are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4...4660&type=1

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 12 2014, 02:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome! I miss new gear days! Been way too long since I've had one. Money doesn't allow it though at the moment.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Mar 12 2014, 06:59 PM
Thanks guys!

Todd, I recently got some D'addario XLFormula3 strings to beta test, so I'll be chucking them on this SC and making some clips when I've got some time!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 12 2014, 07:39 PM
I loved the top figure and it works so well with the color, would like to hear it too smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Mar 12 2014, 07:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 12 2014, 07:54 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Beautiful PRS. I only have a Custom 24 SE being that it plays well for the price.

Enjoy it, that is one amazing guitar!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
tonyk
Mar 12 2014, 08:42 PM
Looks great.how does it sound compared with gibson.does it feel better?

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Mar 13 2014, 01:06 AM
QUOTE (tonyk @ Mar 12 2014, 07:42 PM) *
Looks great.how does it sound compared with gibson.does it feel better?

I guess "better" is quite subjective.

Let me start by saying that I've ALWAYS been a Les Paul fanatic (Slash is my main influence). I'll probably always own a Les Paul-type guitar but whether it's a Singlecut or a Gibson LP will probably change every couple of years, haha.

I like the Singlecut for a couple of reasons:

- Aesthetically, it's one of the few LP-variant designs which I find looks both original and appealing. Most designs trying to create their own unique take on the LP fail miserably, imo.

- The slightly longer scale (25" vs 24.75") for me gives a tone with ever so slightly more snap and bite to it. So you're less likely to get a muddy neck humbucker tone as you might with a Les Paul.

- Bird inlays!! Hahah.

- The neck joint, while still very solid, is slightly more contoured and comfortable compared to the traditional big block LP joint.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2014, 10:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Mar 13 2014, 12:06 AM) *
I guess "better" is quite subjective.

Let me start by saying that I've ALWAYS been a Les Paul fanatic (Slash is my main influence). I'll probably always own a Les Paul-type guitar but whether it's a Singlecut or a Gibson LP will probably change every couple of years, haha.

I like the Singlecut for a couple of reasons:

- Aesthetically, it's one of the few LP-variant designs which I find looks both original and appealing. Most designs trying to create their own unique take on the LP fail miserably, imo.

- The slightly longer scale (25" vs 24.75") for me gives a tone with ever so slightly more snap and bite to it. So you're less likely to get a muddy neck humbucker tone as you might with a Les Paul.

- Bird inlays!! Hahah.

- The neck joint, while still very solid, is slightly more contoured and comfortable compared to the traditional big block LP joint.

I myself am a fan of the SC and the Tremonti models from PRS smile.gif They are simply put sexier, great looking LPs with a comfier neck and brighter tone..and a personal favorite - a much more comfier bridge than that darn tune-o-matic. Things which would definitely make me get an SC over a Gibson LP every time smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Mar 13 2014, 10:13 AM

+Quote Post
dcz702
Mar 13 2014, 11:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Now that's shiny. I want one to but a lot of prs are bank. Someday I'll get one. Had a single cut awhile back the Korean made one it was a great guitar. But like you I want one that's all blinged out to. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 13 2014, 02:46 PM
Instructor
It's beautifull! You also own my favourite guitar stand biggrin.gif How about the measure? Somehow those one piece brides can be annoying...at least in the cheapest - Koren series. How are Your feeling about it?

+Quote Post
Jouve
Mar 13 2014, 02:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Not a big fan of a singlecut, but a great fan of the PRS.
Congratulations biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Mar 14 2014, 03:55 AM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 13 2014, 01:46 PM) *
It's beautifull! You also own my favourite guitar stand biggrin.gif How about the measure? Somehow those one piece brides can be annoying...at least in the cheapest - Koren series. How are Your feeling about it?

Hercules stands are the best! It's the only time I've ever been excited about buying a stand. I was just floored by how well engineered they are.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Mar 14 2014, 08:14 AM
I'm another big PRS Singlecut fan, in this case, my Stripped 58 - Too bad they discontinued this model (and the SC-58, although I like the Stripped better!)...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 14 2014, 09:32 AM
Instructor
The SC 58 is also beautiful.. I had no idea they have discontinued it tho.. now, I know I liked the SC 245 a few years ago, but it seems like they have cut this one down as well.. Too bad sad.gif

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Mar 14 2014, 09:39 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 14 2014, 03:32 AM) *
The SC 58 is also beautiful.. I had no idea they have discontinued it tho.. now, I know I liked the SC 245 a few years ago, but it seems like they have cut this one down as well.. Too bad sad.gif

They've actually updated the SC 245 to have the 2 piece bridge, as well as the 57/08 pickups, so it's close to what the SC 58 was. It's still really nice!

http://www.prsguitars.com/sc245/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 14 2014, 10:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hexabuzz @ Mar 14 2014, 08:39 AM) *
They've actually updated the SC 245 to have the 2 piece bridge, as well as the 57/08 pickups, so it's close to what the SC 58 was. It's still really nice!

http://www.prsguitars.com/sc245/

Looks even sleeker wink.gif Slender and angry!

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Mar 14 2014, 10:20 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 14 2014, 04:18 AM) *
Looks even sleeker wink.gif Slender and angry!

I wish I was slender and angry!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 15 2014, 10:52 AM
Instructor
laugh.gif Will guitar playing improve if you were slender and angry? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Mar 15 2014, 11:00 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 15 2014, 04:52 AM) *
laugh.gif Will guitar playing improve if you were slender and angry? wink.gif

No, but I'd look much cooler in a music video... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:40 PM