2 Pages V  < 1 2  
This Makes Me Look Down At A7x
Smikey2006
Aug 13 2008, 02:57 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (VinceG @ Aug 12 2008, 05:31 PM) *
Metahl is evil because its Satan's music!!!! We are here as Satan's decibels. Crucify the Son Of God, and headbang till the great Baphomet appears before us mortals. HAIL CHAOS, HAIL WAR, HAIL SATAN!!!!!!!!

AMEN METAL BROTHER!.

i don't like A7X.. also if their name is avenged seven fold why is there an x? I really think they are more emo than metal. Metal = Long Hair (your natural colour not died black unless its like black and red or died blue or something more awsome) Metal = Bullet Belts and Cargo Pants and Jean Jackets. Baggy fitting Pants and either tight t-shirts or sleeveless and tattoos of demons and stuff (Kerry King).. Tight jeans ARE NOT METAL! BEING SKINNY AND WEARING GLOVES IS NOT METAL! UNLESS YOUR GLOVES HAVE HUGE SPIKES ON THEM, THEN ITS METAL! i could go on for a while about image in metal, personally i think a skullet is the best way to be metal (google Devin Townsend) But perhaps this conversation will continue and i can give more reasons A7X is not metal ( if you classify them as hardcore i will be satisfied perhaps)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 13 2008, 03:28 AM
Devin Townsend makes me proud to be somewhat bald. I think hes one of the few people who can pull off the skullet look along with Dallas from Nile.

Also, metal heads from the 80's worse tight jean pants, but none of that skin tight pants.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by VinceG: Aug 13 2008, 03:29 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Aug 18 2008, 08:57 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Aug 13 2008, 03:57 AM) *
AMEN METAL BROTHER!.

i don't like A7X.. also if their name is avenged seven fold why is there an x? I really think they are more emo than metal. Metal = Long Hair (your natural colour not died black unless its like black and red or died blue or something more awsome) Metal = Bullet Belts and Cargo Pants and Jean Jackets. Baggy fitting Pants and either tight t-shirts or sleeveless and tattoos of demons and stuff (Kerry King).. Tight jeans ARE NOT METAL! BEING SKINNY AND WEARING GLOVES IS NOT METAL! UNLESS YOUR GLOVES HAVE HUGE SPIKES ON THEM, THEN ITS METAL! i could go on for a while about image in metal, personally i think a skullet is the best way to be metal (google Devin Townsend) But perhaps this conversation will continue and i can give more reasons A7X is not metal ( if you classify them as hardcore i will be satisfied perhaps)

Okay, so metal is just about looking ridiculous?

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 18 2008, 09:17 AM
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Aug 18 2008, 08:57 AM) *
Okay, so metal is just about looking ridiculous?

That's a good question biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Aug 18 2008, 09:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (VinceG @ Aug 12 2008, 11:31 PM) *
Metahl is evil because its Satan's music!!!! We are here as Satan's decibels. Crucify the Son Of God, and headbang till the great Baphomet appears before us mortals. HAIL CHAOS, HAIL WAR, HAIL SATAN!!!!!!!!

blink.gif What the.........DUDE?!!!!!! That's NOT metal....it's comments like that, that give the genre a bad name!!

Anyways... A7X aren't a favourite but that guy will shred alot of people right off the table. They might not be original and the rest but hay
they're making a good living from what they love doing, give them that;)

This post has been edited by Ian Bushell: Aug 18 2008, 05:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Aug 18 2008, 10:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Aug 13 2008, 03:57 AM) *

Someone who has a better idea about METAL me thinks?

I'd like to point something out about image:
A7X are signed to a huge "commercial" label (Warner Bros. i think), in my experience when signed to big/commercial labels or management agencies
you don't have alot of say as a band in some cases. This includes what you wear/image even the songs that go on your album at the best of times.
You can get away with alot more on smaller and Indie labels, but the HUGE labels are interested in making money full stop and will in turn make you look
and sound ridiculous as you guys have put it! Lighter songs, trendy image = SALES. That's a very generalised way of how BIG labels see things.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 18 2008, 11:54 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (VinceG @ Aug 12 2008, 05:31 PM) *

I assume that was a joke? Please keep things a little more respectful for those on the site with religious convictions ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 18 2008, 01:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've never liked Avenged Sevenfold, and never will. I don't like neither their music or their image.

The Pantera tip is problaby the best tip I've heard, regarding A7x tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Aug 18 2008, 05:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Canis @ Aug 18 2008, 02:14 PM) *
I've never liked Avenged Sevenfold, and never will. I don't like neither their music or their image.

The Pantera tip is problaby the best tip I've heard, regarding A7x tongue.gif

Pantera is way better:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Duncan
Aug 18 2008, 07:23 PM
Pantera are way over rated.

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Aug 18 2008, 08:19 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Aug 12 2008, 05:11 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEpclz7p4sE...feature=related

this video shows similarties in songs that a7x might have stole from other bands I'm not sure. But this just kinda makes me look down on them.

Everyone is copying anyone. In all things.
It's how you copy which matters.
Stones and Clapton stole from the blues, which stole from gospel and folk..
Classical composers stole from each other too..
Natural thing to do! wink.gif

QUOTE (VinceG @ Aug 12 2008, 11:31 PM) *

They said that about Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis too. laugh.gif

Anyway A7x (*sic*) looks too much like a boy band clone to me.

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 18 2008, 08:21 PM
Ok so my post on Metal was a joke. I even tried to make it sound, read, and look like a joke. Really, that joke is pretty much a universal sign for metal like "Black Metal ist krieg" joke. Sorry for the people who took it the wrong way. I was just jokingly quoting Sigma on his question why Metal is Evil.

Its a joke people. Sorry smile.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 18 2008, 09:21 PM
QUOTE (jacmoe @ Aug 18 2008, 09:19 PM) *
Everyone is copying anyone. In all things.
It's how you copy which matters.
Stones and Clapton stole from the blues, which stole from gospel and folk..
Classical composers stole from each other too..
Natural thing to do! wink.gif

FINALLY someone who's not out of their senses laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sigma7
Aug 18 2008, 09:36 PM
QUOTE (Ian Bushell @ Aug 18 2008, 04:34 AM) *
blink.gif What the.........DUDE?!!!!!! That's NOT metal....it's comments like that, that give the genre a bad name!!

Anyways... A7X aren't a favourite but that guy will shred alot of people right off the table. They might not be original and the rest but hay
they're making a good living from what they love doing, give them that;)

Haha finally someone shares my views...me and u should hang out sumtime to play real metal

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roadside
Aug 27 2008, 08:24 PM
avenged is pretty ok and in my opinion it´s normal "to copy" as some of you already said, cause they got influenced by these bands! The bands play things they like, so it´s not unusual that the songs sound familiar somehow...

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 27 2008, 08:29 PM
Guitarman700, your signature photo cracks me up everytime!!
This is so off topic biggrin.gif

Anyway, A7x is gay, I agree.

Edit:
"QUOTE (VinceG @ Aug 12 2008, 05:31 PM) *
Metahl is evil because its Satan's music!!!! We are here as Satan's decibels. Crucify the Son Of God, and headbang till the great Baphomet appears before us mortals. HAIL CHAOS, HAIL WAR, HAIL SATAN!!!!!!!!"

Wow, that's some of the most ******* retarded things I have ever heard. Congrats.
And by the way, God's son was already crucified.

This post has been edited by kjutte: Aug 27 2008, 08:33 PM

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 27 2008, 08:30 PM
I can´t say I like AX7 very much. But I do understand that music is a limited medium and that a band is bound to copy another bands idea some day.

I´ve stated earlier, I know only Like and Don´t like. And If you don´t mind I´ll stick to that. smile.gif

+Quote Post
GuitarStar997
Sep 2 2008, 03:54 PM
ahhh it could be worse =)
but i dislike when syn wears that pinstripe tophat sorta like slash's lol, i would consider THAT the biggest rip off =)

+Quote Post
Noangels
Sep 2 2008, 04:22 PM
There cool players,who can rip it up the neck.Love their tone too,not a big fan of them as they look(wrong)but
you cant fault their music even if they borrow a few riffs here and there smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:46 AM